Crashed into QuickBooks error code 40001 and can’t find an ideal solution to troubleshoot it off? Well, we have got you covered. You might land into such an error when trying to update direct deposit or when updating payroll. Error 40001 can be seen with a warning message “Error code: 40001: Something’s not right. We’re unable to complete your request at the moment. Contact our support team for assistance.”
In order to solve the issue, you will have to ascertain that you are running as admin to confirm that the activation procedure will go through. This segment is going to brief you with the steps that are to be followed to successfully resolve the QuickBooks error code 40001. However, if you aren’t interested in performing the set of steps manually, then in that case connecting with our tech personnel using our support line would definitely work.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error 40001 and Fixes to Chuck It Off?
There can be a couple of factors leading to such an error and related measures that can be taken to chuck the issue from its root cause. Scroll down to get a better insight.
Cause 1: The Internet Explorer Browser is Not Set as the Default Browser on your PC
Fix: Setting the Internet Explorer/edge as the Default Browser
- Under this process, you simply have to launch Internet explorer and also hit on the Tools tab.
- Next, choose Internet options and move to the Programs tab.
- Heading forward, you simply need to head for the make default option and also opt for the Apply tab.
- Also, hit the OK tab to save the changes.
- After internet explorer is Set as the default internet browser, you need to try to Activate the direct deposit or Update the account info.
Cause 2: Corruption in The Company File can Trigger Issues Running or Activating Payroll as Payroll Data is Saved in the Company File
Fix 1: Diagnose and Repair Corruption in the Company Data
- This process demands running QuickBooks desktop and heading to the File tab, where you will find the utilities drop-down menu.
- Head to the Utilities tab and choose the verify data tab.
- The QuickBooks software will Start verifying the data for corruption.
- Just in case there is corruption in the data, the QuickBooks software will prompt you to Repair it.
- Hit a click on the Rebuild data option and once the data repair is complete, you need to retry performing the same process.
Fix 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Just in case the procedures listed above didn’t work in your case, then make sure to go through the below-stated steps:
- This method demands to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- Run the QuickBookstoolhub.exe file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- This will install the tool and when the Installation process ends, it will open up.
- You are then required to head to the Installation issues tab and also choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, wait till it repairs the QuickBooks desktop installation damage.
- Once the process ends, you need to launch QuickBooks and verify if the repair process fixes the issue.
Related Article: Resolve Balance Sheet Out of Balance Error in QuickBooks
Cause 3: QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll Tax Table are Missing the Latest Updates
Fix: Updating QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll Updates
- You need to run QuickBooks desktop as an admin and head to the Help tab.
- Furthermore, choose the Update QuickBooks desktop option, and when the Update QuickBooks windows pop up on the screen.
- You need to Get updates option and reboot QuickBooks when the update download process completes.
- Go for the Install updates tab and head to the Employees’ tab.
- Choose the Get payroll updates option from the drop-down menu and also opt for the Download latest updates option.
- After QuickBooks desktop and payroll have the latest updates, then you need to retry to Activate direct deposit to check if updating eliminates QuickBooks error 40001.
Cause 4: Not Using an Account With Admin Rights
Fix: Running QuickBooks with Admin Privileges
- Herein, if you aren’t the Network admin, then you will need to ask your admin for the Windows admin account credentials.
- Just in case you have the Admin account login credentials, you need to right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon and opt for the Run as admin option.
- When asked, you need to enter the required Login credentials and click on Enter tab.
- After the QuickBooks starts running with admin privileges, retry to Activate direct deposit or Send the updated account info to intuit.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12002?
Once you are done with the steps above, it is most probable that you will be able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 40001. On the contrary, if you continue to experience the same issue, then, in that case, connecting with our tech personnel using our QuickBooks error support number would definitely work.