Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H303 when switching to multi-setup hosting:
The QuickBooks Hxxx series of error codes has been a source of botheration for users. This series subsumes a plethora of error codes which are generally linked with the technical problems existing while using the multi-user mode. These errors generally transpire while opening the company file in the multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Error code H303 is one such error which becomes visible when opening the Company files in the multi-user mode. This article endeavors to get rid of this error by highlighting the various viable troubleshooting strategies that can fix the HXXX series of problems. You might see this issue with an error message that states:
|Error code H303:
|Problem with Multi-user Hosting Setup “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”.
In this particular segment, we will be discussing in detail the factors triggering the QuickBooks error H303, along with the measures that you can take, so as to shun off the error successfully. Thus, make sure to read this segment with much care, or you can also consult our team of professionals using our dedicated support line.
What Triggers Error Code H303 in QuickBooks?
The following factors can be the major triggers behind this problem.
- You can bump into this issue if the company files are hosted by the server, and as a consequence of which, the software is unable to acquire the company files.
- If the hosting configuration settings are incorrect or if there is an improper system network.
- You might also come across this error if there is an improper system network.
- Also, if there is a damaged or corrupted .nd file, then it is probable to end up with your problem.
Viable Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error H303: An issue with Multi-User Hosting
You can perform the below-mentioned measures, so as to tackle the QuickBooks H series errors. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Configuring the Firewall Settings
This method can be opted, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks company file error H303. The steps involved in configuring firewall settings are as follows:
- Start off by heading to the Control Panel and choosing Firewall settings.
- Opt for Allowing a program through the firewall.
- You would then have to Add programs and Add QuickBooks 20XX in the exception list.
- In last, reboot the software and verify whether changes are done or not.
Method 2: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
- At first, advance to the QuickBooks folder.
- Follow up by searching for the files having the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- The next process is to rename the files and then add .old at the end of the names of the files.
- Once done, restart QuickBooks and try accessing the Company file once again in the multi-user mode. This should exterminate the ongoing issue.
Method 3: Installing the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then you can simply install QuickBooks file doctor. The steps involved here are as follows:
- First and foremost, download & install the QuickBooks tool hub program on your computer.
- Next, launch the tool hub from the desktop.
- Once you are into the tool hub, visit the Company File Issues and choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. (This can take more than a minute to launch the file doctor tool)
- You would have to install QuickBooks desktop on the server and run the file doctor tool.
- Scan the file using the File Doctor tool to diagnose and fix a multitude of technical errors, including Error code H303 that malign the company file.
Method 4: Check the QuickBooks Settings
Just in case you are still unable to tackle the issue, then you are suggested to check the QuickBooks settings. Perform the steps below to check the QuickBooks settings linked with the Multi-user.
- You would first have to launch QuickBooks in the multi-user mode.
- Choose the files on both PCs and move to Files > Utilities > Stop hosting multi-user configuration.
- Turn on hosting on any of the computers and move to Utilities > Host multi-user configuration.
- The last step is to Start QuickBooks software on both computers and check if the error is resolved.
Read it Also: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6069?
Method 5: Bypassing the restriction imposed by the Firewall
- The initial step requires clicking on the Windows search bar, and then searching for Firewall.
- Now, proceed by opening the Windows Firewall.
- Head to the Advanced settings and then proceed by right-clicking on the Inbound rules.
- Now, tap on the option to create a new rule and incorporate the following ports:
- 8023: For QuickBooks 2023
- 8021 and 8022, For QuickBooks 2021 and QuickBooks 2022
- 8019: For QuickBooks 2020 and QuickBooks 2019.
- 8019, 56728, 55378-55382: For QuickBooks 2018.
- 8019, 56728, 55378-55377: For QuickBooks 2017.
- The user now needs to click on Allow the connection and proceed by clicking on Next.
- Follow up with the creation of a new rule, name it, and finally tap on Finish.
- Repeat the same set of steps for the Outbound rules.
That was all you need to know about the QuickBooks multi-user switching error H303. As always, if you have any queries, comments, or concerns, call to QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-800-615-2347 to get a feasible solution for your problems. Our team will be happy to provide you a top-class and matchless assistance for fixing the error.