You might be working with much concentration on your QuickBooks desktop, when suddenly QuickBooks payroll error 20102 might have popped-up on to your screen. This particular error basically indicates that the EIN is linked to another account and you have an active direct deposit already on the replica of EIN that is connected to some other account. To get a better insight into this particular error, then you simply need to scroll through the segment with much care.
More about QuickBooks error 20102
Talking about the QuickBooks payroll error 20102 might appear when you have an active DD on the employer identification number. This error might also come up on the screen when trying to link the EIN directly connected to different account. Another big fat reason behind this sort of issue can be incomplete installation of QuickBooks software. You can head further to find out the triggers and fixation steps to the QuickBooks payroll error 12012.
Read this also: How to address QuickBooks error code 17337?
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks payroll error 20102
There can be certain indications that would have help you to spot the QuickBooks payroll error 20102. These indications include the following:
- One of the major connections can be new program showing up and crashing.
- If the PC collapses with error 20102 now and again when running a similar program.
- You might continuously see an error message popping up on the screen.
- Also, if the PC begins to respond slowly and freezes for a quite while..
Triggers to QuickBooks payroll error 20102
There can be numerous reasons as a result of which you might be facing such an error. Here are some of the most common factors causing it:
- As a result of incomplete installation of QuickBooks, you might be facing such an error.
- Another trigger for the same can be any sort of virus or malware attack.
- You might also come across such an error if there is corruption in the windows registry.
Methods you need to follow to fix the QuickBooks error code 20102
You can perform any of the below methods, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks error 20102 successfully.
Method 1: Making use of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Herein you need to install the QuickBooks tool hub in the system.
- And choose the tool hub option and click on the company file issue.
- Furthermore, you need to select run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Choose check your file option and press continue tab.
- And select check your file option and hit continue tab.
- End the process by entering the login credentials and pressing enter tab.
See it also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6130?
Method 2: Repairing registry entries
- Under this method, you simply need to switch off the PC.
- And then write the command in the search bar.
- Further, you are required to select the command prompt and press control + Shift + Enter keys.
- The next step is to select yes tab.
- Where you will see a black box with blinking cursor.
- You are then required to enter regedit.
- And select all the keys associated with QuickBooks error.
- You then have to head to the file tab and choose export.
- Choose the folder where you wish to save the file.
- Go for a new title for the folder in the file name list.
- Select the selected branch and click on save.
- You will then get a QuickBooks backup file with reg extension name.
Last but not the least, you will be needed to repair and edit the registry entries.
Method 3: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- So as to reinstall QuickBooks, you are suggested to look for the add or remove program option.
- Choose the QuickBooks option.
- And then go for the uninstall tab.
- Next step would be to use the CD in order to install the latest version of QuickBooks.
- And you would have to pay heed to the on-screen prompts for opening QuickBooks.
- The end would be to check whether the error 20102 is still occurring or not.
That was all you need to know to fix the QuickBooks error 20102. As always, if you need any of our assistance, or for any queries, comments, or concerns, call us at 1-800-615-2347! Our certified accounting professionals and QuickBooks error support team are always ready to assist you and fix the errors for you in the least possible time. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you!