QuickBooks users have been noticing several error codes in different instances. While some of them come up when the user tries to update QuickBooks, others appear when opening the company files. Although the target of these different errors is the company file, their causes and troubleshooting solutions are distinct.
QuickBooks error 6069 is a company file error in QuickBooks and its recurring occurrence when opening the file can put the entire accounting operation on hold. If you want to get this error fixed at the earliest, then follow the guidelines given in this blog.
Major causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6069
Before jumping onto the solutions for this error, it is judicious to first get an overlook of the various causes of this company file error. These include:
- The company file which you are trying to open is damaged.
- The previous QuickBooks installation was fraught with technical issues.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Issues existing in the Windows registry files.
- Bad sectors in the hard drive wherein the company files are saved.
- Firewall related issues.
Signs Indicating Error 6069 in QuickBooks desktop
Some of the conspicuous signs associated with this error are:
- The computer operates extremely slowly.
- The error message indicting Error 6069 appears while opening the company files in QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks and system will freeze.
Various Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6069 (A Company File Error)
Visit the current section carefully and perform the set of steps in the same order so as to fix this company file error 6069 in QuickBooks desktop.
Resolution 1: Verification of Company File Extension
The user should check whether the extension of the company file is .qbw. If the file has a different extension, the same needs to be modified as this could be a major cause of such error.
- As a first resort, visit the QuickBooks Company File folder.
- Now, search for the company file which is showing up the error message.
- Check if the file has the .qbw extension, and if the extension is any different, change it to .qbw.
- When done, restart QuickBooks and check if the company file opens without the appearance of such errors.
Resolution 2: Use the Disc Checker Tool
Users should run Chkdsk tool in the command prompt to fix any bad sectors in the disc. The procedure below should be of considerable help:
- At first, click on the Start menu.
- Type ‘cmd’, right-click on the icon and click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Within the command prompt, type in ‘’chkdsk’’ and hit the Enter key.
- The scan will start and it may take a considerable time depending on the occupied disc space.
- Once finished, restart the computer and then run QuickBooks to open the company file to see if the method could fix the ongoing error.
You may like also: How to Change QuickBooks Desktop License Number or Product Code?
Resolution 3: Incorporate QuickBooks in the trusted apps list in AVG
This error may also be observed while opening the company file if AVG has earmarked QuickBooks as a potential threat. The steps to add QB as a trusted website are:
- First, run AVG Antivirus and then go to Settings.
- Here, click on the Add Exceptions tab and then tap on the Exception section.
- Following that, go to the Exception type and then click on the File option.
- Now, choose Browse in the QuickBooks installation section.
- Here, look for the QuickBooks Utility file, and after choosing it, hit on OK tab.
- Finally, click on Yes to save the changes made.
Check Also: How to Import Customer List into QuickBooks Pro?
Resolution 4: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager can prove to be a viable tool for fixing the issues related to the Server. The steps to use the tool are:
- Hit on the Start menu and type ‘Database’.
- Now, click on the Database Server manager to start the program.
- If the same is not showing up, users are required to download and install the program from the official Intuit website.
- Upon launching the program, head to the Scan folders option.
- After that, click on Add folder.
- Now, pick the company file folder and then initiate the Scan process.
- Once the scan culminates, restart QuickBooks and open the company file again.
- This has proved to be an effective fix for users who open the file in the multi-user mode.
Resolution 5: Remove the Temp Files
Too many temp files could result in QB Error code 6069, and their removal is thus crucial. The steps to delete the temp files are:
- In the Start menu, open the Run window by using Windows + R keys together.
- Then, type %temp% in the box and then press Enter key.
- The next step is to choose all the files in the temp folder and delete them permanently by pressing Shift + Delete keys.
- Now, run QuickBooks and make another attempt to open the company file in QuickBooks.
Resolution 6: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
Another viable method to fix Error 6069 in QuickBooks desktop is by renaming the company file. The steps for the same are given below:
- Go to the Company file folder, and therein, look for the following files:
- Right-click each of the files and then hit on the Rename option.
- Get the files renamed and then reboot QuickBooks. Finally, open the company file in QuickBooks again to check the problem is resolved.
See also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 2107
Resolution 7: Run Intuit Sync Manager
The walkthrough to run the Sync manager is:
- First, launch Intuit Sync Manager.
- Subsequently, click on Options.
- Afterwards, choose the Show Details option.
- Now, right-click the company name and followed by that, click on the Company Information option.
- Verify that the path that has been specified is the correct one.
- Then, get the company file replaced with the original and try to open the company file in QuickBooks.
Resolution 8: Run QuickBooks File Doctor using tools hub program
Using the QuickBooks File Doctor can prove effective in the resolution of this problem. To use the tool for scanning the company file, perform the instructions:
- At first, type in the URL of Intuit website and visit the homepage. Now, shift to the Download page and from there download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Now, install the tool and launch it.
- Then, navigate to the Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool tab.
- Following that, browse for the company file and scan the file for any issues.
- When accomplished with the process, try opening the company file again in QuickBooks.
Check Also: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Data Error C=184?
Resolution 9: Allow QuickBooks Desktop in the AVG Firewall
Perform the below-given steps to permit QuickBooks in the AVG Firewall.
- Initially, run the AVG program.
- Then, click on the Firewall tab and from there, opt for the Applications tab.
- After that, choose QuickBooks in the AVG firewall software list.
- In case the status shows Block, change the same to Allow.
- In case QuickBooks isn’t appearing, opt for the Add button.
- Afterwards, go to the QuickBooks file in the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Choose Create, and then hit on Ok tab.
- Afterwards, hit on Yes.
- Now, run QuickBooks and then open the company file once again.
The troubleshooting solutions in this article should help users in fixing QuickBooks error message 6069. For assistance on assorted issues emanating in the QuickBooks program, users can reach out to our experts at the helpline number i.e., +1-800-615-2347. Our QuickBooks error support experts have answers to all your technical queries.