A comprehensive guide to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077
QuickBooks has gone a long way towards benefitting small and medium-sized businesses all across the world by streamlining their business operations. In fact, this software has ushered an unfathomable change in the way accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll tasks were handled. But users often face many technical glitches while using this software.
A common error is the QuickBooks Payroll code PS077 which occurs when QuickBooks users try to download the Payroll updates. In this article, we will discuss this error in detail and equip you with all the possible solutions to fix the issue.
You might see the following error message on your computer screen:
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Let us first go through the various causes that contribute to the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077. Some of the most common factors include the following:
- QuickBooks users fill up incorrect or outdated billing information.
- Due to some malicious program, the QuickBooks company file got corrupted.
- QuickBooks is unable to read the information that is registered.
- Damaged tax files may be a possible cause of the error.
- You may have forgotten to register the QuickBooks software.
- Corrupted QuickBooks company file.
Important Points to note before we troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error PS077
- Ensure that QuickBooks Payroll subscription is validated.
- Create a backup of the QuickBooks Company file.
- The QuickBooks software downloaded on your system.
- Keep your QuickBooks updated with the latest release.
- Check the billing information that you have provided in the payroll account.
You can read also: Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error
Solutions to Rectify the QuickBooks Error Code PS077
Below are the effective troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks error code PS077:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks desktop software
- Initially, head to your account in QuickBooks.
- Then try to Log out from the account.
- Ensure that you Shut down all the running Windows on your computer.
- Now, access the Windows Task Manager.
- Afterward, check out the running Windows.
- Next steps is to press Windows key to open Control panel.
- After that navigate to the Programs and Features tab.
- Now choose QuickBooks desktop and select Uninstall/Repair option.
- Hit a click on Repair to repair QuickBooks desktop.
- Once the process gets finish open your QuickBooks desktop
- After that download the Latest payroll updates.
- In case there again exist some issues, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Provide billing information
- Launch the QuickBooks software and hit on the F2 key.
- From the Product information window that shows up, make note of the License number.
- Once you get the desired number simply hit on the OK button.
- Now, head to the Intuit website and try to Log in to your account.
- Next, check your QuickBooks license.
- Once done verify if there is any recent update for the software.
- Ensure that you have the relevant details like Billing information, dates, etc.
- In case you confront any error, head towards the subsequent method.
Solution 3: Disable User Account Control
- Proceed to the File and Hit on the Utilities option to check the QuickBooks data.
- Try to Turn off UAC if there is Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 installed on the system.
- Once done, download the Latest updates of QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 4: Download QuickBooks and Recent Payroll Tax Tables
- In case there is any kind of installation available then you have to simply remove them by hitting on the Reset updates tab.
- Afterward, download the latest Payroll tax table.
- Once done hit on File, then choose Utilities, and then tap on Verify Data.
- Use selective start-up to conduct Clean uninstall.
- Once the entire process is done try updating the tax table.
Solution 5: Open Run Tab
- The first thing you have to do is Create a backup of the company file.
- Once done, simply Shut down all the running programs.
- You need to access the Run window.
On Windows 7 and XP
- Firstly, you have to click on the Start button in case you are not logged in with Admin rights.
- Ensure that you hit the All Programs.
- Choose the Accessories tab and then click on Run.
On Windows 8
- Go to the Window System section.
- You have to access the Start screen.
- Perform a right-click on the background to All apps.
- Now click on the Run option.
On Windows Vista
- Tap on the Start button.
- In the search field type Run.
Solution 6: Turn Off User Account Control
User Account Control (UAC) issues occasionally prevent payroll updates in QuickBooks. To finish the troubleshooting, adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Launch the Control Panel from your Windows Start menu.
- Now, type in UAC into the search box and hit Enter.
- Look for and decide to Modify the user account settings.
- Now, hit on Yes, then move the slider to Never notify to disable User Account Control.
- When prompted, type in your Admin user information.
- Now, start-up QuickBooks software once more and attempt to download the payroll update.
Solution 7: Make use of the Rebuild Data Utility
Running the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility helps locate and resolve the issue if the QuickBooks error message code is caused by data damage.
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks software.
- Afterward, follow the given series of actions – Navigate to the File menu, followed by hitting Utilities. Afterward, head to the Verify Data.
- The preceding section will make the tool detect the error in the QuickBooks company file
- Afterward, head to the File menu and move to Utilities. finally, opt for the Rebuild Data option. It will fix all the detected data issues with the company file.
- Now, go back to Verify Data and check if the error still prevails in the QuickBooks software. Hopefully, the error must be fixed.
Solution 8: Change the CPS folder name
- Start with opening the file explorer by pressing the Windows + E button.
- Second step, you are required to choose the option stating This PC.
- Next, you need to head to the local disk C.
- In case if you are unable to find the program files, you simply have to open the program files folder.
- Once done, you need to open QuickBooks desktop folder that resembles your version of the software.
- After that open the components and also go for payroll folder.
- And then Right click on the CPS folder.
- In the next step, choose the rename folder option.
- Next, you are supposed to rename it and also enter CPSOLD.
- And after that you are supposed to press the enter tab.
- Now users need to make a new CPS folder and then should open QuickBooks desktop.
- Last, download the latest payroll tax table update and you are done.
The QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 can easily be fixed by following the above-mentioned solutions. However, if the problem still persists then you should definitely get in touch with QuickBooks error support providers by dialing 1-800-615-2347 who are available 24/7 to assist you with your problems.
If you found significant value in this article, you may be interested to visit other blogs on QuickBooks troubleshooting. Our team of professionals is diligently striving for making the QuickBooks software error-free.