Here is how you can clean install or re-install QuickBooks for your Windows computer
QuickBooks Clean Install is useful method in fixing a wide range of issues that may damage performance of QuickBooks Desktop or company file issues. However, just a basic re-install doesn’t re-address the issues. To fix these errors, you should ‘un-Install‘ QuickBooks desktop for windows and then rename the company files, and afterward, Re-install the program. This whole procedure is known as ‘Clean Install‘ or ‘Clean Uninstall‘ of QuickBooks.
Please note that to perform the clean installation of QuickBooks desktop you must have QuickBooks desktop download file or QuickBooks installation CD alongside the license number accessible before you play out an ‘Un-establishment‘ process.
You may also read: Fix Company File and Network Errors with QuickBooks File Doctor
What is QuickBooks clean install?
QuickBooks clean install tool is basically a repairing tool that is generally used to fix the damaged in the QuickBooks damage file. There can be issues that might not get resolved only by re-installing QuickBooks desktop. Such issues are generally resolved by uninstalling QuickBooks, retitle the installed files and then reinstalling the same again. This complete process is named as clean install of QuickBooks desktop and is can be performed with the help of clean install tool.
Points to remember
Before you uninstall the QuickBooks software, there are certain points that you need to keep in mind.
The points to remember are as follows:
- Having the installation CD and license number or the downloaded file that are available on the desktop is one of the essential points.
- Also, you need to backup the company data file because there are chances for the data loss.
Prior steps to be performed
Before you start with the actual steps to for running clean install tool. Make sure to perform the below steps:
Step 1: Ascertain that clean install is right for you
In case you haven’t already, then you simply have to do a basic reinstall of QuickBooks desktop. A basic re-install is a simple process that might resolve the issue in a few cases. If that doesn’t work, then you need to perform a clean install QuickBooks desktop on each system you are facing issues with. Note that clean install generally do not affect the company data.
Step 2: Gather information and backup the data
- You need to initially download a new install file for your version of QuickBooks. This way you might be sure to get the latest updates for your version.
- Ensure to have a license number handy. Note that on the original packaging or the purchase confirmation email if you bought a digital version.
- Note down the product year and version.
- It is recommended to get all the info from your account management portal.
- In case you haven’t already, then ascertain to backup the company file to save the work.
Methods to perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
The repair tool for the complete ‘Clean Install of QuickBooks‘ procedure incorporates an ‘Uninstall, renaming QuickBooks company file(s) and Re-installing QB Desktop. Following are the step-by-step guide to perform uninstalling and reinstalling of QuickBooks:
Method 1: QuickBooks Desktop Un-Installation
- At first, press ‘Windows+R‘ keys on the keyboard to open ‘RUN‘ command.
- After that click on ‘Control Panel‘ and then Press OK.
- Now select ‘Program and Features‘ option.
- Open Programs list, hit a click on QuickBooks and then Uninstall.
- Next, follow the online instructions to complete the procedure.
Method 2: Rename the folders of installation
Post uninstalling QuickBooks, the next step is renaming the folders through ‘Clean Install Tool QuickBooks.‘ You can also rename the QuickBooks Installation folders manually.
Step 1: Download and RUN the QuickBooks clean Install tool
After you have renamed the folders, download and run QuickBooks clean Install tool. Here is how you can perform this step.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Open ‘QuickBooks Clean Install exe.‘
- Select ‘I Accept‘ that is composed on license agreement.
- Select ‘QuickBooks desktop version‘ and then ‘Continue.’
- Press ‘OK‘ button when a message box that reads QuickBooks is prepared to complete a ‘Clean Install,’ appears and you can install this to the default index.
Step 2: Manually rename QuickBooks desktop Installation Folders
Next, you can rename the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders‘ to show the hidden files and after that rename the ‘folder location,’ listed for the MS Windows version. Add ‘OLD’ at the end of the name of the folder. With this activity, you will maintain a strategic distance from QuickBooks from perceiving the folder while you make another one.
Step 3: On the off chance that you see the mistake, which says – ‘The Access Denied while the Renaming the folders’
The following steps will assist you get rid of the above situation:
- On the ‘Windows Taskbar’, right-click and select ‘Task Manager‘
- Go to the ‘Processes tab‘ and select ‘Image name column header‘ to unravel the processes alphabetically.
- Select ‘QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe , and hit ‘End Process’.
- Select ‘YES‘ when you receive a warning message box.
Method 3: Complete a Re-Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
The final step to uninstall and reinstall process is to download and install QuickBooks desktop. The progression finishes the QuickBooks Clean Install process.
We hope that you find this article help you complete clean installation of QuickBooks desktop for Windows. But in case you face any issue, you can always contact our 24×7 QuickBooks Support team at 1-800-615-2347 and speak to certified experts.
Other helpful articles: