QuickBooks file doctor majority of the times acts as a saviour, especially when there is any sort of error in QuickBooks desktop. However, have you ever though what would be the situation when even the tool itself crashes. There can be times when this error might crash and fail when fixing the issue in QuickBooks. Along with crashing, the QuickBooks file doctor tool hangs or shows an exception. You might bump into such an error due to a handful of factors, which we will be discussing later in this segment. Just in case the application is hanging due to some repair process, then the file doctor tool might stop.
To unleash the causes and fixes of QuickBooks file doctor not working error, make sure that you stick around this piece of information. You can also connect with us, and let our professionals handle the situation for you.
What instigates the QuickBooks file doctor crashing error?
As we discussed earlier, there can be several factors instigating such an error, which we will be discussing below:
- Just in case, the files are corrupted, misplaced or damaged, then such an error could be seen.
- Converting the old version of QuickBooks company file over a network can trigger such an error.
- Moreover, when you try to access the incorporated files, then such an error could be seen.
- If in case, you are missing out on a few QuickBooks company files during the installation process.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15106?
Get rid of QuickBooks file doctor crashing issue using the steps below
You can try out the below methods, so as to fixing QuickBooks file doctor crashing error. Go through the below procedures one by one:
Method 1: Disabling hosting mode and configuring antivirus software
- Just in case you are using McAfee software, then you would have to launch the software.
- Furthermore, click on web and email protection.
- Head to the firewall and click on ports and system services.
- Hit the add tab.
- You can also type eMule in the services name and in the local TCP/IP ports, type in the TCP data for the QuickBooks application.
- Choose All PCs under open ports.
- Finally hit a click on save tab and also start the system again.
Method 2: Using auto data recovery
It should be noted that auto data recovery functionality automatically examines the QuickBooks files within a couple of hours. Moreover, the backup of the files with no error is always stored automatically in the auto data recovery folder. Also, the file backup stays in the auto data recovery folder for 12 to 24 hours or till the QuickBooks application is open.
Method 3: Restoring the backup of corrupted QBW files
- Herein, you would have to first backup all the files that are damaged. Furthermore, these file backups will assist in replacing the corrupted files.
- Later on, launch the QuickBooks and click on the open or restore company option and choose file tab.
- Hit a click on open or restore a backup copy and process the file backup.
- Further, click on next tab.
- Choose the local backup and next option.
- Click on it to browse option and choose the backup file location.
- Choose the file with QBB file extension and click on open and hit next.
- You will see Save option in the drop-down menu and choose the location to restore the files.
- Enter the name of a file in the name field.
- Further click on save as pop-up.
- Click on save tab to complete the restoration process.
Method 4: Launch the QuickBooks file doctor
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub program and install it on your system
- After that open the tool hub and launch the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Open the file doctor and wait for some time till the no company open window.
- Head to the file option and also choose utilities tab.
- Click on repair file and network problems.
- Hit a click on ok tab and after this the QuickBooks file doctor will restart with admin rights.
- Now hit a click on yes tab.
- Hit the wrench icon in order to launch the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Click on continue tab.
- Enter the user credentials to get logged into the account.
- Head to the advanced settings tab and choose file diagnosis only.
- Hit next tab.
- When the system suggests, open the file and check if the issue is rectified or not.
See it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error Code 1402?
Rectifying QuickBooks file doctor crashing error becomes easy, once the above steps are performed in a proper manner. As always, if you have any queries, comments, or concerns, call us at our QuickBooks error support number.
Our team of accounting experts will provide your business the right support that it needs to eliminate errors and QuickBooks related glitches, ensure success and save some serious money.