QuickBooks scan manager can perform multiple tasks including scanning invoices, sales receipts, and other transactions. Along with that it assists in smoothly attaching various files to the bills. When this manager ends up into an error, it might be a little problematic for you. Experiencing the inability to select the scan manager is a common error. When you aren’t able to select the QuickBooks scan manager, it might disturb certain functions.
In order to deal with this error, a scan profile can be created. Learn a little more about fixing QuickBooks scan manager not working or could not be selected error, by reading this segment till the end. You can also consult our tech professionals and let our tech geeks handle the situation for you.
You might see: Disable Merchant Services in QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
Perk of using the QuickBooks scan manager
Scan manager can be of great assistance. Check out how:
- You can simply attach the files to the invoices, bills, sales receipts, and other transactions.
- The tool doesn’t need you to be a professional to handle it.
- Furthermore, you can easily connect it to the bank accounts, so as to import and categorize the transactions.
- Note that, in QuickBooks scan manager, the balance sheet gets updated automatically.
- The scan manager is endowed with a warehouse manager so that the warehouse workers can get their work done in a short interval of time.
Issues you might see when scanning bills via QuickBooks scan manager
The following issues can be encountered when scanning bills using QuickBooks scan manager. Let us check them out one by one:
- One of the major concerns can be inability to detect the scanner
- If the scan manager isn’t responding
- You might also face issue when accessing the document in multi-user mode
- If you aren’t able to look for the scanner driver
- QuickBooks scan manager is unable to create a new profile
- Or if the screen is showing an error that says “No profiles in QuickBooks scan manager”.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Steps to fix QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected
Ending up in such an error is pretty usual and can be fixed using the TWAIN compliant scanner. Along with that, you need to ensure that the 281, 1 error isn’t present on the system. If that is the case, then the scan manager error will continue to appear. Perform the below steps to troubleshoot this error with much ease.
Method 1: Using TWAIN Compliant Scanner with QuickBooks scan manager
You might have entered in a situation where the QuickBooks scan manager couldn’t be selected. Well, if that is the case, then you will have to keep two things in mind.
- You need to check whether you are using a TWAIN compliant scanner.
- Ensuring that you are using the scanner outside of QuickBooks.
Method 2: Installing QuickBooks and fixing 281, 1 error
In case you aren’t able to choose the scan manager of QuickBooks, then fixing the error 281, 1 by performing the steps below will surely help. Just in case you wish to do away with the 281, 1 error, then turning off the QuickBooks desktop software is suggested. The steps below can be performed. Let us have a look:
- At first, close QuickBooks desktop app, just in case you are running it on the PC.
- Furthermore, hit start tab.
- You need to now choose search tab and look for the control panel.
- Head to the add/remove programs in the classic view of the control panel.
- And also install QuickBooks now.
- You need to then select the option for repairing the installation.
- Lastly, relaunch the QuickBooks software and check that the error is rectified or not.
Once you are able to perform the steps above, it would be a little easy to shun off the QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected error. As always, if you have any query or concerns, call us immediately at 1-800-615-2347! Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team will be more happy to help you.
Other helpful topics: