QuickBooks Desktop is exemplary and unmatched accounting software that has attested to its usefulness by delivering innumerable accounting services to small and medium-sized businesses. However, what cannot be overlooked is the spate of ever-evolving and recurring technical snags encountered while working with the QuickBooks software. One such error in QuickBooks shows up when the Internet Explorer is required when it is already installed on your system, which usually requires you to upgrade the Internet Explorer browser.
Such error can be extremely annoying, leading to unwelcome delays in the submission of work and forcing you to wander on the net in search of troubleshooting avenues to fix the same. However, we are here to assist you in the most convenient way. This blog shall make sure that this error gets resolved in the next couple of minutes. Make sure to read it carefully till the very end.
If you feel that the contents require technical proficiency and you cannot implement them on your own, then reach out to our technical support team through the helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347. As an alternative, you can also reach out to our team through the live chat option available on our website. Our team will perform the troubleshooting on your behalf. So, without wasting any time, let us march forward.
Internet Explorer is required Warning: Causes behind the warning
Some conspicuous causes may trigger the error. These include:
- Internet Explorer browser is not updated to the latest version.
- Damaged/Corrupted essential QuickBooks files
- Poor internet connectivity
You may see also: How to Recover QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Effective Steps to Fix Internet Explorer is required when it is already installed warning in QuickBooks
This section entails all the practical troubleshooting steps arranged sequentially. As a necessary prerequisite, you must follow all the steps in the same sequence.
Step 1: Check the current version of Internet Explorer on your computer
In the inception, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed on your system. If not, then it is the principal cause behind the error and requires you to upgrade the browser to its latest version. Follow the steps below to check your version of the Internet Explorer browser:
- First, launch the Internet Explorer browser.
- Subsequently, hit on the Gear icon. As an easy alternative, you can hit the Alt + X keys together on the keyboard. This shall open a drop-down list.
- Choose the About Internet Explorer option.
- From the dialog box that shows up on the screen, check the version of the browser. If you have a version older than Internet Explorer 11, then update the browser. To let the browser update automatically in the future, hit on the Install new versions automatically checkbox.
- However, if you already have the latest version (Internet Explorer 11), then follow the subsequent step.
Step 2: Edit the qbw.ini file using Notepad
- Close the Internet Explorer browser.
- Afterward, proceed to the destination ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks.’
- Herein, locate the qbw.ini file and hit a right-click on it.
- Choose the Open With option.
- From the list of programs to open, hit a click on Notepad and subsequently choose OK.
- Upon opening the file through Notepad, you are required to scroll down and search for the [Misc] section.
- Once located, you need to delete the following line: IEVersionOverride=600
- After deleting the portion, hit on the File menu, followed by choosing the Save option.
- All the changes are thus saved. Follow it up by closing the Notepad.
Step 3: Make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a commendable tool that has far-reaching benefits when it comes to rectifying an innumerable number of technical intricacies and error codes in the QuickBooks software. It can also assist in fixing the Internet Explorer required when it is already installed warning. Follow the steps below to use this exceptional tool:
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub through the official website of Intuit.
- Upon downloading the file, save it to a desirable location.
- Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and conclude the process by accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- Once the installation is finished, launch the tool by double-clicking on its Desktop icon.
- Head to the Program Problems tab.
- Follow it up by choosing the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Let the scan initiate and check for any issues related to the QuickBooks software. The process may take a while.
- When completed, restart the computer and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify if the error got fixed.
Although Internet Explorer 11.0 is required when it is already installed error doesn’t involve any technical proficiency to get it wiped off from your system. However, there may still be an instance wherein you may feel a need for technical assistance. Reach out to our QuickBooks technical support team for indomitable customer support.
Our team of certified experts endeavors to make the QuickBooks software error-free. So, reach out to us through the helpline, 1-800-615-2347. We offer 24/7 support services to our revered users.