A Guide to Combine two or more QuickBooks reports from multiple QuickBooks desktop company files:
QuickBooks is advanced accounting software that is highly regarded by millions of business owners in the United States, Canada, and all across the world. Its features like integrating reports make it all the more interesting and user-friendly. One of the highly appreciated features of QuickBooks is that it allows the user to merge two or more QuickBooks company files. A user can easily combine financial reports from different company files. In this article, we are going to explain the ways for merging/combining the reports from multiple company data files in QuickBooks. It is highly reliable to combine the reports from Multiple companies features enable a user to create a report for combining several balance sheets which you can transfer to the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file.
If you have any questions about this topic, feel free to send a support request from here or you can contact to our dedicated technical support team.
How to Customize QuickBooks Desktop Custom Reports?
Some basic part for the simple data about reports in QuickBooks Desktop is below described:
Understanding Between Two or More Several Accounts:
One of the main tasks for performing the combined reports is completely understandable. If you are acquainted with this or you can simply understand the several data then you can simply check the needed information for the completion of a task.
Maintain Report for Orientation:
After checking the whole information, the next thing is to organize the data as it is needed.
If you are willing to make any kind of changes in the information as per the requirement then it is an imperative part.
To make your information effective as well as favorite then you can simply comment.
Built and Organize Regular Reports:
One of the most imperative things is to classify the data and it also needs to be scheduled.
Important Points to Note
To combine the reports some of the below points are required to remember:
- The report is required to be much simple for reading as well as in creating a profile in several company files as almost similar.
- The reports are required to be combined if they contain appropriate data in an identical way such as name, type, and alike gradable level.
Below are some valuable points which tell that accounts will not be combined if:
- If they contain dissimilar property and assets.
- There is some difference in alphabetic character.
- Account mismatch.
- If one user has a dissimilar report and the other has distinct data.
- Reports are categorized into different types. The Details are to be selected in some order of what has been done in the chosen company file within each report. If the account appends by others in sequence after that they are encountered.
- If you chose to log in to your file and also want to switch them to various users so as to accommodate the merging routine.
Steps to Combine Two Companies Into One in QuickBooks Desktop
Option 1: Combine Reports in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (Built-In)
A few main features of built-in combines reports in QuickBooks desktop enterprise:
If you are having any built-in function in any of the fields then you can simply perform several complicated tasks with utmost ease. Likewise, QuickBooks enterprise also offers a built-in feature for merging various company files.
Note that, QuickBooks enterprise allows you to combine reports from multiple company files. These include:
- Standard of record
- A conclusion of the balance sheet
- Financial loss amount and profit
- Category of profit and loss
- Comment on the cash flow
- Check on balance
For Combining the Reports:
- Initially, you need to choose combine reports from multiple companies from the reports menu.
- Moreover, opt for add files option, then locate the other company file and choose open. Repeat the same process for additional files.
- Now, under select reports for combining, choose the reports you wish to combine.
- Heading forward, pick the report from and to date range and also go for a report basis.
- You now have to hit on combine reports in excel. A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will show up with the combined information.
Option 2: Use a Third-Party Software
If you agree to use third-party software then you can simply pinpoint various programs that work with QuickBooks. Some of these programs offer important information to make the additional data from various corporate files.
Option 3: Manually Export Reports From Each File and Combine Them Using Microsoft Excel
You can simply transfer the reports by following some of the given steps and merge reports through Microsoft Excel:
- You need to initially access the first company file.
- Now, on the select report, you are supposed to export to an Excel worksheet and save the workbook.
- You are then required to access your second company file.
- Furthermore, create the same report and then export to an excel worksheet in the same workbook and also choose the save tab.
- You now have to launch Microsoft Excel and open the workbook.
- Later on, combine the two reports into a third worksheet manually.
- End the process by saving the workbook.
We hope that this article assisted you to integrate QuickBooks reports. In case the issue persists or you need further assistance regarding the process to combine two or more QuickBooks reports, you can speak to our 24×7 QuickBooks support team. Whatever, your QuickBooks issue is, our professionals have the capability to root out all the technical problems encountered while using the QuickBooks accounting software.
Some other helpful articles: