Have you stumbled upon the QuickBooks error OL-203? Well, this issue can be quite annoying for the users. This particular error is generally seen when setting up online banking in QuickBooks desktop. One of the other reasons behind to this error can be the temporary bank server outage or company file having data integrity issues.
Few times users can also experience this type of issue, as the bank demands them to confirm the identity in order to access the online services in QuickBooks desktop. The following error message may appear on your desktop screen when OL-203 issue occurs:
Fixing this error can become easy, by performing the steps that we have tried to mention in this article. Thus, make sure to read this article till the end. You can also speak with our certified accounting team for any assistance.
Common QuickBooks OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors
You may see the following are the few common OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop:
What causes QuickBooks error OL-203?
You can land into the QuickBooks error OL 203, due to the factors discussed below:
- In case the QuickBooks software isn’t updated, then this error can be experienced.
- If the bank or financial institution has modified their service offerings.
- If the bank account that is being used in online banking in QuickBooks is inactive.
- Another common reason can be if the bank or financial institution might have altered their name.
- If the bank account that you are using in online banking in QuickBooks is inactive.
- Internet connection can also cause this error.
- If the download format or the import format is incorrect may also occur this problem.
You might see also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Message OL-203
There can be a couple of methods that you can try to apply to successfully fix the QuickBooks error OL 203. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Creating a test company file
- You should first move to the file option and then tap on the new company.
- Next step is to hit on the start setup and also tap on skip.
- You will now have to enter the required information and tap on the create company option.
- Please note that the QuickBooks accounting software might take some time in creating a new company file.
- Now, you should hit on start working.
- Then, add the bank account to the test file.
After creating the file, if you are able to download the bank transactions, then it simply means that the primary company file might have some issues, which needs immediate troubleshooting by professionals. However, if you aren’t able to download the bank transactions, then it simply indicates that the bank needs the confirmation to verify the identity or the bank is making some changes on the server or website. In such scenario, contacting bank is suggested.
Method 2: Deactivate and reactivate bank feeds
Deactivating bank feeds
- You are initially supposed to move to the list and the chart of accounts.
- After that right-click on the account from the list that causing the error code and choose edit account option.
- Next step is to tap on the bank settings.
- After that, choose to deactivate all online services.
- Now, push the ok tab.
- Last step is to tap on save and close.
Reactivate bank feed
- This process requires moving to list and then chart of accounts.
- Now, right-click on the account from the list that leads to this error and then choose edit account.
- Once done with that, you should hit on set up bank feeds and then tap on the yes tab to close all open QuickBooks windows.
- Now enter the bank name and hit on the continue tab.
- After that, you will have to enter the bank username and password and hit on connect.
- Please note that QuickBooks might take some time to pull up the bank account, once it found them LINK the account with a respective account.
- End the process by tapping on the next tab.
Method 3: Enabling security protocol TLS 1.2
- First step is to tap on the Windows + R keys for opening run command.
- After that, you should type ‘control’ in the run box and subsequently, hit on the OK tab.
- The next step is to choose network and internet and internet options.
- Once done with that, tap on the advanced tab.
- And moving forward, look for the security section.
- Now, look for use TLS 1.0 and remove the checkmark.
- Place a checkmark against the USE TLS 1.2
- Next step is to choose the Apply tab and also hit on the OK tab.
- And then close all programs that are open.
- Complete the process by rebooting the system and check if the issue gets fixed.
Method 4: Running verify and rebuild utilities
Step 1: Running verify utilities
- First step in this process is to launch the QuickBooks desktop.
- And move to the File menu.
- Choose utilities option.
- And also pick the verify data option.
- You should now tap on the ok tab to close all open Windows.
- If the QuickBooks software doesn’t detect any issue with the data, then it is suggested to opt for the ok tab.
- In case the QuickBooks software found some issue with the data, then hitting on the rebuild option is recommended.
Step 2: Running rebuild utilities
- You will first have to move to the file option.
- Once done with that, push the ok tab and also hit on save to create a backup.
- Now, tap on view results after the rebuild completes.
- After that, if you found no issues, then you are suggested to move with the steps ahead.
- In case any issues are detected with the data, then contacting our experts is suggested.
Method 5: Contacting bank or financial institution
If the above steps didn’t help, then it is highly recommended to contact the bank, as there could be possibility that the errors can be on their behalf. Thus, make sure to get in touch with your bank.
Towards the end of this article, it is expected that you might be able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error OL-203 by following the steps mentioned in this article.
However, if the error persists or continues to bother the QB user, then it is recommended to connect with our professionals directly using our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347. Our QuickBooks error support team is made up of professionals, who who strive to provide the best support possible.