Have you lost your QuickBooks data file and are now looking for a comprehensive guide to recover lost Quickbooks data from hard drive? Well, if that is the scenario, then we have got you covered. This piece of writing will brief you with the right set of steps to recover lost QuickBooks data file from a hard drive. Losing the data file is one of the most annoying issue one might land into. It is always recommended to create backup files frequently and hard drive is one of the best ways to store the files. You can get a better grip on to recovering the lost QuickBooks data file from a hard drive by going through this segment.
Whereas, if you aren’t interested in manually performing the set of steps for recovering QuickBooks data from a hard drive, then connect with our professionals today. Our tech personnel will be more than happy to help you.
What Causes QuickBooks Data Loss From a Hard Drive?
You can end up into this particular issue due to the following reasons. Let us have a look:
- One of the most common reason can be if you upgrade the company file into the higher version of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Another common reason can be if QuickBooks data files get corrupted or broken suddenly.
- You can also experience this problem if there are multiple company files or if company files are missing on a drive.
- Experiencing this issue is also common if there is abrupt power outage/system crash when using or working on this latest version of QuickBooks files.
- Something went wrong when upgrading the QuickBooks software.
Steps to Recover the Lost Company File in QuickBooks Desktop
The below stated set of steps can help you in recovering the lost QuickBooks data file from hard drive.
Step 1: Running the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
You can retrieve the lost company files by using the QuickBooks auto data recovery method. Perform the following steps:
- Using the current transaction log file (.TLG) and a copy of the company file, you can simply recreate the lost transaction.
- After that with the copy of the company file and the transaction file you can simply recreate all the transactions barring the last few hours.
Step 2: Use the Current Transaction Log File and Company Log File
- Under this step, you need to create a new folder named QBTest.
- You now have to locate the folder where the company file is saved and open it.
- Now, on the QBtest folder that you have saved, you need to paste the tlg file of the company after copying it.
- Heading forward, you need to locate the QuickBooks auto data recovery folder and open it.
- Under the QBTestfolder, paste the qbw.adr file
- Open the QBtest folder and then on the qbw.adr file, right click and choose the option of rename.
- Now, on the file delete the adr from the end.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Move to the QBtest folder and also open the company file that you saved there.
- Make use of the account register to confirm that all the transactions are there.
- Ascertain that the integrity of the company file run verify utility.
- In case you see that the company file is good, then move the damaged company file to a different location.
- Move the copy from the QBTest to the original location.
Step 3: Use .qbw.adr and .tlg.adr Files
- You need to create a new folder named QBTest
- Furthermore, locate the folder that saves the company file and open it.
- From there you need to locate the folder of QuickBooks auto data recovery and open it.
- Now, on the QBTest folder paste both tlg.adr and .qbw.adr files after copying them.
- You now have to click on the QBTest folder to rename it.
- Remove the adr file.
- On the QBTest folder you will now have a qbw and tlg file
- Click and open QuickBooks desktop.
- Head to the QBTest folder and open the company file that you have saved.
- Use the account register to confirm that all the transactions are there.
- Ensure that the integrity of the company file by running verify utility.
- Check if you see the company file is good, then move the damage file to another location.
- And move the copy from the folder to original folder.
Wrapping it up!
Recovering the lost data file from a hard drive in QuickBooks becomes super easy, once you perform the right set of steps. Despite that if you are stuck at any point of time or if you need our assistance at any moment, then do not hesitate in connecting with our Axpert Advisors tech personnel using our helpline. Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support geeks will ensure to take over the situation for you and deal with it successfully.