Quickbooks enterprise installation shall be a mere cakewalk after following this article.
QuickBooks Enterprise is advanced accounting software that assists millions of business owners and accountants in managing their work efficiently with less effort. If you are an existing QuickBooks user and upgrading to QuickBooks Enterprise, you should be already aware of its usefulness. QuickBooks Enterprise is designed to meet the needs of larger businesses and offers advanced tools for financial management, reporting, and inventory tracking. This write-up will discuss the procedure to install QuickBooks Enterprise for the first time. Keep read on..!
Points to Consider Before Installing Quickbooks Enterprise
Before you perform the steps for installing the software, make sure to go through the pointers listed below:
- Ascertain that when installing and configuring QuickBooks enterprise accounting software, you do have the system’s admin authority.
- To avoid messing up with things, you should have a good knowledge of the company’s financials and also learn the process of setting up the company files.
- Back up all the company data from the previous software.
- If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise in multi-user mode, then test the network bandwidth.
- Confirm that the network connection is smooth to use the enterprise on every workstation.
- You should also configure the firewall for QuickBooks enterprise installation.
- Check the system requirements for running QuickBooks enterprise.
You may also like: Install Multiple QuickBooks Desktop Versions on one computer
Installation and Set-up of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (Getting Started)
Read on to learn how you can install and set up QuickBooks Enterprise. The process of QuickBooks enterprise installation will seem to be extremely convenient and lucid if you adhere to these steps.
- Test your network for security.
- Install QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Now, set up multiple-user hosting.
- Configure Enterprise for your Company
Step 1: Test Network for Security
The initial prerequisite for implementing a successful Quickbooks enterprise installation is to have basic knowledge of networking, file sharing, etc. Make sure you create a backup of your company file and other records from your last accounting tool before starting the installation process. There are multiple options through which you can set up your network. We are describing three of the safest options here.
Option 1: Central Server Option
Use this option to install for installing QuickBooks database manager, which also stores company files.
Option 2: Peer-to-Peer Option
This option will install QuickBooks Enterprise on every workstation. In this installation option, one system stores the company file, and others access the same on the network.
Option 3: Remote Desktop Services Option
This option installs QuickBooks Enterprise on a central server. Unlike the other options, Remote Desktop Service doesn’t install QuickBooks on workstations. Rather, Remote Desktop Service accesses the application and the company file.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
When going for QuickBooks Enterprise installation, ensure that the same version of Enterprise is installed on all computers. You can follow the below instructions to install QuickBooks Enterprise on the server:
- Close all open and running (including anti-virus) programs.
- Double-tap on the QuickBooks Enterprise downloaded file.
- Follow the prompts o the screen until you see the “choose installation type” window.
- When you receive three options, choose any.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation is complete.
You need to decide the type of installation that suits your need. There are two options available for installing QuickBooks: Express or Custom and Network.
Option 1: Express install
It is recommended if you are a first-time user, reinstalling QuickBooks, or going to use QuickBooks on just one particular system. To carry out express installation, follow the steps below:
- First of all, opt for the Express option and then hit Next.
- The next step is to hit on Install.
- And then launch QuickBooks when the process ends.
Option 2: Custom and Network Install
This type of QuickBooks enterprise installation is recommended if you are installing QuickBooks somewhere other than the default location. It can also be used when hosting the company files on a server, or if you are setting up a multi-user network. To carry out custom or network installation, follow the steps below:
- First of all, hit on the custom and network options, and hit Next.
- After that, choose the option that describes how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- The next step is to tap on the option to change the install location.
- Moving ahead, hit on the browse option to decide where to put the QuickBooks folder.
- Then, hit on next, to begin with the QuickBooks enterprise installation process.
- The last step requires you to hit on open QuickBooks.
After the installation process is complete, you should configure the QuickBooks database server manager. You can then access the company file stored on the server.
You can read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Scan Manager Could not Be Selected Error?
Step 3: Setup multi-user hosting
Just one system can host multi-user access in multi-user hosting. You don’t have to enable multi-user hosting on the server if you have already installed the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Ensure that in the Peer-to-Peer option – multi-user hosting should be “ON” on the server and “OFF” on your PC.
- In the Remote desktop server, multi-user hosting should be “ON” on the server and not applicable on the computer.
- In the Central server, multi-user hosting should be “ON” on the server and “OFF” on your PC.
Verify if multi-user hosting is enabled on the server:
- Access QuickBooks desktop enterprise on the server.
- Hit on the “File” menu and then visit the “Utilities” section.
- Verify that “Stop Hosting Multi-Access” is displayed in the “Utilities“.
If it’s displayed, follow the below steps:
- Tap on “Host Multi-Access”.
- Hit “Yes” upon being asked to confirm starting multi-user access.
- If asked to close and reopen the company file, hit on “Yes“.
Step 4: Setting up the Company file and import the existing data
Ensure to work with a financial professional or admin. They will set up the company file, add users, and know what areas of QuickBooks those users can access.
Activating QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Once you are done with installing QuickBooks desktop, then activate it by using the steps below:
- Initially, launch QuickBooks.
- Hit on the activate QuickBooks desktop from the help menu.
- Verify the info by performing the steps that appear on the screen.
Create a company file
You can create a company file that will store all the QuickBooks data. In case you are converting data from another software package, then double-check the company file after the conversion so as to ensure all the financial information is imported to the enterprise. You can choose any of the below options, as per your requirements, and choose the one that suits you the best.
- Converting from Quicken
- Starting from scratch
- Converting from Peachtree
Once you are able to create a company file, you simply have to scan it.
Step 5: Configure QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Follow the onscreen instructions and then hit on the Start working button.
Quick Start Center: Quick Start Center is used for creating invoices, checks and bills, sales receipts, and more. It will also assist you in viewing customer and vendor account balances.
Review your Chart of Accounts: QuickBooks accounting software created a chart of accounts based on your business at the time of the setup process. Now you can review it and check it. After that, you can edit what you want with ease.
Payroll: If you subscribe to QuickBooks Payroll, you will have to add year-to-date payroll details. If you don’t do that, your payroll tax information may be inaccurate.
Backup your company file: Backup company file is perhaps the best online service for QuickBooks users. A part of the active subscription, this service is very safe and easy to use.
We hope you are able to Install QuickBooks desktop enterprise for the first time following the above-mentioned steps. If you need any doubt or need assistance, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks Support team. Our team of experts will get to the root cause of this issue and solve the error.