Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152:
With the launch of QuickBooks, many small and medium-sized businesses have been benefited. In fact, this application has changed the way accounting is done. Even many complicated tasks like bookkeeping, payroll and filing of taxes have become easier than before. What’s best is that QuickBooks is continuously evolving as every year Intuit launches new updates consisting of new and improved features.
Even though the software has made operations easier, users do face glitches and errors often affecting their performances. But most of these issues can be fixed easily and if users feel stuck then they can always seek assistance from the support service providers. A common error reported by users recently is the QuickBooks Payroll update error 12152 which generally occurs when there is some issue with the internet settings. Poor or incorrect settings can stop the software from connecting with the servers. In this article we will in detail discuss about this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152
- QuickBooks is not able to read/write the license data.
- Windows API keys may not be functioning properly.
- The error may occur if you are still using an older version of QuickBooks.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks also leads to “Error 12152”.
- Any malware or virus invasion can cause this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152
- Your system might crash down while running an active program window.
- Your computer starts hanging and reacts sluggishly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Error 12152 gets displayed on the screen of your computer.
- Your system freezes periodically.
You may see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212?
Solution to QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152
Get the quickest ways to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 12002 while downloading latest updates:
Solution 1: Verify the Internet Settings
- The first thing to do is to verify the setting of your Internet Connection.
- After that, click on the Windows Start menu and type Control Panel within the search bar.
- Now, click on the option called Internet Settings when the Control Panel window will open.
- Once done click on Advanced option.
- Lastly click the option named “Advanced reset”.
Solution 2: Check the settings of the date and time
- The first thing you have to do is check your system settings whether the date and time are correct or not.
- In case the settings are not correct then you have to move to the Settings window and make modification or change the date and time with the appropriate one.
- Once done, restart your system and check whether the error 12152 still exists or it is completely resolved.
Solution 3: Restore the System
- The very first step is to login as an Admin to your system.
- After that press on the Windows Start menu.
- And then go to the All Programs and then System Restore.
- Now, you will come across a new window and then you have to choose the option called “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- Once done you have to hit the Next button.
- After that, pick the latest System Restore Point and then click on the Next tab.
- Thereafter, a confirmation window will display and again you have to click on Next tab.
- Once the process is successfully completed then try to reboot your computer and then verify if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Fix the error code 12152 using registry editor
- The first thing to do is press the Windows Start button from your console.
- Then type the command in the search field.
- Now you have to press the key together Ctrl + Shift keys simultaneously followed by Enter key.
- You will now get a User Dialog box displayed on your Windows screen and then you have to hit Yes.
- After that a black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- And now you have to type Regedit followed by hitting Enter key.
- Once done, the next step is to choose the keyword related to QuickBooks Error 12152 within the Registry Editor just like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- Now Go to the File menu and pick the option Export.
- After that you have to store the IE backup key or Google Chrome in your folder.
- Give a name to the created folder.
- Now ensure that you choose the selected branch.
- Once you are done with the above steps then click on the Save tab.
Finally in order to complete the process, verify the file has been saved with .reg file.
In case QuickBooks Payroll update error 12152 still persists then in that case you should seek assistance from the QuickBooks error support team by dialing 1-800-615-2347 that are available all through the day.