Here is how you can clean installation of QuickBooks(or re-install) for your Windows computer
QuickBooks Clean Install is a valuable method employed for fixing a wide range of issues that may damage the performance of the QuickBooks Desktop or company file issues. However, just a basic re-install doesn’t re-address the issues. To fix these errors, you should ‘un-Install‘ QuickBooks desktop for windows and then rename the company files, and afterward, Re-install the program. This whole procedure is known as ‘Clean Install‘ or ‘Clean Uninstall‘ of QuickBooks.
Please note that to perform the clean installation of the QuickBooks desktop you must have the QuickBooks desktop download file or QuickBooks installation CD alongside the license number accessible before you play out an ‘Un-establishment‘ process.
You may also read: Fix Company File and Network Errors with QuickBooks File Doctor
What is the utility of the QuickBooks clean install?
QuickBooks clean install tool is basically a repairing tool that is generally used to fix the damaged in the QuickBooks damage file. There can be issues that might not get resolved only by re-installing the QuickBooks desktop. Such issues are generally resolved by uninstalling QuickBooks, retitling the installed files, and then reinstalling the same again. This complete process is named clean installation of QuickBooks desktop and can be performed with the help of the clean install tool.
Points to remember
Before you uninstall the QuickBooks software, there are certain points that you need to keep in mind.
The points to remember are as follows:
- Having the installation CD and license number or the downloaded file that are available on the desktop is one of the essential points.
- Also, you need to back up the company data file because there are chances of data loss.
Prior steps to be performed
Before you start with the actual steps for running a clean install tool. Make sure to perform the below steps:
Step 1: Ascertain that a clean installation of QuickBooks is right for you
In case you haven’t already, then you simply have to do a basic reinstall of the QuickBooks desktop. A basic re-install is a simple process that might resolve the issue in a few cases. If that doesn’t work, then you need to perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop on each system you are facing issues with. Note that a clean installation of QuickBooks generally does not affect the company data.
Step 2: Gather information and backup the data
- You need to initially download a new install file for your version of QuickBooks. This way you might be sure to get the latest updates for your version.
- Ensure to have a license number handy. Note that on the original packaging or the purchase confirmation email if you bought a digital version.
- Note down the product year and version.
- It is recommended to get all the info from your account management portal.
- In case you haven’t already, then ascertain to back up the company file to save the work.
Methods to perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
The repair tool for the complete ‘Clean Install of QuickBooks‘ procedure incorporates an ‘Uninstall, renaming QuickBooks company file(s) and Re-installing QB Desktop. Following is the step-by-step guide to performing uninstalling and reinstalling of the QuickBooks software:
Method 1: QuickBooks Desktop Un-Installation
- At first, hit the ‘Windows+R‘ keys on the keyboard to show up the ‘RUN‘ command.
- After that tap on ‘Control Panel‘ and then hit on OK.
- Now opt for the ‘Program and Features‘ option.
- Open the Programs list, hit a click on QuickBooks and then Uninstall.
- Next, follow the online instructions to complete the procedure.
Method 2: Rename the folders of installation
Post uninstalling QuickBooks, the next step is renaming the folders through ‘Clean Install Tool QuickBooks.‘ You can also rename the QuickBooks Installation folders manually.
Step 1: Download and RUN the QuickBooks clean Install tool
After you have renamed the folders, download and run QuickBooks clean Install tool. Here is how you can perform this step.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Launch the ‘QuickBooks Clean Install .exe file.’
- Choose ‘I Accept’ that is composed on the license agreement.
- Hit on the ‘QuickBooks desktop version‘ and then opt for ‘Continue.’
- Now, hit on the ‘OK‘ button when a message box that reads QuickBooks is prepared to complete a ‘Clean Install,’ appears and you can install this to the default index.
Step 2: Manually rename QuickBooks desktop Installation Folders
Next, you can rename the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders‘ to show the hidden files and after that rename the ‘folder location,’ listed for the MS Windows version. Add ‘OLD’ at the end of the name of the folder. With this activity, you will maintain a strategic distance from QuickBooks from perceiving the folder while you make another one.
Step 3: On the off chance that you see the mistake, which says – ‘The Access Denied while the Renaming the folders’
The following steps will assist you to get rid of the above situation:
- On the ‘Windows Taskbar’, right-click and choose the ‘Task Manager‘
- Head to the ‘Processes tab‘ and choose the ‘Image name column header‘ to unravel the processes alphabetically.
- Hit on ‘QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe , and then tap on ‘End Process’.
- Opt for ‘YES‘ when you receive a warning message box.
Method 3: Complete a Re-Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
The final step in to uninstall and reinstall process is to download and install QuickBooks desktop. The progression finishes the QuickBooks Clean Install process.
We hope that this article helps you complete the clean installation of QuickBooks desktop for Windows. But in case you face any issues, you can always contact our 24×7 QuickBooks Support team and speak to certified experts. Our certified experts are always ready to offer you any kind of assistance that aims at fixing the numerous issues confronted while operating the QuickBooks software.
Other helpful articles: