QuickBooks is beyond any doubt the most widely used accounting software for evolving businesses. This software manages revenue and spending while keeping a record of your company’s financial condition. It can be used to invoice your customers, pay bills, create information, and prepare tax returns. however, the software is not free of bugs and glitches. One error code observed by various QB users lately is the QuickBooks error message 15221.
However, while praising the software, we cannot neglect the wide range of errors that a user may face up while working with the software. One such frequently occurring error is the QuickBooks update error code 15221.
Most Common Causes Leading to the QuickBooks Error Code 15221
Before you learn how to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15221, let us first make a visit to the various causes that provoke the error code. There is a wide range of factors that combine to bring this issue. After you’ve gone through these causes, you’ll be able to come up with the best remedies. Let’s have a look at the various causes first. The various causes are earmarked as follows:
- Internet Explorer settings are incorrect.
- Your system does not support electronic documents(e-docs).
- QuickBooks updates are prevented by the firewall settings or some security program running on your computer.
- Out-to-date or incompatible digital signatures.
- In QuickBooks, there are certain files that got damaged. They may comprise your company files or the QB installation-related files.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 15221
In this section, we shall discuss the various avenues of troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 15221. So, buckle up and start implementing the measures. We assure you by the end of this article, the error code 15221 will be resolved. So, without wasting any second, let us jump to the methods for fixing the error.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
Updating QuickBooks is a viable method of resolving the problem. It’s critical to update QuickBooks desktop regularly to keep it up to date with new functionality, services, and security patches. The updated software is better in features and is much more convenient for users.
- Firstly, proceed to your device’s homepage.
- Choose the QuickBooks Icon option.
- Afterward, choose Help from the drop-down menu.
- Then, hover over the Update QuickBooks option then hit on it.
- Find the appropriate software version from the table to upgrade it.
- Afterward, hit upon the Update Now option to start the upgrading process.
- To save the modifications, just reboot the computer after completing the foregoing process.
Method 2: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Initially, make an exit from the QuickBooks software.
- After that, browse to C:/Program File/Intuit/QuickBooks. Check for QBW32.exe in this folder.
- After you’ve located QBW32.exe, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Opt for Digital Signature from the drop-down menu, then ensure Intuit Inc. is chosen.
- Now, hit on Details from the drop-down menu.
- Choose View Certificate from the Digital Signature Details tab.
- Upon on the Security page, hit on the Install Certificate option.
- Once the final text appears, tap Next.
- Finally, hit on Finish.
- Reboot the system and reopen the QuickBooks desktop once more.
- Finally, install the update.
Method 3: Windows update is necessary
The QuickBooks software will not operate properly if you are operating on an older browser. As a result, you should go for updating the software to the current version. The methods to setup and upgrade the Windows Operating System are listed here:
- To begin, hit on the Start button.
- Afterward, type Update. Then, hit on the Enter key.
- When you’re finished, choose the Windows Update option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, hit on the Check for Updates option. Following that, the system will display the most recent updates that are available.
- If any recent versions are found, choose Download and Install.
- Finally, when the installation is complete, restart the PC. Verify to see whether Error 15221 QuickBooks is still there on your PC.
Method 4: Clean any junk files from your computer
- Initially, head to My Computer from the Start menu. Afterward, right-click System C: Drive and hit on Properties.
- You are now required to choose the Disk Cleanup option. Wait for the process to analyze and Clean the junk files.
- Once done, make sure to remove any Temporary files. This can be done by opening the Run window, followed by typing ‘%Temp%.’ Subsequently, hit the Ctrl + A keys and hit the Delete Button.
- After performing the above-stated steps, launch QuickBooks and check if the error got fixed.
Method 5: Label the Intuit website as Trusted
One more approach of fixing Error 15221 is by the addition of Intuit in the trusted sites list, the procedure for which is given below:
- Hit on the top-right gear icon to enter Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Security tab, and then head to the Trusted Sites icon and Sites button.
- The next step is to add the following website to the zone, “https://www.intuit.com/ (if using the US version)” or “https://www.intuit.ca/” (if using the Canadian version)
- Following that, hit on Add.
- Also, make sure to check mark the option “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone”
- Now, hit on Close and then click on Ok.
If the methods above somehow fail to assist you, you may have to remove and restart QuickBooks Windows to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15221 completely. Also, contact our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-615-2347 for a detailed solution where we check all possible causes and fixes based on our depth analysis. We always give the best solutions that are not available anywhere else. So, make sure to drop us a call and get all your QuickBooks issues solved.
More helpful articles: