Error Initializing QBPOS application log can be seen when opening QuickBooks Point of Sale on the system. Also, the cause for this error can be the incompatibility of the two software or Windows files that are corrupted or damaged in the system. You might also face the error like “Error initializing QBPOS application log. If this happens every time you launch the program, please contact technical support”.
To know further details about fixing error initializing QBPOS application log, then make sure that you stick to this post till the end. Or contact our professionals and our team will be there to assist you.
What Leads to this QBPOS Application log “Error initializing QBPOS Application Log Error?
The initializing QuickBooks POS application log issue can be seen due to following reasons:
- This issue can be seen when you are installing or downloading QuickBooks point of sale.
- Initializing the QuickBooks POS log error can be caused by corrupted Windows framework.
- Another reason can be if the Windows framework is harming the PC framework.
You might see also: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors
Steps to Resolve the Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log Issue
You can perform the below steps to fix the issue successfully:
- The first step is to move to the Task manager.
- And then, end the undertaking for QBPOSShell. This should be possible by selecting the Processes tab and selecting QBPOSShell. Choose the End process.
- Now, open Windows explorer by hitting Windows + E keys.
- And, set the Option to visible.
Step 1: Edit the QBPOS shell folder
For Windows 11, 10 or 8
- For this, you should press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task manager.
- After that move to the Process tab and select QBPOS shell.
- Next step is to click on End task tab.
- Moving ahead, go to the File explorer by pressing Windows + E keys.
- And move to the View tab and make a Check on hidden items.
- Move to C:\Users\User name\App Data\Local\Intuit\QBPOSshell.exe
- And right click on the user.config and choose Rename.
- You should also rename it to user.config.old
- And close all the Windows and reopen QuickBooks point of sale on the system.
For Windows 7
- For Windows 7, click on Windows icon and select Control panel.
- Also, move to the Folder options and click on the View tab.
- Now, under the Advanced settings, click on the Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Also, click on Apply and OK tab.
- Further move to the C:\Users\User name\Appdata\local\intuit\QBPOSshell.ex
- Right click the user.config and choose Rename tab.
- Also, rename it to user.config.old
- The last step is to close all the Windows and reopen QuickBooks point of sale for desktop.
Step 2: Creating a New Windows Admin User
- At first right click on Windows and select Settings.
- After that move to Accounts and select Family and other users.
- Now, under other users, click on Add someone else to this PC
- Moreover, click on I don’t have this person’s sign in information.
- Also, select the Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Further enter the Username and password and click on Next tab.
- And now under the other users, see the new user that you have created.
- Followed by clicking on the New user and click on Change account type.
- After that on the Next window click on the drop-down menu and Switch user from standard to admin and click on OK tab.
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks point of sale and you are good to go.
We conclude the post over here, with the hope that the above stated steps would be more than enough to fix the error initializing QBPOS application log. However, if the error persists, or if you need any sort of assistance, then in that case reach out to our QuickBooks error support team professionals at our support line i.e. 1-800-615-2347.