QuickBooks supports a myriad of operations that have played a great role in lessening the burden of accountants. The program is used for processing salaries and direct deposit payments to the respective clients. Many users have been encountering QuickBooks Payroll Error 2107 when going with the direct deposit mode of payment. To get a velar understanding of the error, its causes, symptoms and troubleshooting methods, users should read the article all the way through. This article shall throw light on the multiple causes that can transpire in this error code and the various solutions to it. Thus, keep reading the information till the end!
You might read also: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Data Error C=184?
Signs indicating QuickBooks Error Code 2107
There are certain distinct signs that can be noticed by users which give a clear indication of Error code 2107 in QuickBooks desktop payroll inflicting their program. These include:
- The error notification indicating Error 2107 appears on the screen.
- Windows takes significant time for processing user inputs, especially when QuickBooks is open.
- Frequent freeing or crashing of QuickBooks and the system can also be witnessed.
- Unable to process direct deposits even after multiple attempts.
What Error Message Shows up Alongside QuickBooks Error 2017?
The message that shows up on the advent of the payroll error is:
|Error||Payroll Service Server Error: Contact Intuit if the problem persists.|
Multiple Factors that Provoke QuickBooks Error 2107
This error is mostly caused by the following factors:
- Virus intrusion in the system infecting QuickBooks files.
- QuickBooks files being removed by the user
- The Windows Registry might be damaged or the QuickBooks keys within the registry may be corrupted.
- Incorrect QuickBooks desktop installation leading to corruption of QuickBooks features.
- Date and time set up on the computer may be incorrect
Different Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 2107 (Can’t Send Payroll)
This error can be rectified by the use of the following troubleshooting strategies. Let us get a detailed insight into these troubleshooting techniques.
Solution 1: Clearing the Temporary Files in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and head to Tools, followed by Internet Settings.
- The next step is to click on the General tab.
- Herein, go to the Browsing History section.
- Mark the option to Delete the Temporary Internet files and Web pages also.
- Finally, click on Delete, followed by hitting on Ok.
Solution 2: Flushing the DNS
Flushing the DNS can help in the resolution of QuickBooks Error 2107. The steps are:
- Initially, you need to click on the Start button and type Cmd.
- The next step involves right-clicking to the cmd icon and choosing the Run the program as administrator option.
- Within the command prompt, type ipconfig/flushdns and press the Enter key.
- Once done with that, you need to restart your QuickBooks and follow the same steps again. However, if the error keeps persisting, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Unmark the Publisher’s Certificate Revocation Checkbox
There may be a scenario when I.E. may be rejecting Intuit certificate. To get this issue resolved, users should unmark the option to revoke the publisher certificate.
- This solution requires users to open Internet Explorer.
- Within the browser, head to Tools and then click on Options.
- The next step is to go to the Advanced Tab.
- Now, go to the Security option.
- Herein, unmark the checkbox beside publisher’s certificate revocation. When done with that, try sending the payroll once again.
Solution 4: Run System File Checker
Corruption in the Windows files can also result in QB Error code 2107. To get it sorted out, users can make use of the system file checker. Using this tool is pretty easy by merely using the sfc/scannow command. To get a better insight, read the walkthrough below:
- To begin with, the user first needs to head to the Start menu and when the list shows up, type cmd in the Search bar.
- The following process is to open CMD and then type in Sfc/scannow in the cmd window.
- The next step is to hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The command will start an array of operations related to the File Check.
- When the process is successfully done, restart the system and try the direct deposit payments again in QuickBooks.
Check Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176109?
Solution 5: Setting Up the Tax Tables
The procedure to set up the latest tax tables on the system are given below:
- Run QuickBooks and go to the Employees tab.
- Herein, click o the option to download Payroll updates.
- Now choose the latest tax tables and then proceed with the option to download the update.
- Once done, try sending the payroll again.
Solution 6: Set up the Latest Digital Signature Certificate
- To start off, right-click the QuickBooks icon and click on Properties.
- After that, hit a click on Open File Location option.
- In the next step, hit a right-click to the QuickBooks folder and head to Properties.
- Now click on the Digital signature option and head to the Signature List section.
- Next, hit a click on View Certificate opt in the Details page.
- Click on the Install Certificate.
- And then click on Next to get the latest digital signature certificate for Intuit setup.
Solution 7: Go with System Restore
While the 6 methods mentioned till now should rectify this direct deposit payment issue 2107 in QuickBooks desktop, is it ceases to get rooted out, then go for the system restore. It is pertinent to mention that this method proves effective when a recent induction of some program tampered with QuickBooks processes, which also resulted such error. The procedure is explained below:
- Begin by hovering the mouse cursor over the bottom-right corner of the Desktop and then clicking on the Start menu.
- Subsequent to that, type in Restore.
- Now, click on the System Restore icon and type in the correct credentials if asked for.
- The subsequent step requires making a choice for the recent restore point.
- When chosen, proceed with the System restore process.
Solution 8: Use QuickBooks file doctor from tool hub program
Here are the steps to run QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official Intuit website.
- After that download and install the tool hub program on your system.
- In the next step, open the QuickBooks tool hub by hitting on the icon created on your desktop.
- Once the tool open, go to the Company File Issue and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Now choose the Check your file option and hit click on Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and click on Next.
- Wait for the tool to complete the diagnosis and repair process. This may take some time, depending on the size of your company file.
- Once the tool has finished, open QuickBooks and check if the issue has been resolved.
Check Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6129?
Solution 9: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
Performing a clean installation of QuickBooks can help resolve issues that may be caused by a corrupt or damaged installation. Here are the steps to perform a clean installation:
Uninstall QuickBooks from your computer
- First, go to the Control Panel, then select Programs and Features.
- After that find QuickBooks in the list of programs, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
Re-install QuickBooks on your computer
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official website.
- After that Install QuickBooks desktop using the downloaded installation file.
- During the installation process, you need to choose install QuickBooks option as a new installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, update your QuickBooks desktop to the latest version available.
- Open your company file in QuickBooks and check if the issue has been resolved.
In this blog, we have subsumed all the possible measure for fixing QuickBooks Error 2107. If users have any questions or unresolved problems related to the same, they may contact our QuickBooks payroll error support team at the helpline number i.e., +1-800-615-2347. Our team will make sure that all your issues get rectified.