Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152:
With the launch of QuickBooks, many small and medium-sized businesses have been benefited. In fact, this accounting software has changed the way accounting is done. Even many complicated tasks like bookkeeping, payroll and filing of taxes have become easier than before. What’s best is that QuickBooks is continuously evolving as every year Intuit launches new updates consisting of new and improved features.
Even though the software has made remarkable strides with the passage of time, users do face glitches and technical errors often affecting their performances. But most of these issues can be fixed easily and if users feel stuck then they can always seek assistance from our support service providers. A common error reported by users recently is the QuickBooks Payroll update error 12152 which generally occurs when there is some issue with the internet settings. Poor or incorrect settings can stop the software from connecting with the servers. In this article, we will in detail discuss this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
Before heading towards the various ways of fixing error 12152 in QuickBooks, let us first go through the causes that lead to this error.
- QuickBooks is not able to read/write the license data.
- Windows API keys may not be functioning properly.
- The error may occur if you are still using an older version of QuickBooks.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks also leads to “Error 12152”.
- Any malware or virus invasion can cause this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
Having gone through the various causes, you must be wondering what signs would indicate the intrusion of this error into QuickBooks. Some of the most common symptoms that a user may face are given below:
- Your system might crash down while running an active program window.
- Your computer starts hanging and reacts sluggishly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Error 12152 gets displayed on the screen of your computer.
- Your system freezes periodically.
You may see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212?
Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
Get the quickest ways to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 12002 while downloading latest updates:
1st Solution: Verify Your Internet Settings
- The first step that you need to take is to Verify the settings of your Internet Connection.
- Once done with that, hit on the Windows Start menu and type ‘Control’ within the Search bar.
- Now, hit on Internet Settings once the Control Panel window will open.
- Once done, hit on the Advanced option.
- Lastly, opt for Advanced reset. Once accomplished, head to QuickBooks and inspect if the error 12152 got fixed.
2nd Solution: Verify if the Date and Time are Correct
- The first thing you have to do is view the toolbar and check if the Date and Time are correctly set.
- In case they are incorrect, opt for the Adjust date/time option and then Correct the time and date by hitting on the Change Date and time tab. Once that has been done, make an exit from the Date and Time window and check if the time and date show up correctly now.
- Once done, restart your system and check whether the error 12152 still exists or got completely resolved.
3rd Solution: Opt for System Restore
- Initially, Login as an Admin to your system.
- After that, hit on the Windows Start menu.
- And then proceed to the All Programs and then System Restore.
- Now, you will come across a new window wherein you are required to choose to Restore my computer to an earlier time.
- Once done you have to hit the Next button.
- After that, pick the Latest System Restore Point and then click on the Next tab.
- Thereafter, a confirmation window will display and again you have to click on Next tab.
- Once the process is successfully completed then try to reboot your computer and then verify if the error is resolved or not.
4th Solution: Use the Registry Editor
- In the beginning, hit on the Windows Start button.
- Then, type ‘Command’ in the Search field.
- Now, hit on the Ctrl + Shift keys simultaneously followed by hitting on the Enter key.
- You will now get a User Dialog box displayed on your Windows screen and then hit on Yes.
- After that, a black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- And now you have to type ‘Regedit’ followed by hitting Enter key.
- Once done, the next step is to choose the keyword related to QuickBooks Error 12152 within the Registry Editor just like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- Now, proceed to the File menu and pick the option Export.
- After that, store the IE backup key or Google Chrome in your folder.
- Provide a name to the created folder.
- Now ensure that you choose the selected Branch.
- Once you are done with the above steps then hit on the Save tab.
Finally, in order to complete the process, verify the file has been saved with the .reg file.
5th Solution: Uninstall & Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Software
If none of the foregoing solutions provide respite against the QuickBooks error code 12152, it is recommended that you opt for a fresh installation of the QuickBooks software. Just follow the brief procedure given below:
- You are initially required to uninstall the QuickBooks software from the Control Panel. For this purpose, visit the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Afterward, head to Programs and features. Choose QuickBooks from the list and hit on Uninstall.
- Once the software has been cleared from your system, reinstall it using the license and product keys.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks software and check to see if the error 12152 got rectified.
In case QuickBooks Payroll update 12152 still persists then in that case you should seek assistance from the QuickBooks error support team by dialing 1-800-615-2347 that are available all through the day.
Our team is always available to hear your queries and get them resolved on a timely basis. So, without hesitating, get on a call with our technical support team and allow us to get your QuickBooks error sorted out.