QuickBooks users have been experiencing a missing employee issue in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. This issue prevents users from using the payroll. This issue is often experienced when the employee has been set to an inactive state or if the employee is not linked to the correct payroll schedule. Nonetheless, there are multiple fixes for this issue and by the end of this blog, users shall master all the troubleshooting steps to fix a missing employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
What are the principal causes that may incite a missing employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
Some of the main causes behind this issue are:
- Employee is inactive.
- An Employee hasn’t been added to the payroll.
- Employee has a specific release date.
- Employee is not linked to the correct payroll schedule.
You can also see: How to Troubleshoot Basic QuickBooks Company File Issues?
Procedure to Fix a Missing Employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
There are two possible cases of a missing employee in the payroll. Both of them have been listed out below, along with the steps for fixing the same.
Case 1: If the Employee is missing in the employee center
- In the beginning, head to the Employees tab.
- Therein, choose the Employee Center.
- Above the Employees’ names, click on the drop down menu and choose All Employees tab.
- Look for the missing employee. After that, clear the X mark located on the left side of the employee.
- Again, click on the dropdown menu above the employees’ names. This time, hit on the Active Employees option.
Case 2: If the Employee is missing in both the scheduled as well as unscheduled payroll
This scenario may occur when an employee has a termination date or an employment release date. The steps for the resolution of the issue in this case are:
- Proceed to Employees tab.
- After that, advance to the Employee Center.
- Herein, double-click on the employee’s name.
- Subsequent to that, click on the Employment Info.
- After that, clear the field corresponding to the Employment Release Date.
- Run the payroll again.
- Examine if the missing employee is showing up.
Miscellaneous Fixes for a Missing Employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Users can conform to the below given fixes if the issue still keeps lingering on.
1st Solution: incorporating the Employee to the Payroll Timetable
- Initially, click on the top menu and opt for Employees.
- Now, head to the Employee Center.
- Hit a click on the missing employee and then advance to the Employee info option.
- After that, move to the Employee data option.
- Add the release date if it hasn’t been already added.
- Finally, set the release date.
2nd Solution: Check if the Employee is Inactive
- Go to the Employees tab and then visit the Employee Center.
- After that, click on View on the list of Employees and after that, hit on the All Employees option.
- If the X mark shows up against the employees, the specific employee is inactive.
3rd Solution: Checking if the employee has been designated as the owner
- Head to the Employees tab and then go to the Employee Center.
- Double-click on the missing Employee and then visit the Employee Info.
- Within Employee Info, head to the Employee Date.
- Click on Type and check if the owner is chose or not.
4th Solution: Check for Deleted Employees
- Go to the Employees menu and select Employee Center.
- After that click on the drop-down arrow next to the View option and select All Employees.
- Also look for the missing employee’s name in the list of employees.
- If the employee is listed with a status of “Deleted,” you can click on the employee’s name and select the Undelete Employee option to restore them.
5th Solution: Checking the Payroll Schedule
- At first, navigate to the Employees menu and select Payroll Center.
- After that check the Payroll Schedule to make sure the employee is listed.
- If in case it it not listed there, hit a click the Add New Payroll Schedule button and add the missing employee’s information.
The current article contained the different cases and solutions to fix a missing employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. The steps should be clearly discernible to users. However, if you come across any hurdles while performing the troubleshooting steps, just reach out to our QuickBooks desktop error support team of QuickBooks experts at the helpline i.e. 1-800-615-2347.