Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H303 when switching to multi-setup hosting:
The QuickBooks error code H303 itself shows that it belongs to the QuickBooks H series error. This error might be seen when you try to access the file which has been placed in another computer and that system requires additional setup and installation. Such an error can also be a significant sign of something blocking the multi-user connection to the server. You might see this issue with an error message that states:
|Error code H303:||Problem with Multi-user Hosting Setup “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”.|
In this particular segment, we will be discussing in detail the factors triggering the QuickBooks error code H303, along with the measures that you can take, so as to shun off the error successfully. Thus, make sure to read this segment with much care, or you can also consult our team professionals using our dedicated support line.
What triggers QuickBooks error H303?
Following factors can be the major triggers behind the QuickBooks error H303.
- You can bump into this issue if the company files are hosted by the server, and as a consequence of which, the software is unable to acquire the company files.
- If the hosting configuration settings are incorrect or if there is an improper system network.
- You might also come across with this error if there is improper system network.
- Also, if there is a damaged or corrupted .nd file, then it is probable to end up with your problem.
Solutions to perform to shun off QuickBooks error H303: A Problem with Multi-User Hosting
You can perform the below measures, so as to tackle out the QuickBooks H series error H303. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Configuring firewall settings
This method can be opted, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks company file error H303. The steps involved in configuring firewall settings, are as follows:
- Start off with heading to the Control Panel and choose Firewall settings.
- Choose Allow a program through firewall.
- You would then have to Add programs and Add QuickBooks 20XX in the exception list.
- In last, reboot the software and verify whether changes are done or not.
Method 2: Change the position of QuickBooks folders
Under this method, you would have to change the position of the QuickBooks folders.
- Kick start the process by making a New folder in the hosting system.
- Set and Share Windows access permissions to allow you to store files.
- Furthermore, you would have to copy .qbw file and paste it a new folder.
- End the process by accessing the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 3: Installing QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then you can simply install QuickBooks file doctor. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- At first, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub program on your computer.
- Next step is to run the tool hub and launch it to desktop.
- Furthermore, navigate to the Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. (This can take more than a minute to launch the file doctor tool)
- You would have to install QuickBooks desktop on the server and run file doctor tool.
- You will then have to run the tool and it will diagnose and fix the issues on its own.
Method 4: Check the QuickBooks settings
Just in case you are still unable to tackle out the issue, then you are suggested to check the QuickBooks settings. Perform the steps below to check the QuickBooks settings.
- You would first have to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Select the files on both PC’s and go to Files > Utilities > Stop hosting multi user configuration.
- Turn on hosting on any of the computers and go to Utilities > Host multi-user configuration.
- The last step is to Start QuickBooks software on both computers and check if the error is resolved.
That was all you need to know about the QuickBooks multi-user switching error H303. As always, if you have any queries, comments, or concerns, call to Axpert Advisors team to get a feasible solution for your QuickBooks problems. Our team will be more happy to provide you a top class assistance.