You might be working with utmost concentration on your QuickBooks desktop software when suddenly the QuickBooks payroll error 20102 popped up on your screen. This particular error basically indicates that the EIN is linked to another account and you have an active direct deposit already on the replica of the EIN that is connected to some other account. To get a better insight into this particular error, you simply need to scroll through the segment with much care.
For additional assistance on any query related to this error, feel free to call our Customer Support team. We shall make it sure that the error doesn’t trouble you any further. Nonetheless, let us proceed forward and learn about the various aspects surrounding the error code 20102 in QuickBooks accountancy software.
More About QuickBooks Error 20102
Throwing light on the QuickBooks payroll error 20102, this error might appear when you have an active DD on the employer identification number. It might also show up on the screen while trying to link the EIN directly connected to a different account. Another big reason behind this sort of issue can be an incomplete installation of QuickBooks software. You can head further to find out the triggers and fixation steps to this issue.
Read this also: How to address QuickBooks error code 17337?
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
There can be certain indications that can help you in spotting the QuickBooks payroll error 20102. These indications include the following:
- One of the major connections can be new program showing up and crashing.
- If the PC collapses with error 20102 now and again when running a similar program.
- You might continuously see an error message popping up on the screen.
- Also, if the PC begins to respond slowly and freezes for a quite while..
Triggers to QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
There can be numerous reasons as a result of which you might be facing such an error. Here are some of the most common factors causing it:
- As a result of incomplete installation of QuickBooks, you might be facing such an error.
- Another trigger for the same can be any sort of virus or malware attack.
- You might also come across such an error if there is corruption in the windows registry.
- Unintentional deletion of essential QB-related files.
Methods to Follow for Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 20102
You can perform any of the below methods, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks error 20102 successfully.
Method 1: Take the assistance of the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In the first step, you need to install the QuickBooks tool hub in the system.
- And choose the Tool hub option and hit on the Company file issue.
- Furthermore, you need to select run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Choose to Check your file option and tap on the Continue tab.
- And hit the Check your file option and then tap on the Continue tab.
- End the process by providing your Login credentials and hitting on the Enter tab.
See it also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6130?
Method 2: Repairing registry entries
- Under this method, you simply need to Switch off the PC.
- And then write the command in the Search bar.
- Further, you are required to select the Command prompt and press Control + Shift + Enter keys.
- The next step is to hit the Yes tab.
- Where you will see a black box with a Blinking cursor.
- You are then required to type in ‘Regedit.’
- And opt for all the keys associated with QuickBooks error.
- You then have to head to the File tab and choose Export.
- Choose the folder where you wish to Save the file.
- Go for a new title for the folder in the file name list.
- Select the selected Branch and click on Save.
- You will then get a QuickBooks backup file with the ‘.reg’ extension name.
Lastly, you will be needed to repair and edit the registry entries.
Method 3: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- So as to reinstall QuickBooks, you are suggested to look for the add or Remove program option.
- Choose the QuickBooks option.
- After doing that, head for the Uninstall tab.
- Next, use the CD to Install the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Make sure to pay keen attention to the on-screen prompts for opening QuickBooks.
- The concluding step requires you to check whether the QuickBooks error 20102 is still occurring or not.
We wrap up with the hope that the technical snag got fixed. If not, then we are always there to assist.
That was all you need to know to fix the QuickBooks error 20102. As always, if you need any of our assistance, or for any queries, comments, or concerns, connect with our support representatives today! Our certified accounting professionals and QuickBooks error support team are always ready to assist you and fix the errors for you in the least possible time. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you!