Technical bugs can be very annoying, and when it comes to QuickBooks accounting software, there can be certain errors that might trouble you. One of the common errors you may come across is the QuickBooks update error 12045. Well, this error is an update error that can be seen due to a slow internet connection. This error code is seen when you try to update the latest version of QuickBooks.
You might come across this problem when trying to update the latest version of QuickBooks. This error appears with an error message that states the following message:
|Error Message:||Error 12045: Failed to download the update|
To get in-depth information related to QuickBooks error 12045, make sure to stick around the segment till the end. We shall apprise you of the causes behind the error and the various methods that contribute to this snag.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error Code 12045
As we mentioned earlier, this error can be triggered due to a couple of factors. These factors include the following:
- One of the major reasons behind the error can be if the date and time settings are incorrect on your system.
- Another reason for the same can be due to multiple desktop versions installed in the software.
- If there is damage to the updated company file.
- If your software is unable to link with the Intuit server.
- Also, just in case the internet settings aren’t proper.
You may also see: Methods to Combine Reports from two or More Company Data Files
Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 12045
You can try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 12045 by performing the below set of steps and procedures.
Method 1: Configure The Firewall Settings of The PC
You can perform the below steps, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks error 12045. The steps to configure the firewall settings of the PC are as follows:
- Kick start the process by searching for the QuickBooks database server manager in your system.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks database server manager to open it.
- And also choose the port monitor
- Furthermore, save the port number of the version of the QuickBooks software installed on your system.
- You need to then open the Windows firewall.
- Follow it up by accessing the Windows firewall and heading to the advanced settings.
- Opt for the inbound rules and also pick the new rule.
- Choose the port option.
- Ensure that the TCP is enabled.
- Furthermore, mark the specific local ports and type in the port number in the box.
- Afterward, hit the next tab.
- Opt for the allow the connection tab.
- Hit a click on the Next tab and assign a new name to the rule.
For outbound rules, perform similar steps.
Method 2: Check the Settings of The Internet Connection
In case the first method failed to be of any assistance to you, then, in that case, you can perform the steps to check the settings of the internet connection.
- At the first, launch the QuickBooks software.
- Subsequently, move to the help section and choose the internet connection setup.
- Opt for Use my computer’s internet connection settings option to establish a connection once this application accesses the internet.
- Following that, choose the next tab.
- Head to the advanced connection settings and opt for the restore advanced settings.
- Now, hit on the OK tab.
- And also reboot the QuickBooks and update it again.
Method 3: Rectify the Date and Time on Your PC to Fix QuickBooks Error 12045
- In this process, you would have to right-click on the clock on the desktop.
- After doing that, choose the adjust time/date option.
- Hit a click on change date and time.
- Also, add the correct date and time and hit the ok tab.
- Reboot the system and QuickBooks desktop.
- Lastly, Update QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Delete any Other Installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
Just in case you have installed the same version of QuickBooks twice on your system, then in that case it might end up in an update error. You would have to delete another copy of QuickBooks. This error can be instigated due to this reason, which can be resolved by deleting the other installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
That was all you need to know about QuickBooks error code 12045. As always, if you have any queries, comments, or concerns, call us immediately. Our QuickBooks desktop technical support team will be happy to assist you. Ranging from minute technical difficulties or major intricacies, our technical team can solve it all. So, without any hesitation, give us a call at 1-800-615-2347.