The accounting software QuickBooks gives its users several tools and improvements for managing their finances. It makes financial reports more straightforward and efficient. As a result, it has helped it become the leader in the accounting software market. But, unfortunately, it has bugs and errors.
What is QuickBooks Crashing Error?
A QuickBooks crashing error will cause the program to crash, freeze, or hang without any input from the user. This issue may have been brought on by several factors, including file corruption, improper or incomplete installation, etc.
You know how much you and your work suffer if your QuickBooks desktop 2023 keeps crashing. This problem can be very frustrating and cause the end user a lot of trouble. But there’s no need to worry because we have a handy troubleshooting guide with everything you need to know about why QuickBooks keeps crashing and how to fix it.
You may like this: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Critical Update Errors
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop 2023
Method 1: QuickBooks Tool Hub
Downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and double-click on the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file
- This will lead to the installation process; follow the prompts as guided
- Proceed by agreeing to the terms and conditions and entering the required details
- Now, the tool will detect the problem itself and resolve it. Check it by launching the application once done.
Quick Fix My Problem
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and the “Program Problems” tab
- Locate “Quick Fix My Program”
- Choose it and follow the prompts as instructed
- Launch QuickBooks with your data file
- It will launch and detect the issues itself
Quick Fix My File
- Locate the “Company File Issues” option and choose the “Quick Fix My File” tab
- Run it and ensure that it detects the issues
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Locate the QB Tool Hub and choose the “Company File Issues” option
- Run the application, and it will detect the file with damages
- Choose the company file in the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Select “Check Your File and Network” and click “Next.”
- This tool will repair the QB file when found corrupted with issues.
Method 2: Modify the Names of QBWUSER.INI File
- Go to the directory folder on the computer’s C drive
- Locate the folder with the .ini extension
- Find the file named QBWUSER.INI and select “Rename.”
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name
- Click on “OK”
- Now, alter the name of the DataStore.ecml file
- Next, restart the system and check if the QuickBooks desktop 2023 is working correctly.
Method 3: Reboot the Software and System
- Close all operations in QuickBooks
- If the system hangs, the mouse and keyboards do not take the input, then switch off the design from the power button.
- Once on again, navigate toward “Start” and shut it down
- When done, reboot your computer after taking a short break
- Now, access the QB application and check if the problem persists
Method 4: Alter the Extensions .TLG and . ND Files
- Navigate the company files .TLG and . ND files
- When done, right-click and navigate “Rename.”
- Now, add.OLD at the end of their names. Doing this will make create a new file which will be error-free
- Again, launch the QB application and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 5: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop
- Hold the Ctrl key of your keyboard and simultaneously open the QB desktop app.
- Keep holding the Ctrl until the “New Company Open” window is not opened
- Once opened, choose the company file according to the need
- Next, press and hold the Alt on your keyboard and select the “Open” tab
- Once the dialog box prompting your username and password appears, release the key from the keyboard and input the information
- Again, press and hold the Alt key until the company file is opened completely
Method 6: Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Navigate towards the “File” tab and choose the “Utilities” option
- Select the “Verify Data” tab
- Launch and run it
- It will detect the errors in the app; once done, locate “File” and go to “Utilities” again.
- Launch and run the rebuild data utility tool, which will troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop 2023
Method 7: Clone Company Files to the Desktop
- Create a new folder on the desktop
- Go to the current location of the company files
- Create a clone of those files and navigate toward the new folder created, and “Paste.”
- Hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Once the “No Company Open” window appears, release the key
- Select the “Open or Restore an Existing Company”
- Click on “Next” once the company file opens
- Once done, navigate to the new folder to open it
Read also: Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15106
Method 8: Repair the QB Desktop
- Navigate towards the “Control Panel” and choose the “Programs and Features” option
- Locate the “Uninstall/Change the Application”
- Locate the QB desktop and select it
- Then, choose “Uninstall/ Change.”
- Next, click the “Repair” tab and let the program resolve the problem.
- Once done, reboot the system.
Method 9: Clean and Install
Uninstalling QB Desktop
- Locate the “Control Panel” of the computer and select the “Programs and Features” tab
- Select QB application from the list of programs
- Navigate toward the “Uninstall/Modify” tab
- Choose “Uninstall” and hit “OK.”
Download Clean Install Tool
- Download the Clean Install Tool from the official website
- Follow the prompt instructions as guided
- Let the application run; it will detect the problem itself and fix QuickBooks desktop 2023
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks installation file
- Store it in an easily accessible location
- Select the “QuickBooks.exe” file
- Follow the guided prompts
- Enter the asked important information like license, service keys, etc.
- Agree to the terms and conditions asked
- Now open the QuickBooks application again and check if the problem persists.
Method 10: Remove Antivirus
If antivirus software or other external programs are causing QuickBooks to crash, it is recommended that they be disabled. Anti-virus software may flag some QuickBooks updates or patch releases as malicious software. Their removal follows this before being used. To disable the antivirus, navigate to the settings menu.
Method 11: Remove the Windows Firewall from QB
- Go to the “Start” menu or “Task Manager.”
- Search for “Windows Firewall” and choose “OK.”
- Click Settings.
- From the pane in the left pane, turn “Windows Firewall” on/off.
- Now, disabled for public and private networks.
- Once done, restart the computer and launch QB to see whether it crashes.
Method 12: Do SFC and DISM Scans
- Initiate by navigating the “Start” menu and entering the input “cmd” for Command Prompt.
- Ensure to do this by running the computer as an administrator
- When the command prompt opens, input SFC/Scannow after C:\windows\system32>
- Wait for the scan and launch of the QB application again to ensure the problem is finished.
This comprehensive explanation of the QuickBooks desktop 2023 should help resolve the issue. Unfortunately, this blunder is possible for any of the causes mentioned above. However, the mistake can be fixed if you follow the troubleshooting procedures and techniques appropriately. Also, you connect with the QuickBooks support team.