Facing the QuickBooks error code 1926 repeatedly may be pretty annoying. This error is often experienced due to insufficient permissions for specific folders. Besides the prime reason being related to permissions, several other reasons may provoke the error code 1926. Handling this error isn’t tricky if you read this article and adhere to the contents cautiously. This error is often witnessed with an error message that states:
|Warning||“You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored”.|
In case you are also facing the QuickBooks error code 1926 issue, then it is advised that you read this article till the end. However, if you are seeking professional help and want our experts to perform the resolving methods for you, then contacting our support team using our toll-free would solve the problem.
Principle factors driving the QuickBooks error code 1926
The below-stated disparate factors can cause the error code 1926 in QuickBooks. It becomes essential to go through the causes contributing to this error as they will give you an idea about the right resolving method to choose.
- You can experience this error if you are unable to access files due to insufficient permissions.
- If the QuickBooks file is saved in a secure area, like the root of drive C:/ or program files.
- If the file is stored in a password-protected area.
- Company file got damaged.
You may read also: How to Correct QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
Easy Processes to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1926
Performing the below-mentioned procedure can help you in fixing the QuickBooks error code 1926.
Process 1: Download the QuickBooks tool hub and run the QuickBooks file doctor
- First, you should download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that save the file to the system.
- Head to the downloads folder.
- Double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- You should carry out the on-screen prompts.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- End the process by opening the system and start the QuickBooks tools hub.
- Now, from the tool hub program, choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Next, choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. It can take up to one minute for the file doctor to open.
- In File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- After that choose the Browse option to search your file.
- Now, hit a check-mark beside the Check your file option and then hit on the Diagnose File tab.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and then hit on Next.
Process 2: Make a new folder for the company file
- The first step is to make a new folder.
- After that, right-click on the screen.
- Afterward, opt for the new folder.
- Once done with that ensure that the directory is the same as the others.
- Now, head to New folder.
- After that, choose paste from the right-hand menu.
- You should ensure that you Set up the folder permissions.
- And then, open the QuickBooks desktop
- Once done with that, choose File from the menu and then choose Open or restore a company from the drop-down menu.
- Also, head for the Next tab.
- Make a new folder and also choose the Company file.
- Lastly, open the file.
Process 3: Check for folder permissions
- You should initially start Microsoft word or notepad.
- Now, enter ‘Test’ in the text field
- After that, store the file in the same directory as the company file.
- Head to the Start menu
- Find the folder having the company file
- You should then head for the Properties tab
- And also choose the Sharing option from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to hit on the Share add icon.
- You should then choose the suitable QuickBooks data service user.
- After that hit the Full control option
- Conclude the process by hitting on the Share tab.
Process 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an admin
- Before you proceed, shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Next, hit on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, right-click the Icon.
- Follow it up by choosing the Properties tab from the Menu bar.
- Afterward, opt the Run this software as an admin from the Compatibility tab.
- Follow up by hitting on the Apply tab.
- Lastly, pick the OK tab.
Process 5: Transfer the company file to the default location
- At first, check that the QuickBooks program isn’t running.
- Search for the location where the company file is stored.
- Choose the Company file.
- Make sure that the QBW file extension is chosen.
- Afterward, right-click the Menu bar.
- Choose the Copy option. You can also hit on the file and then press the Ctrl + C buttons to copy.
- Now, return to the Default location.
- The last step requires you to right-click on the screen and hit on the Paste tab.
With this, we arrive at the conclusion of this article, where we hope that the information stated above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 1926 successfully. However, if there is any query, then contacting our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-615-2347 would be of much help.