Discover the easiest steps to update QuickBooks Desktop to latest release version:
QuickBooks is one of the most suitable accounting software till date that helps you attain your business goals efficiently. Still, certain parts are tricky to use in QuickBooks software. One of such things is updating your QuickBooks desktop to the latest version. This is not an error, but at times it can be very annoying. These updates are also known as maintenance releases or patches. If you are someone who is newly introduced to the world of QuickBooks desktop, then you’ll automatically get the latest version of QuickBooks. On the contrary, if you’re a user, things can be tricky as you need to update every time there’s a new service or feature-related in the market.
What rolls in with QuickBooks desktop latest release?
Note: It is important to download every available update, in order to enjoy amazing new features and functionalities.
QuickBooks is an overflow of goodness that comes with slightly tricky features here and there. In order to help you learn how to update the QuickBooks desktop, we have curated this article for you that will smoothly solve all your hindrances by the end. So, if you’re looking to update your QuickBooks desktop, go through this article thoroughly and find more productive ways to enhance your business performance. As per the QB experts, the new QuickBooks desktop features comes with new ways of learning along with demonstrations that showcase the use of QuickBooks Desktop. Also, this edition spotlights a few more features including:
- Easy version upgrades
- Condensed data file optimization
- Customer invoice history tracker
You may read also: What to do When QuickBooks File Doctor Crashes or Not Working?
How to check whether your QuickBooks desktop is updated?
Updating QuickBooks involves various methods, the first one is automatic and the other one is using the manual method. Before you choose for any of the methods, it is recommended to check whether there are any updates installed or not. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then press Ctrl + 1 or F2 key on the keyboard, in order to reach to the Product Information window.
- After that, on the product information window, you need to check the version and latest release of the QuickBooks patch.
- The last step is to compare the latest version of QuickBooks patch.
Why Update is important?
It’s necessary to update QuickBooks to the latest release, as technology is transforming every day and everyone wants to be updated. Updated technology helps to increase and control your business easily. The latest release of QuickBooks has many new features that can help the users to grow their business. Many users get worried about updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release and version but, this article will help you learn everything about QB update. You will learn the installation process, steps and possible error with fixes. You can also take help from our dedicated support team to get an immediate help and advice’s.
How can you update the QuickBooks desktop?
Multiple options are used to update your QuickBooks desktop to make sure you have great internet speed and a supportive connection. So, here we go:
- Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
- On-Demand Update Method
- Release Download
- Do Manual QuickBooks Updates
Let’s dive in and read these methods in detail.
Once the QuickBooks updates are successfully downloaded, QuickBooks automatically install the all important files to the right location on your computer.
Step 1: Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
This method of updating is pretty simple and quick as it automatically finds out the new updates from the server and then downloads them when you’re not using QuickBooks or otherwise surfing the internet. However, you have the choice to either disable the automatic update or keep it running as usual. Steps to enable and disable automatic QuickBooks update option:
It should be noted that this feature or setting of QuickBooks can be disabled, in case you don’t want QuickBooks to update automatically. For the ones who are not aware of how to disable the automatic update, we have jotted down the steps to disable this feature. Let us have a look:
- Click on the “Help menu” and select “Update QuickBooks.”
- Once the update window has opened, select the “Options” tab.
- Choose “Yes” to turn on the automatic QuickBooks and “No” to disable it.
- Save the changes and select “Close.”
This process will automatically download any new releases in the future.
Schedule future automatic updates
If you don’t want to download updates now, then you can schedule them to download later on. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, visit the help menu and then select update QuickBooks.
- And then, move to the options tab.
- The next step is to select yes to turn on automatic updates.
- The last step is to select Close.
Step 2: Immediate Update Method
Through the immediate update method, you can immediately download QuickBooks updates to your computer from the server. Also, make sure to keep an eye on the latest download at least once a month. Steps to check if any new releases are available or not:
- Firstly, select the “Help menu” and go on “Update QuickBooks.”
- Select the “Update Now” tab and navigate the updates you want to add.
- Click on “Get updates” to find more new releases.
- Click on the “Maintenance releases” link to show up a new page mentioning all the “Changes and improvements” in the update.
- Switch off and switch on the QuickBooks software immediately.
- A window asking you to download the updates will appear; click on the Yes tab to confirm the updates.
- Restart your computer to enjoy the newly released QuickBooks.
Step 3: Release Download
If you don’t want to rely on the above two methods, the next option you opt for is to download and install the available updates. Make sure to download all the available copies of QuickBooks; otherwise, you may encounter bugs while opening the company file.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier multi-user mode
To use QuickBooks Pro and Premier in multi-user mode, connect the computer to the internet and install the updates on the computers. You can also choose to download it on one system and share it on all other systems.
Steps for sharing the latest QuickBooks updates:
- Click on the “Shared file” and go to the “Help” menu.
- Go to the “Update QuickBooks.”
- Click on “Options”
- To share downloads, select the “Yes” tab.
- Select “Save” to complete the process.
Steps to upgrade new QuickBooks desktop:
- Select the “Latest versions of QuickBooks.”
- Click on “File menu” and open or “Restore the company.”
- Select on the “Company file” tab and then “Next.”
- Select the “Data file” to open it.
In case the company’s file window opens, do as following:
- Go through the content in the “Update company file for the new version.”
- Check and understand the given updates.
- Select “Update Now.”
- Make up a backup file by following the same instructions.
- Move onto the newer version of QuickBooks and select “Yes” to “Do you want to continue?”
Step 4: Manual QuickBooks Update
- Close your company file and shut QuickBooks desktop.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and select “Run as administrator.”
- While on the “No company open” screen, move to “Help menu” and click on “Update the QuickBooks desktop.”
- Click on the “Options” tab, go to “Select All,” and then press “Save.”
- Open the “Update now” tab to select the “Reset updates.”
- Hit “Yes” when you’re ready.
Concluding the Post!
By now, you must be aware of how to update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. If you face any sort of difficulty, it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team of experts and get all your queries answered. In case you still have queries, get in touch with our team of accounting experts for technical assistance.