Here is how you can Resolve QuickBooks Error code C=272:
None of us like any sort of distraction or disturbance when working on the QuickBooks software, but the errors like C=272 often break the smooth working chain. The QuickBooks error code C=272 can be very confusing because in majority of the cases, it is not clear what the issue is and it might make troubleshooting and fixing a cumbersome process for you. You might come across such an error when running the QuickBooks verify data utility or rebuild data utility tool in the system. As we said earlier, it can delay the workflow and demands immediate troubleshooting.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about QuickBooks error code C=272 including what it is, how to find it and how to fix it. Reading this segment would definitely be of great assistance to you. Whereas, for technical assistance, you can connect with our tech professionals using our support line.
What is QuickBooks error code C=272?
One of the common issues faced by the users is QuickBooks error code C=272 when they try to run the QuickBooks verify Data Utility or Rebuild Data Utility tool in the system. This error disrupts the work process and also causes delays and that’s why it needs to be resolved at the earliest.
Error code: QuickBooks error code C=272
Quick solution: Disable windows compatibility for qbw32.exe file
Why QuickBooks error code C=272 occurs?
You can experience this error due to the following reasons:
- One of the major causes can be if there is any sort of data damage or if the QuickBooks software tries to move a report or report like data.
- Another reason can be if the verify or rebuild utility stumble upon a target but set that is outside of the anticipated range
- You can also experience similar issue when the 1099 and W2 forms are printed.
- Run a memorized report in the QuickBooks that was made in an earlier version and could not be converted properly.
You may also see: How to Rectify QuickBooks error code 6010 -100?
Steps to perform in order to fix QuickBooks error code C=272
You can perform the below stated set of steps to successfully deal with QuickBooks error code C=272.
Step 1: Opening QuickBooks sample company file
- You need to open the QuickBooks and press and hold CTRL key.
- When no company open window appears, then release CTRL key
- In case the error arises, then no company open window appears.
- Select the open a sample file in the no company open window.
- Click on the any of the sample files in the list
- The company file might be distorted/damaged if the sample company file opens without displaying the error.
- Go for verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data or restore the QuickBooks company file from the backup.
- In case the error appears when opening the company file.
Step 2: In QuickBooks, immobilize the windows compatibility mode through shortcut icons
- Go for the right click tab on QuickBooks shortcut icon on the windows desktop and go for the properties tab.
- Hit compatibility icon.
- You need to clear the checkbox run this program in compatibility mode.
- Hit OK tab and click on cancel icon.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0?
Step 3: You now have to disable the windows compatibility mode setting for QBW32.exe file
- You need to right click on QuickBooks icon.
- Go for properties tab.
- Open QuickBooks installation folder and go for shortcut icon and hit find target option.
- Right click on QBW32.exe and select the properties tab.
- Choose compatibility icon.
- Clear the checkbox run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click on OK tab and select cancel icon.
- Shutdown the windows explorer.
- Turn off the QuickBooks.
Step 4: Open QuickBooks and company file
- Open the QuickBooks software and ensure that the error is fixed.
Still unable to rectify the error?
In case scrolling through the segment didn’t work for you in fixing the QuickBooks error code C=272, then in that scenario, we are here for you. Get on a call with our tech personnel using our QuickBooks error support number and leave the rest on our accounting experts.