Are you in pursuit to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop, but are still wandering in search of the walkthrough? If that is what you are looking for, then, we assure you that you are at the perfect spot. The Quickbooks software is undoubtedly proving itself as the forerunner in the accounting sector by creating a boom in businesses of various kinds. The software has an unmeasurable outreach of features and utilities.
Being a user-friendly software, Quickbooks offers its users multiple facilities, which involve the leverage to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop and subsequently work on them. The QuickBooks accounting software will pull the information from the receipt and match it with an existing transaction, after which it will be possible for you to review and approve the match. To know the process of uploading receipts to QuickBooks desktop pro, plus, premier plus or enterprise, make sure to read this segment till the end.
Procedure to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop pro plus, premier plus, or enterprise
You can perform the below steps, so as to upload the receipts to QuickBooks successfully.
Step 1: Adding the receipts to Quickbooks software
You are required to ensure to not upload any sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, or health information.
Easy process to Upload receipts using QuickBooks desktop
Below is the process that you can follow to upload PDFs or images of the receipt to the QuickBooks desktop. The most important point that you should consider is that if you are using PDFs, you can only have one receipt per page.
- Start off by heading to the vendor menu, and choose the receipt management tab.
- Opt for the intuit account that you use for the company file.
- Also, note that if you don’t have permission for accessing the company file or the account isn’t associated with one, then you can carry out the necessary steps for the same.
- Now, drag and drop the receipts into QuickBooks or pick browse to upload, and choose the receipts.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Uploading receipts from QuickBooks desktop to IOS mobile app
The most important point to be noted here is that the QuickBooks desktop supports PDF’s and images with JPEG, JPG, GIF, or PNG format. In case you make use of newer iPhone or iPad, then you might have HEIC format images. Below are the steps to convert existing images to compatible format.
- Sign in to the Intuit account from the QuickBooks desktop app, and opt for the company file to upload the receipts to.
- Hit on the company file to upload the receipts and then tap on the continue tab.
- You are then supposed to tap on the capture receipt.
- Tap on the camera icon for taking picture of the receipt or tap the photos icon to upload the receipt. In case you require, crop and rotate the photo.
- Next, hit a click on use this photo option.
- Add a name and memo, further hitting a hit on the upload photo and OK tabs respectively.
- End the process by signing in to the QuickBooks desktop company file to review, edit, and match the receipts to transactions.
Steps to upload your receipts from QuickBooks desktop to the android mobile app
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks desktop android app and hit on receipt snap.
- Further, tap on continue after tapping on the company to upload receipts.
- Tap on capture receipt.
- Hit on the camera icon to take a picture of the receipt or tap on the photos icon to upload the receipt Just in case if you require, crop and rotate the picture.
- Tap on use this photo option.
- Enter name and memo, and head for the upload photo and OK tabs respectively.
- Opt for the company to upload the receipts after signing in to the intuit account.
- You will need to do this once.
- Sign in to the QuickBooks desktop company file to review it, edit and match the receipts to transactions.
Emailing receipts to QuickBooks desktop
Emailing PDFs or images of the receipt to the QuickBooks company file is possible with the steps below:
Step 1: Creating a custom email address
- Head to the vendor menu and choose receipt management.
- Go for the intuit account you use for the company file.
- Also, note that if you don’t have permission to access the company file or the account isn’t associated with one, then you can perform the necessary steps.
- Go for the send receipts option.
- Pick a custom email address you will email receipts to. This will end in and further choose the create option.
After you confirm the email address, the list of all the users who form a part of the intuit account will be shown to you. Where you can manage the users who can email the receipts with the help of the toggle tab.
Step 2: Emailing images of receipts to QuickBooks desktop
It should be noted that you can send multiple receipt images in one email, as long as the email size is under 20 MB.
- Opt for a picture of the receipt on the mobile. Note that the photo you hit should be on PDF, JPEG, JPG, GIF, or PNG format.
- Ensure that each image or file contains only one receipt.
- Emailing the image to the custom email address. This might take a few minutes.
QuickBooks accounting software will automatically pull the date, amount, vendor, and the last four digits of the credit card from the image. Just in case you are uploading multiple receipts, then edit or delete them in a batch:
- Head for the receipts and choose batch action.
- Go for either edit or delete, if you wish to delete the receipts.
- In case you go for the edit tab, make the edits to the vendor name, account, bank/card details, and date of the transactions.
- Pick the save tab.
Reviewing, editing and matching the receipts to the transaction
After you upload the expense receipts in QuickBooks desktop, they will show up in the for-review tab. This is where you can review, edit, or match the transactions to the register.
- Choose the vendor menu and head for the receipt management option.
- Opt for the review tab and pick the refresh icon to see the receipts.
- Choose a small arrow from the receipt and choose review.
- In case the receipt matches the transaction, then go for the attach tab.
- Or if the match is incorrect, then choose remove match then create a new transaction.
- Hit the OK tab to finish the process.
This was all you should take into consideration for uploading receipts to QuickBooks desktop pro, plus, enterprise, etc. As always, if you have any queries or concerns, call our QuickBooks Support team for assistance! Our certified accounting professionals are always ready to assist you and fix the errors for you in the least possible time. Our QuickBooks experts can be contacted via the helpline 1-800-615-2347.
Other helpful topics: