Get to know all about bank feed error OL-334 in QuickBooks desktop:
The OL and OLSU errors are basically banking errors that a user might come across in their QuickBooks software. Today we are going to discuss one such banking error that is QuickBooks error OL-334. This error appears due to an improper internet connection. Also, it may occur if you are trying to update the financial institution or bank accounts using online services.
You also might face this error when the bank accounts or financial institution denied admin submissions for improvements like direct connect or web connect. This basically indicates that there is an issue with the user’s bank side.
To know more about fixing the QuickBooks error OL-334, make sure to read this article till the end. However, you can also get in touch with our technical support team for any sort of expert assistance. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals, who will surely help in fixing the errors related to QuickBooks. You can contact us via our toll-free and let our experts fix the issue.
What Causes QuickBooks Bank Error OL-334?
You can end up with QuickBooks error message OL 334 due to the following factors:
- If you want to check with the bank to see if they have rolled out some improvements.
- Another reason can be if you are using any discontinued Windows or QuickBooks desktop version.
- If there is an issue with the bank server or with the internet service provider.
- If there is an inactive bank account empowered for online banking of QuickBooks.
- You can experience such an error if there is an issue with arranging the download or import.
Essential points to note
You should keep the below-stated pointers in mind before moving with the steps ahead:
- You should recheck if there is an active internet connection. If connected already, then verify the firewall and the internet security settings to continue.
- Also, confirm that you are using a supported version of QuickBooks and internet explorer.
- You should ensure that the QuickBooks desktop application is updated.
- Make sure to contact the bank to verify the account information and that the bank is not experiencing any outages.
You may also see: How to Open QBB, QBW and QBX File without QuickBooks?
What Methods to Perform to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code OL-334?
Performing the below-mentioned set of steps can assist in successfully eliminating the QuickBooks error OL-334. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Accessing the account setup
- Initially, make a QuickBooks company file backup.
- And then verify the inactive accounts that are showing bolt.
- Next step is to Deactivate the accounts for online services.
- You have to access the Bank feeds set up.
- And then push the Ctrl key.
- The final step is to Enter the bank information.
Method 2: Using TLS Security protocol
- In this process, you should launch internet explorer and also ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of QuickBooks.
- The next step is to hit on the Browser’s window and also tap on the Gear icon under the Settings tab.
- You should then choose the Internet options and also hit on the Advanced tab.
- Now, unmark the USE TLS 1.0 and also mark TLS 1.2 options.
- Next, hit on Apply and also tap on the OK tab.
- End the process by shutting down the window and also relaunching the system.
Method 3: Making a new company file
- You should first open the QuickBooks company file.
- And then, tap on the New company option.
- Next, Add a bank account for the one in which such an error appears.
- You should then Set up the account for bank feeds.
- And after setting up the bank feeds, you should Download the bank feed transactions to check the account.
- The last step is to get connecting to the bank.
Method 4: Deactivating bank accounts
- At first, move to the Chart of accounts.
- And then choose the include inactive option.
- The next step is to tap on Deactivate bank feeds.
- After that, shut down the window after completing deactivating bank feeds.
- Coming to the end, you should Try accessing the file and every account for the bank feeds.
Method 5: Create a new account and then go for merging of accounts
- Firstly, right-click on the account encountering the issue and hit on the Edit account.
- The next step is to Highlight the account name and tap on Copy.
- After that introduce an Asterisk (*) at the end of the Account name.
- You should then tap on the Bank feed settings and hit on the Deactivate all online services tab.
- Now, tap on Save and Close.
- Once done with that choose the Chart of accounts to Create a new account.
- Next, close and reopen the company file and click on the chart of accounts and choose edit account.
- You should remove the asterisk (*) and right-click on the Account to select and hit on Save and Close.
- When asked, tap on the Yes tab and set up an account for bank feeds.
- The concluding step is to Download transactions to the newly merged account.
By the end of this article, it is expected that the above-stated steps might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks bank feed error OL-334. However, if for some reason the error continues or if you are seeking any sort of expert assistance, then dialing our toll-free 1-800-615-2347 would work for you.
Our QuickBooks banking error support team consists of highly qualified accounting professionals who work round the clock to offer the best support services.