QuickBooks accounting software can be game-changing software for the majority of businesses. However, it comes with a major drawback, which is the error codes and warnings that the user might come across when working on this software. One such commonly witnessed error is the QuickBooks error C=9, which doesn’t allow QuickBooks to read substitute files during the operation. This error creates a complete disturbance while performing important tasks. Such an error can also damage the company files and copy the data file to another disk or drive. Therefore, its resolution seems pertinent.
To get a better insight into QuickBooks error message C=9, make sure to read this article till the end. This article encapsulates all the relevant and authentic information pertaining to the QuickBooks error C=9, However, in case of any query, you can talk to our professionals.
Causes Leading to The QuickBooks Error Code C=9
The following constitute the major causes that may incite the error code from intruding into the Quickbooks software.
- Using a damaged/scratched CD for installation the QuickBooks software.
- Unsuccessful installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Failure of the QuickBooks to read the auxiliary file.
Consequences of QuickBooks Error C=9
The following can be the consequences of this error. These consequences include:
- This problem can result in data damage.
- Also, in case there is any inability of QuickBooks to read from an auxiliary file at the operating system level.
You may also like: QuickBooks Component Repair Tool – Fix Installation Errors
Convenient Steps to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error C=9
The QuickBooks error C=9 can be resolved using the steps below. Let us check them out:
1. Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Making use of the data recovery tool can be helpful in fixing the QuickBooks error C=9. Let us explore the steps to be performed, to make the best use of the data recovery tool and try to get rid of this error.
- The very first step is to create a backup of the company file.
- Users will then have to ensure that QuickBooks has an appropriate transaction file that includes QuickBooks software.
- Followed by, downloading the QuickBooks data recovery tool from the manufacturer’s website.
- The next step is to head to the download list.
- Right-click on the .exe file of the downloaded data recovery tool file and choose Run as administrator. Install the same.
- Lastly, users need to run the tool after the installation.
2. Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
In order to resolve QuickBooks error code C=9, we recommend you to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub for Windows.
- First, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub program from here.
- After that Install and run the tool in the system.
- In the next step open the tool hub by hitting on the Icon.
- Once the tool opens, navigate to the Installation Issues and opt for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- This tool will take some time to scan and detect the problem.
3. Use the Rebuild Data Tool
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Visit the File menu tab and opt for the Utilities tab.
- Choose the Verify data option.
- When the verification concludes, once again visit the Utilities option.
- Now, you need to run the rebuild data tool by choosing the corresponding option.
- Again access QuickBooks to see if the issue got solved.
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared above might have helped you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error C=9.
However, if you are unable to get rid of the issue even after performing the steps above, then feel free to call our technical professionals via our toll-free number i.e., 1-800-615-2347, and let our technical team work for you.