Discover the easiest steps to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version:
QuickBooks is one of the most exceptional accounting software in present times that has successfully aided business owners to reach their business goals efficiently. Notwithstanding the benefits that the software has offered, we cannot neglect the fact that certain operations and functionalities of the QuickBooks software are quite complex and get even more tedious if an out-to-date version of the software is employed. As such, it becomes mandatory to get your favorite accounting software updated quite often.
In this article, we shall be diving into greater depth to unravel the procedure needed for updating your QuickBooks desktop to the latest version. Although this is not an error, the process can be quite intricate for new users or for users who aren’t adept at the technical complexities involved in computers. These QuickBooks updates are also known as maintenance releases or patches. If you are someone who is newly introduced to the world of QuickBooks desktop, then you’ll automatically get the latest version of QuickBooks. On the contrary, if you’re a user, things can be tricky as you need to update every time there’s a new service or feature-related in the market.
You may read also: What to do When QuickBooks File Doctor Crashes or Not Working?
What Rolls in with the Latest Release of the QuickBooks Desktop?
Note: It is important to download every available update, in order to enjoy amazing new features and functionalities.
QuickBooks is an overflow of goodness that comes with slightly tricky features here and there. In order to help you learn how to update the QuickBooks desktop, we have curated this article for you that will smoothly solve all your hindrances by the end. So, if you’re looking to updating your QuickBooks desktop to latest version, go through this article thoroughly and find more productive ways to enhance your business performance. As per revered experts, the new QuickBooks desktop features come with new ways of learning along with demonstrations that showcase the use of QuickBooks desktop. Also, this edition spotlights a few more features including:
- Easy version upgrades
- Condensed data file optimization
- Customer invoice history tracker
How to Check Whether your QuickBooks Desktop is already Updated to the Latest Release?
Before embarking onto the walkway of updating QuickBooks Desktop, the first prerequisite is that the users need to check if there is any requirement of updating QuickBooks. This can be ascertained by following the guidelines below:
- To begin with, you need to launch QuickBooks and then push the Ctrl + 1 keys or the F2 key on the keyboard, in order to reach the Product Information window.
- After that, on the Product information window, you need to check the version and latest release of the QuickBooks patch.
- The last step is to compare the latest version of the QuickBooks patch.
What Makes the Update Process so important?
It’s necessary to update QuickBooks to the latest release, as technology is transforming every day, and everyone wants to be updated. Updated technology enables you to enhance and control your business easily. The latest release of QuickBooks has many new features that can help users to provide a fillip to their businesses. Many users get worried about updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release and version but this article will help you learn everything about QuickBooks updates. You will get apprised of the installation process, steps and possible errors confronted while updating, along with fixes. Summing up, the need to update QuickBooks software is indispensable, for the latest updates come with various features which encompass the following:
- The tedious process of managing and coordinating user roles has now become a cakewalk.
- Recent updates are equipped with unfathomable improvements that enhance the overall experience of online banking.
- The creation of an additional admin for the software is now a possibility, thanks to the enhancements in the EFA.
- The process of Tax filing is now easier, and the new updates are equipped with new forms that can be filled via the online mode and can be printed conveniently.
- Improvements in online banking
- Including a myriad of other benefits.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and Enterprise to Latest Release
Different approaches can be followed to update QuickBooks Desktop. Pertinently, users should ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity, and they should also ensure that no security program in the background is causing any hindrance to the update process. Upon double-checking these requirements, users can abide by any of the following methods to accomplish QuickBooks updates:
- Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
- On-Demand Update Method
- Release Download
- Do Manual QuickBooks Updates
- Download the updates from the Internet manually (Optional)
Let’s dive in and read these methods in detail.
Once the QuickBooks updates are successfully downloaded, QuickBooks automatically installs all important files to the right location on your computer.
Method 1: Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
This method of updating is pretty simple and quick as it automatically finds out the new updates from the server and then downloads them when you’re not using QuickBooks or otherwise surfing the internet. However, you have the choice to either disable the automatic update or keep it running as usual. Steps to enable and disable the automatic QuickBooks update option:
It should be noted that this feature or setting of QuickBooks can be disabled in case you don’t want QuickBooks to update automatically. For the ones who are not aware of how to disable the automatic update, we have jotted down the steps to disable this feature. Let us have a look:
- Tap on the “Help menu” and opt for “Update QuickBooks.”
- Once the update window has opened, tap on the “Options” tab.
- Choose “Yes” to turn on the automatic QuickBooks and “No” to disable it.
- Save the changes and choose “Close.”
This process will automatically download any new releases in the future.
Schedule future automatic updates.
If you don’t want to download updates now, then you can schedule them to download later on. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, visit the Help menu and then opt for the Update QuickBooks option.
- And then, move to the Options tab.
- Next step is to tap on Yes to turn on Automatic updates.
- The last step is to hit on Close.
Method 2: Immediate Update Method
This procedure of updating QuickBooks is expeditious as it facilitates an immediate and uninterrupted downloading of recent updates. The steps that need to be followed for this quick method are:
- Firstly, head for the “Help menu” and tap on the “Update QuickBooks.”
- Hit the “Update Now” tab and navigate the updates you want to add.
- Hit on “Get updates” to find more new releases.
- Tap on the “Maintenance releases” link to show up a new page mentioning all the “Changes and improvements” in the update.
- Switch off and switch on the QuickBooks software immediately.
- A window asking you to download the updates will appear; click on the Yes tab to confirm the updates.
- Restart your computer to enjoy the newly released QuickBooks.
Method 3: Release Download
One viable avenue to update QuickBooks Desktop requires users to go for the downloading and installing of the available updates of QuickBooks manually.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier in multi-user mode
Users can opt for downloading the QuickBooks updates on one PC and afterwards, share the same on other computer systems.
Steps for sharing the latest QuickBooks updates:
- Hit on the “Shared file” and head for the “Help” menu.
- Go to the “Update QuickBooks.”
- Hit on “Options”
- To share downloads, choose the “Yes” tab.
- Tap on “Save” to complete the process.
Steps to upgrade new QuickBooks desktop company file:
- Choose the “Latest versions of QuickBooks.”
- Hit on the “File menu” and proceed to ”Open or Restore the company.”
- Now, hit on the “Company file” tab and then “Next.”
- Finally, tap on the “Data file” to open it.
What should I do if the company file does not open?
In case the company’s file window opens, do as following:
- Go through the content in the “Update company file for the new version.”
- Check and understand the given updates.
- Tap on “Update Now.”
- Make up a backup file by following the same instructions.
- Move on to the newer version of QuickBooks and hit on “Yes” to “Do you want to continue?”
Method 4: Manual QuickBooks Update
- Close your company file and shut QuickBooks desktop.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and hit on the “Run as administrator” option.
- While on the “No company open” screen, move to the “Help menu” and hit on the “Update the QuickBooks desktop.”
- Head for the “Options” tab, then go to “Select All,” and then tap on “Save.”
- Open the “Update now” tab to choose the “Reset updates.”
- Hit “Yes” when you’re ready.
Method 5: Download the updates from the Internet manually [Optional]
- To begin with, navigate to the official website of Intuit.
- Therein, you are required to Access the Downloads and Updates page.
- Choose your country from the Select Country option.
- Then opt for your product from the dropdown list of the Select product option.
- Finally, choose the Version of the QuickBooks software from the dropdown that shows after tapping the Version option.
- Hit on Search tab.
- Finally, hit on the Search Updates tab.
- Now, download the file and save it to a convenient location on your computer.
- Finally, double-tap on the downloaded file to initiate the process of installing the update.
See it also: How to Fix Error Code 401 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Concluding the Article!
By now, you must be aware of how to update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. If you face any sort of difficulty, it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team of experts and get all your queries answered. In case you still have queries, get in touch with our team of accounting experts via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347 for technical assistance.