Learn how you can fix QuickBooks error 1618 when Another program is being updated
We all hate experiencing errors when working smoothly on our accounting software. And suffering from QuickBooks error code 1618 can be pretty much annoying. Fortunately, there are many ways to solve this problem. You might come across this issue when trying to install QuickBooks desktop on the system. With this write-up, we present you with the most effective solutions to implement to fix QuickBooks error code 1618. So, if the write up and preceding paragraphs got you interested, then keep reading.
If you aren’t interested in manually implementing the corrective techniques, then contacting our support professionals using our tech support line would be a great option for you.
Brief into QuickBooks error code 1618
Error code: 1618
Error description: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime library (Error 1618)
Error 1618: ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING error message when you run the setup program to install QuickBooks programs
Software: QuickBooks Desktop
Symptoms: Active program window crashes, system crashes, slow windows performance, incomplete install process
Quick solution: Create a backup of the windows registry
Reasons for experiencing QuickBooks error code 1618
Okay, so you know what these errors are. Now you need to understand what causes error 1618.
- One of the major causes can be QB related files or windows system files being infected due to virus or malware.
- Another reason can be if QuickBooks software installation is corrupted.
- You can also experience similar issue if the QuickBooks related program file got deleted.
- Or the windows registry itself is corrupted.
You may also see: How to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077?
Curative Steps for QuickBooks error code 1618
Now you know how bad 1618 error can be, let’s look at how we can fix them. Here are some solutions you can try.
Technique 1: Reinstall the Microsoft runtime libraries via Microsoft visual C++ redistributable package
- You need to simply download the MS visual C++ redistributable package.
- Go for the package Microsoft visual C++ 2008 redistributable package (x86) for 32 bit system.
- Select Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package for 64 bit system.
- Save the downloaded package on the easily accessible location.
- Change the package as vcredit_X86.exe or vcredit_X64.exe
- Perform on-screen measures.
- Reboot the system and reinstall QuickBooks.
Technique 2: Closing MSIEXEC.EXE running in the background
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys.
- Move to the processes tab and sort the processes in alphabetical order.
- Pick MSIEXEC.EXE and click on end process tab.
- Close the task manager window and try installing QuickBooks.
Technique 3: Update the version of windows installer
- Log in as system admin.
- Look for the windows installer and check if it is updated.
- Head to my computer and open up C:\WINDOWS\System32
- Right click the exe file.
- Go for properties tab and the version.
- You will now find all the information related to the windows installer’s version.
- Update the software.
- Restart the system.
Technique 4: Create backup for the windows registry
- Click on the start tab from the windows taskbar.
- Open run command with windows + R keys.
- Enter in regedit and click on ok tab
- Head to the visit my computer option and open the file menu and export option.
- Select all option in export range.
- Save the created registry backup on the desktop and delete the keys
- Note the fact that the deletion of the keys will delete the sub keys as well.
Technique 5: QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- You need to first close all open applications and also close QuickBooks desktop.
- Furthermore, you need to download QuickBooks tool hub file and store it in an easily accessible location.
- Open up the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and install the same.
- Ascertain that the installation completes.
- Double click the icon.
- Move to the tool hub and select the installation issues.
- Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it fix the issue.
Was this information helpful?
Use the strategies and tools above to fix the QuickBooks error code 1618 quickly. The faster you fix them, the less damage they can do. If you aren’t able eliminate the error even after performing the steps above, then connect with our QuickBooks installation error support professionals and let them remove the error from its root cause.