Learn the process to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12002 when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates:
Encountered QuickBooks error code 12002, and don’t know what to do? Well, in the recent times many users have reported this issue and they find it quite troublesome. This type of error could be seen when the QuickBooks can’t utilize the internet connection on the PC. The reason behind this error can be the applications present on the system. The applications present on the PC might interfere in between the download of the QuickBooks software. There can be other possibilities as well, which include general internet issues, and also when the web explorer is not selected as the default program or checkbox of SSL.
There can be other valid aspects to the QuickBooks update error 12002, to unleash those aspects one can go through the article till the end. Or another option for the same can be to reach out to some certified professional.
What triggers to QuickBooks error code 12002?
- This error can be caused due to the network timeout.
- Also, in case the SSL settings are incorrect, then this type of error could be seen.
- Poor internet connection might also lead to QuickBooks Error code 12002.
- If the firewall or internet security program interrupts the internet connection, this error might arise.
- And the list goes on………….
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
Methods to resolve QuickBooks error code 12002
Well, if you want to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002, then you might implement more than one option. This error can be fixed by following any of the methods listed below. Let us have a look at the methods one by one:
Method 1: Verify the Internet Explorer settings
- To begin with, close the QuickBooks software and then open the Internet Explorer.
- Once done with that, you are required to hit the tools option and then opt for the Internet option respectively.
- Next step in the process is to opt for the security tab and then make sure that the security setting for the zone is no higher than Medium high, followed by hit the Globe icon.
- Moving ahead, you are supposed to opt for the Content tab and then make sure that the tab for content advisor is switched to enable.
- In case the button is switched to disable, then you are is required to click the button and then type the password and also disable the content advisor.
- The next step is to click on the Connections tab.
- Opt for the Never dial a connection, in case you don’t use the dial-up node on the system.
- Also, ensure that the ideal ISP is selected. Along with that, hit Ok, if you use dial-up node.
- Moving ahead, at the bottom of the tab, you are required to click on the LAN SETTINGS button. Make sure that the checkbox for automatically detect settings is checked.
- Verify the use a proxy server option is checked.
- Also, document the complete address and port, at the time when use a proxy server is check marked.
- Now, use a proxy, if the port is port 80, then uncheck the same option for testing purposes, in case the port is other then the mentioned one, the DO NOT UNCHECK.
- Now, hit on Ok button on the LAN Settings.
- The next step in the process is to opt for the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Restore Advanced settings option.
- Scroll to the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Once done with that, check mark the Use TLS 1.0 under the settings option.
- Moving ahead, ensure that the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 aren’t checked.
- Now, in order to close the Internet Options window, hit Ok.
- And also, close the Internet Explorer and also reboot the system.
- And the final step is to open QuickBooks and try to update the same once again.
Method 2: Authenticate the internet connection
- The very first step in this process is to open QuickBooks.
- Opt for the Help option, followed by clicking on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Moving ahead, check whether the internet is connected to the system’s internet connection or not.
- Go for the next option along with done.
- Authenticate the error 12002 QuickBooks is settled or not.
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks
- Visit the Help option and then tap on the internet connection setup option.
- Once done with that, select the Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Next step is to click on the Next option.
- Followed by updating QuickBooks desktop again.
Method 4: Check security settings
In case none of the solutions above helped you to rectify the error, then you need to check if any other application is preventing the download. Simply configure the internet security, personal firewall, and also the parental control application for QuickBooks desktop updates, tax table updates, and windows firewall. Performing security settings check might help you to resolve this error.
Method 5: Reset Update settings
- The first step in this method is to opt for the Update now tab.
- Select the Reset Update Checkbox, followed by get updates option.
- In case the update isn’t successful, then carry out the steps below:
- Firstly, choose the restore advanced settings option.
- Look for the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2.
- Finally, validate the Use TLS 1.0 is checked or not and also the others remained unchecked.
Method 6: Install/Uninstall QuickBooks in selective startup mode
Step 1: Starting the system in selective startup mode.
- Press windows + R keys to open the run command box.
- Type msconfig and choose ok tab.
- Head to general tab.
- Choose selective startup.
- Click on services tab and choose hide all Microsoft services.
- Choose disable all.
- Uncheck the checkbox for hide all Microsoft services.
- Check and ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected from the list of services and choose ok tab.
- Reboot on the system configuration window.
Step 2: Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop.
Step 3: Switch to normal startup mode
- Press Windows + R keys to open run command box.
- Type in msconfig and choose OK tab.
- Choose general tab and click on normal startup.
- Choose OK tab.
- Reboot the system configuration window.
You may like also: How to Repair QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
Method 7: Updating the chrome browser
- This method requires you to open chrome on the system.
- Furthermore, click on more tab.
- Click on the update google chrome option.
- You need to wait for a few seconds to update the browser.
- Click on relaunch tab.
- If you aren’t able to find the update option, then you might be using the latest version of chrome.
Tackling the QuickBooks error code 12002 can be a daunting task for many users. This error could put the entire processing of QuickBooks to halt, which makes it important to rectify this error as soon as possible. In this blog post, we have tried to mention all possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 12002 issue. In case you are unable to fix the issue even after tackling the issue even after following all the methods listed above, then getting in touch with an expert might work as a savior.
You can also make a call using our support helpline number, and speak to our QuickBooks payroll error support team. Our team of certified professionals will ensure to resolve your issues in no time. Thus, feel free to call us whenever required. We would be happy to help you!