3 Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 557
Method 1). Use System Restore in Windows
- Enter the system for the first time with your Administrator User ID and password.
- Next, select Accessories by clicking the Windows Start button. Finally, tool Systems >>> Restore the system.
- Choose a restore point that you previously created or one that was generated automatically (the most recent one)
- Next, click the System Restore to begin, and then wait.
- You must restart your system after System Restoring is complete.
- Finally, restart your QuickBooks software when the restore process has been completed successfully.
Method 2). Run a complete Malware Scan on your PC
- Launch the system, then enter “Command” in the search field.
- Ctrl + Shift keys, followed by Enter, are pressed.
- The Control Panel will now be visible to you.
- Then When the run dialogue box appears in front of you after you click Yes, type “Regedit” into the search bar and click OK.
- Selecting the error-related key in Record Editor is the next step.
- Export can be found in the file menu.
- The next step is selecting a folder to store the QuickBooks Backup Key.
- Inside the file box name, give the system file a name.
- Ensure that the export range box has the desired branch selected.
- When you click “Save,” a file with the extension “.reg” will be created.
Read also: How do I Fix The QuickBooks Payroll Error?
Method 3). Try This Solution If the Above Doesn’t Resolve the Error
- Launch your computer and enter a command in the search box first.
- You can launch a recording device with a flashing cursor by holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys while pressing Enter on your computer. This will bring up the Permission Panel.
- You must then type “Regedit” and press the Enter key.
- The next step is to choose the key associated with error 557 in the written record editor.
- When finished, choose Export from the File menu.
- In the Save In List window, select the folder where you wish to stop spending the QuickBooks backup key.
- Type the name of your computer file in the File Box name field.