Whenever you feel your software is working great, you might come across some typical error in QuickBooks accounting software. In this segment, we will be discussing further the steps involved in shunning of the QuickBooks error code 41. This is basically PDF converter activation error which is usually seen when QuickBooks uses an older version of the print driver activation code, for newer version of driver.
You might face QuickBooks error code 41 if the integrated QuickBooks PDF converter or the driver licensed by QuickBooks is in use. This sort of issue can be quite annoying for you to handle. To get a better insight into the QuickBooks error code 41, make sure that you stick around till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks error 41?
Well, there can be a handful of triggers to the QuickBooks error 41, which we have listed below. Scroll down to find out the root causes of this error.
- This particular error could be seen due to the blue screen of death error when working on QuickBooks.
- If the system is performing quite slow.
- Another reason can be if when the installation of QuickBooks desktop on working system is facing any kind of difficulty.
- You might also face this sort of error if any kind of windows updating issue appears.
- If QuickBooks crashes or freezes for some time.
- In case the QB software shuts down automatically.
- In case you have opened up multiple applications at the same time on the system.
You may read also: How to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6190?
Methods you can fix the QuickBooks error 41
You can perform any of the below set of steps, so as to fix the QuickBooks error 41. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall USB composite device
- Start with, clicking on the start tab.
- Furthermore, add devmgmt.msc in the run window and hit the enter tab.
- You further need to select plus sign.
- And click on to the USB composite device.
- Heading forward, you need to click on uninstall option and hit ok tab.
- Reconnect the USB cable with the PC.
- You need to follow the directives for installing the drivers:
- You would have to right click the printer tab.
- And choose the print test page for printing a windows self test page.
- End the process by shutting down all the windows opened on the system screen.
Method 2: Disable the services from startup
- Under this method, you would have to hit the start tab and type in msconfig in the open box.
- Furthermore, choose the disable all tab.
- Open the startup tab and pick the disable all and ok option.
- This will need to reboot the system.
- Just in case the system configuration utility option appears on the screen, then you would have to authenticate the don’t show message or start the system configuration utility.
- Hit ok tab.
- Reopen the QuickBooks software to confirm that the error code 41 is fixed.
Method 3: Reset the temp folder permissions
Step 1: Reset the temp folder permissions
- You would have to press Windows + R, which would open up the run window on the screen.
- Type in TEMP and hit enter tab.
- You then need to right click the empty area of the temp folder, and select the properties tab.
- Click on the security tab.
- You will have to ensure that all the usernames and groups on the security tab have full control.
- Lastly save as a PDF again within QuickBooks, after the permissions have been set up to full control.
Step 2: Verify print to the XPS
- Under this, you need to open up the notepad.
- And then, enter in test by selecting the file and opting for print option.
- You need to select the XPS document writer and hit print tab.
- Type a filename and save it to the desktop.
- Move to the desktop and then see the XPS document that has been printed from the notepad.
Method 4: QuickBooks print pdf repair tool
Step 1: Download and install QuickBooks tool hub
- Under this process, you need to close QuickBooks software.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub file, by saving the files somewhere.
- You need to open the file downloaded.
- You are then required to carry out the on-screen prompts, so as to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the QuickBooks tool hub, when install finishes.
Step 2: Run PDF and print repair tool from QuickBooks tool hub
- You are supposed to select program problems option in tool hub.
- And further go for QuickBooks PDF and print repair tool. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Now you need to try to print, email or save as a PDF from QuickBooks desktop.
Method 5: Restart the system
- Click on the start tab or press windows key.
- Click on the arrow next to the shutdown tab.
- Choose restart tab and you are done.
- Sometimes a simple restart can rectify huge errors.
Method 6: Download and install fix tool
- You need to download and install the fix tool on the system.
- Furthermore, choose scan tab.
- Click on the repair after the completion of the scanning process.
- Reboot the software.
That was all you need to learn about QuickBooks error code 41, so as to get rid of the PDF Converter Activation Error. As always, for any queries, comments, or concerns, call us immediately at 1-800-615-2347. We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best QuickBooks error support services. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime and seeking for assistance!