All about the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077
One of the most innovative software, QuickBooks has benefitted small and medium sized businesses all across the world to streamline their operations. In fact, this application has brought a great change in the way accounting, bookkeeping and payroll is done. But users have to often face a lot many technical glitches while using this software. A common error is the QuickBooks Payroll code PS077 which happens when the users try to download the Payroll updates. In this article we will discuss about this error in detail and provide all the possible solutions to fix the issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- This error happens when users fill up incorrect or outdated billing information.
- Due to some malicious program the QuickBooks company file becomes corrupted.
- QuickBooks is not able to read the information that is registered.
- Damaged tax files can be a possible cause of the error.
- User might have forgotten to register the QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks company file may be corrupted.
Important Points to Consider before troubleshooting
- Ensure that QuickBooks Payroll subscription is validated.
- Create a backup of the QuickBooks Company file.
- Make sure that there is one QuickBooks software downloaded on your system.
- Keep your QuickBooks updated with the latest release.
- Check the billing information that you have provided in the payroll account.
You can read also: Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Below are the 5 DIY troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks error code PS077:
Method 1: Repair your QuickBooks desktop
- Firstly, go towards your account in QuickBooks.
- Then try to log out from the account.
- Ensure that you shut down all the running windows on your computer.
- You should also shut every window of the software.
- Now you have to access the Windows Task Manager.
- Now from there check out the running windows.
- You have to open QuickBooks again.
- Now download the latest payroll updates
- In case there are again some issues then go to the File tab.
- After this you have to choose Utilities.
- Once done, repair the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Provide billing information
- Firstly, click on the F2 key.
- From the window, make note of the license number.
- Once you get the desired number simply click on the OK button.
- Now go to the Intuit website and try to log in to your account.
- Next. check your QuickBooks license.
- Once done verify if there is any recent update for the software.
- Ensure that you have the relevant details like billing information, dates etc.
- In case you get any kind of error it is suggested that you seek help from the IT consultant.
Method 3: Disable User Account Control
- Go to the file.
- Click on Utilities option to check the QuickBooks data.
- Try to turn off UAC if there is Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 installed on the system.
- Once done you have to download the latest update of QuickBooks payroll.
Method 4: Download QuickBooks and Recent Payroll Tax Tables
- In case there are any kind of installations available then you have to simply remove them by clicking on the Reset updates tab.
- After that just download the latest payroll tax table.
- Once done select File, then choose Utilities, and then tap on Verify Data.
- Use selective start-up to conduct clean uninstall.
Once the entire process is done try updating the tax table.
Method 5: Open Run Tab
- The first thing you have to do is create a backup of the company file.
- Once done, simply shut down all the running programs.
- You need to access the Run window.
Windows 7 and XP
- Firstly, you have to click on the Start button in case you are not logged in with Admin rights.
- Ensure that you hit the All Programs.
- Choose the Accessories tab and then click on Run.
- Go to the Window System section.
- You have to access the start screen.
- Perform a right-click on the background to All apps.
- Now click on the Run option.
- Tap on the Start button.
- In the search field type Run.
The QuickBooks Payroll error 15106 can easily be fixed by the above-mentioned solutions. However, if the problem still persists then you should definitely get in touch with QuickBooks error support providers by dialing 1-800-615-2347 who are available 24/7 to assist you with your problems.