QuickBooks has emerged as a leading accounting program of the current era. The functions it performs are far-reaching and sprawl all the segments of accountancy and bookkeeping. This program allows seamless banking operations. However, some users have been marred by bank errors, especially when using QuickBooks Online and Self-Employed.
One such error is QuickBooks Banking Error 108, a banking error that pops up when users try to gain login to their QuickBooks Online account. This technical snag prevents users from processing any further in QuickBooks Online. This article shall brief users with a wide range of assorted troubleshooting remedies to troubleshoot this error. Thus, keep reading ahead.!
What does QuickBooks Error code 108 mean?
This error indicates an issue which prevents the user from processing his/her banking operations in QuickBooks. This can be incited by the bank and its emergence on the screen completely blocks the connectivity of bank server with QuickBooks.
What May Causes QuickBooks Error 108?
Before venturing onto the multiple troubleshooting solutions for effective resolution of Error 108 in QuickBooks, users should first get an insight into the various causes behind this error.
- Pop-up blockers might be the main source of Error 108.
- The server between the bank and QuickBooks Online might be broken for various reasons, primarily because of back-end server maintenance going on at the bank end.
- If the login credentials you provided for your bank account in QuickBooks Online are incorrect or outdated.
- The user might be typing incorrect credentials for logging into QuickBooks Online.
- The firewall might be causing disruptions into the server.
- QuickBooks Online requires a stable internet connection to connect to your bank account. If your internet connection is unstable or intermittent.
- If your browser is not configured correctly or has outdated settings or plugins, it can cause issues with the connection between QuickBooks Online and your bank account.
Read also: Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102
Different Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 108
Go through the following solution methods in order to rectify the QuickBooks Bank Error Code 108.
Solution 1: Turning off the Pop-Ups Blockers in the Browser
- Users should access the settings of their browser used to access QuickBooks Online.
- Therein, they should Disable all the pop-up blockers.
- Users should also delete all the junk files, including the temp files and cookies.
- Once all the foregoing steps are implemented, users should restart the browser and log in to QuickBooks online once again.
- Retry the previous operation that led to QuickBooks Online 108 error, and if the error gets repeated, then jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Try Logging Into the Bank Account via Internet Banking
An easy approach to do that is to try opening the bank website manually through the browser.
- Initially, open the web browser.
- Next, type the URL of the bank to visit the official website of the bank.
- Following that, the user is supposed to click on the login page and type the correct credentials to log into the internet banking account.
- If the account gets logged in without any hindrance, then users are required to head to the next troubleshooting approach.
See also: Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 105
Solution 3: Run System File Checker
Users should try the System file checker tool to fix the QuickBooks Banking Error 108. The following are the steps to run the system file checker:
- Press the Windows button and type Command.
- Once users see the Command prompt icon, they need to click on that to access the command prompt window.
- Now, within the window, type the command SFC/scannow and, following that, hit the Enter key.
- The system tool checker will commence the scan.
- Once the process is finished, try logging into QuickBooks Online once again.
Solution 4: Update Windows
On some occasions, Error 108 may evoke in QuickBooks Online due to certain outdated network features of Windows. Considering the technical complexities of Windows, identifying such out-to-date features is an ardent task. As such, users should update the Windows OS.
The steps to set the latest updates of Windows on the system are given as under:
- To begin with, users should hit the Windows key, on the keyboard.
- The start menu will show up. Herein, users are required to type ‘update.’
- Now, hit a click on Windows Update opt.
- In the next step, click on Check for Updates option.
- Now checkmark all the updates pertaining to Windows components and network-related updates.
- Once done, commence the process of downloading the updates.
- The updates will automatically start installing on the system.
Read also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code OL-301
Solution 5: Update Transactions
If users are facing this error after logging into QuickBooks Online, then it is advisable to get the bank transactions updated, the steps for which are as under:
- Navigate to QuickBooks Online and type in the correct credentials to login.
- After that, click on the Bookkeeping option.
- Now, hit on the Transactions option.
- Then click on the Bank Transactions option.
- The final step is to hit on the Update option.
Solution 6: Inspect for any common issues
The major cause of the bank errors is generally associated with certain issues with the bank’s server or the company of the credit card. To get this clarified users should make a visit to the Bank feed status page, and therein, double-check if the issue is being listed. If it is, it infers some issue from the Bank’s side. Contacting your bank or the credit card company is recommended in such cases. Furthermore, try out the subsequent measures listed below.
Check this also: How to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Solution 7: Turning off the firewall and antivirus while performing banking operations
The firewall or other security programs like the antivirus can be a major source of QuickBooks banking error code 108. To rule out any possible obstructions caused by these security programs, these should be disabled in the meantime while performing the Banking tasks in QuickBooks. To accomplish this, right-click the Antivirus tab. Follow up by making a choice to temporarily disable the antivirus. Do the same with the firewall protection as well. If all goes well and upon culminating the banking operations, the user can once again turn on these programs.
Solution 8: Deleting browser cache
Most of the Banking errors in QuickBooks Online are caused by over-accumulation of the cache files and the temporary files. To get these thwarted, the steps are:
- Open the Browser first, and then visit the Browser settings.
- Therein, choose the option to Clear Browsing Data.
- Herein, make a choice for All Time in the time range, and then get the cache and the temporary files removed.
Read it Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 5510?
By implementing the foregoing measures, fixing banking Error 108 in QuickBooks should be a cakewalk for users. If users get into any technical trouble while performing the steps, they should get connected with our QuickBooks online error support team at the helpline 1(800) 615 2347.