Are you facing QuickBooks error 12157 and unable to come up with any effective solution? Well, this is a pretty common error that majority of you might be facing. The QuickBooks payroll update error 12157 is a part of error 12000 series error, which can be seen due to web connectivity problems in the windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or also known as WinInetAPI. It should be noted that the QuickBooks desktop makes use of API to run Internet protocols easily, mainly FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. You might come across this sort of issue, when downloading or setting up updates with the software. Furthermore, as a consequence of this error, you might be unable to complete updates and also you might face problems for the present version as future updates do not come to the system.
Well, if you are facing the similar technical snag, and bumped into the error message related to the QuickBooks error 12157, then sticking to this particular segment will surely assist you. We recommend you stay tuned to this segment till the end and carefully unleash the triggers and effective solutions, you can implement to shun off this particular error successfully.
What factors instigate the QuickBooks update error 12157?
As we stated earlier, the QuickBooks error 12157 can be instigated due to the following factors, which include:
- One of the major factors behind the occurrence of such an error can be, just in case the date and time is not configured correctly.
- If there is any restrictive setting of firewall or internet security applications.
- If the system has multiple QuickBooks installed.
- You might also face this sort of snag if the internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software.
You may like also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0?
Methods you need to rectify the QuickBooks error 12157
The best part about QuickBooks software is that any errors that are seen in this software can be resolved with much ease, use some unique set of steps. You can perform the below stated set of steps, so as to get rid of the error code 12157 permanently. Let us explore each of the set of steps one by one:
Method 1: Restoring the system
The first method you need to opt for is to restore the system. Herein, you are supposed to perform the steps listed below:
- At first you would have to click on to the start the system option.
- You further need to log in as the system admin.
- And press start to catch and click on to all applications, accessories, computer tools, and later on hit the system repair tool.
- You are further required to click on restore point and after that hit next tab, and also choose the advanced system to restore the point.
- Hit a click on next tab and also on the confirmation window.
- Lastly you need to reboot the system.
Method 2: Add QuickBooks and its additional processes to the exception of firewall
There can be situation when the firewall or internet security settings aren’t configured in a proper manner, then in that case you would have to ensure that the ports 80 and 443 are active. You are required to have the access of the following files:
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832?
Method 3: Change the internet connection settings
In certain situations, inappropriate internet connection settings might trigger this error. The steps to be performed to rectify this issue can be as follows:
- Start off with opening QuickBooks.
- You need to then visit the help menu.
- Furthermore, select the internet connection setup.
- Choose use my computer’s internet connection settings, so as to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- You are then supposed to click on to the next tab.
- And furthermore, navigate to the advanced tab.
- Next step involves selecting the restore advanced settings tab.
- Now you would have to hit ok tab and then press done.
Method 4: Reset the system’s date and time
One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of such an error can be the misconfigured date and time of the computer system. This can also be resolved using some set of steps. So as to rectify the issue by configuring the root cause, you are supposed to perform the below set of steps:
- You need to start off with visiting the clock on the right bottom of the system’s screen.
- The next step is to right click the mouse.
- You are further required to pick the adjust date and time option that would appear after you perform the steps stated above.
- Heading forward, you would have to specify or select the current date, along with the current time.
- Under this method, you would further have to close the screen. This can be done by hitting ok tab, once the date and time is configured to the current time.
- Once you are done with these steps, you need to close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- You further need to reopen the QuickBooks tab.
- Last, you are supposed to run the QuickBooks update again and observe whether issue is rectified in a proper manner.
Method 5: Restoring advanced settings
- Initially, one has to close QuickBooks desktop.
- Furthermore, open internet explorer.
- Later on, click on tools tab and from the drop-down choose internet options.
- Press advanced tab.
- Choose restore advanced settings tab and close the window and you are done.
That was all you need to learn about QuickBooks error code 12157. As always, in case you have any queries or concerns, feel free to contact us! However, if by any chance this error continues to trouble you, then do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks error support professionals and certified experts.