Learn how you can fix QuickBooks error 1618 when Another program is being updated
It is quite common to experience errors when working on the QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks error code 1618 is one such error faced by users, that can be pretty much annoying. Fortunately, there are many ways to solve this problem. You might come across this issue when trying to install QuickBooks desktop on the system. In this write-up, we unravel the most effective solutions to rectify the QuickBooks error code 1618. So, if you are willing to get this error wiped off from your system, make sure to stick to this article till its conclusion.
If you aren’t interested in manually implementing the corrective techniques, then contacting our QuickBooks support professionals through the tech helpline would be of great assistance to you.
Rudimentary overview of the QuickBooks error code 1618
|Feature Transfer Error||Error code: 1618|
|Error description:||There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime library (Error 1618)|
|Error 1618:||ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING error message when you run the setup program to install QuickBooks programs|
|Symptoms:||Active program window crashes, system crashes, slow Windows performance, incomplete install process|
|Quick solution:||Create a backup of the Windows registry|
You might see the following error message on your computer screen:
Major reasons that cause the QuickBooks error code 1618
Getting yourself to know the principal causes behind the QuickBooks error code 1618 becomes necessary as this way you would get to choose the appropriate solution for rectifying the error. So let us sail you through the several factors that lead to the error code.
- Virus-infected QB-related files or Windows system files.
- Corrupted QuickBooks software installation.
- QuickBooks-related program file deleted.
- Or due to corrupted Windows registry.
You may also see: How to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077?
Easy Walkways for Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 1618
Now you know how perilous error 1618 can be, let’s now throw some intense light on the various methods to troubleshoot the error code 1618 in QuickBooks. Here are some easy walkways that you should try out.
Walkway 1: Reinstall the Microsoft runtime libraries
- You need to initially download the MS visual C++ redistributable package.
- For a 32-bit system, head for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable package (x86).
- You may choose the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package if you are using a 64-bit system.
- Save the downloaded package to the easily accessible location.
- Now, opt for the vcredit_X86.exe or vcredit_X64.exe, depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit Operating system.
- Perform the on-screen measures.
- Finally, reboot the system and reinstall QuickBooks.
Walkway 2: Close MSIEXEC.EXE running in the background
- Open task manager by hitting on the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys.
- Head to the Processes tab and sort the processes in alphabetical order.
- Pick MSIEXEC.EXE and hit on End process tab.
- Close the task manager window and try installing QuickBooks.
Walkway 3: Update the Windows Installer
- Initially, log in to your computer as a system admin.
- Look for the Windows installer and check if it is updated.
- To check the same, head to My computer and navigate to C:\WINDOWS\System32
- Right-click the .exe file.
- Go for the Properties tab and check the version.
- You will now find all the necessary information related to the Windows installer’s version.
- Update the QuickBooks software and then restart the system.
Walkway 4: Create backup for the Windows registry
- Initially, hit on the Start tab from the Windows taskbar.
- Then, launch the Run command using the Windows + R keys.
- Now, type in ‘Regedit’ and hit on the OK tab
- Head to visit My computer option and open the File menu and Export option.
- Opt for all Option in the Export range.
- Save the Created registry backup on the desktop and Delete the keys
- Note the fact that the deletion of the keys will delete the subkeys as well.
Related Post: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Walkway 5: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- You need to first close all open applications and also close QuickBooks desktop.
- Furthermore, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub file and store it in an easily accessible location.
- Open up the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and install the same.
- Ascertain that the installation completes successfully.
- Once installed, launch the tool hub by double-clicking on its desktop icon.
- Move to the tool hub and hit on the Installation issues.
- Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it fix the issue.
Walkway 6: Update Windows
If the aforementioned walkways didn’t serve your purpose, then it is advisable to opt for updating your Windows. for this, you are required to follow the steps provided below:
- Hit on the Start button by right-clicking on it and then choose Settings.
- Hit on Update and Security.
- Thereafter, opt for the Windows Update tab.
- Afterward, pick the Check for Updates option.
- If updates are available for download, the download process will begin immediately.
- Restart your computer and let the updates install. The process may take a while.
- Once accomplished, launch the QuickBooks software and review if the error 1618 got resolved.
We end on a cordial note!
The strategies and walkways listed in this article should be ample for you to fix the QuickBooks error code 1618 quickly. It becomes indispensable that you fix the error code as quickly as possible as this would prevent any further damage to your QuickBooks-related files.
If you aren’t able to eliminate the error even after performing the steps above, then connect with our QuickBooks installation error support professionals and let them remove the error from its root cause.