Learn what to do if you see QuickBooks Error 3371 (Could not initialize license properties):
Stumbled upon QuickBooks Error code 3371? This is a pretty common error that you can run into when reconfiguring the system or setting up the company file. Tackling these technical glitches can be super annoying at times. However, going through this piece of writing will help you in finding out the right fixes to implement for fixing this error.
Scroll through the segment with much care to avoid missing any of the important points. Whereas, if you aren’t interested in investing your time in fixing the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118 issue manually, then contacting our tech geeks using our support line would surely help.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 (Couldn’t Initialize License Properties)?
This error is a common error reported by many users of QuickBooks software. This error may occur due to missing or damage caused to the company file. If you are facing this error then you have reached the right place because in this article we have focused on this error and its causes, alongside a comprehensive section containing all the solutions. When you reconfigure your system or try to activate your QuickBooks desktop for the very first time, then QuickBooks Error message 3371 may be on your display screen.
You may get a warning message showing:
|Error||QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.|
Once you will hit on OK button, it will display you another box showing as – “QuickBooks Fatal Error“
|QuickBooks Fatal Error||QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.|
In order to resolve this error without any hassle or exerting any effort, you can take help from our certified experts. Our technical support team will be pleased to help you out with this error code. Check out the info-graphic below and learn the ways to resolve the ongoing error:
The QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118 shows up in different forms
This error can appear in the following forms:
“Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
“Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
“Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Plausible causes of QuickBooks error code 3371
Let us now check out the possible reasons which incite the error message 3371 in QuickBooks desktop. the error may be caused due to any single factor or may be due to the various causes working together to bring about this error:
- If one or both crucial components of the QuickBooks get corrupted or damaged, in such a situation, it possibly moves from its original location. Usually, those two components are:
- dat: It is one of the essential files present in the QB folder that contains the account’s license information. To check this file, you need to retrieve it while the QuickBooks version opens.
- MSXML Component: The MSXML Component is also a crucial component that makes sure smooth operation.
- Due to the outdated Windows Operating System.
- If the system security program detects QuickBooks files as a threat or virus to the system.
- For Right Networks and QB Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may experience this error if you open the file before you save it.
Check also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code H202
Different Fixes for QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
This section encloses some of the easy, yet effective methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code –11118. In case, you require an instant solution in a short time frame – you can follow the quick manual solution. Follow the below given manual troubleshooting guide to up-stem the error once and for all.
Method 1: Update your Windows system drivers
Ensure that all the Windows updates are installed.
- Firstly, hit on the Windows or Start icon.
- After that, hit on the All Programs icon.
- Navigate to the Windows Update icon.
- Download the Latest Windows update and later, hit on it.
- Later, follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Once it’s successfully done, install the QuickBooks application again.
Method 2: Delete the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ECML’ file
- Make sure that QuickBooks is completely closed.
- Check that no QB-related program or file is operating in the background.
- To see and close the background QB programs, visit the Task Manager.
- Now, hit on the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- After that type ‘C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8‘ in the Run command box.
- Go to the QuickBooks directory, search & open the Entitlement data folder.
- Look for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and Delete this file.
- Once the above steps are done, run the QuickBooks program, and register the product again.
Method 3: Setting up Windows updates
One useful approach to fix Error message 3371 in QuickBooks desktop is by updating Windows. This will update the Windows components to their latest version and will also set up the security updates. The steps include:
- In the beginning, go for the Start menu
- Subsequent step requires typing “Update” and then open Windows Update feature.
- Next, set for the Check For Updates tab.
- As the updates get revealed, mark all of them.
- Afterwards, tap on the Update Now tab and kickstart the update.
- The system shall restart and if it doesn’t, go for a manual system restart.
- The updates will start installing on the system and once they are done, the desktop will load up.
Method 4: Perform a Clean Install QuickBooks
If none of the procedures work, try the QuickBooks Clean Install process. The steps are below:
- At first, visit the Control Panel and from there, choose Programs and Features.
- Now, identify QuickBooks from the list and then choose the Uninstall/Change tab.
- Abide by the instruction and get QuickBooks uninstalled.
- Now, install QuickBooks desktop again and make sure that the compatible version of the program is installed.
- Use the correct license and product keys to activate the program.
Check Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6154?
Method 5: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub program
The QuickBooks tool hub program will assist you in resolving all the license, validation, and registration errors running on QuickBooks Desktop.
1st Step: Run the quick fix my program
- Initially, close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks tool hub (You can download the tool from the official Intuit website).
- Afterward, run the downloaded file.
- Accept and agree to Intuit’s license agreement.
- Thereafter, hit on the Finish tab.
- Double-click the QuickBooks tool hub to open it.
- Choose the Quick fix my program tab from the Program problems tab.
- Hit on the OK tab.
- End the process and open QuickBooks to open the data file.
2nd Step: Launch the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Open Installation issues from the tool hub.
- Thereafter, choose the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Launch the tool and let it run and fix any issues.
- Note that the process might take some time to complete.
- End the process by rebooting the system.
3rd Step: Run 3371 error fix
- Double click the icon on the Windows desktop and open the tool hub.
- Choose the Installation issues tab.
- Hit on the 3371 error fix.
- Finally hit on the OK tab and start QuickBooks and open the company file.
Method 6: Terminate all running QB-related processes
- Herein, you are required to initially close QuickBooks.
- Also, close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Type in ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8‘ in the Run window and hit the OK tab.
- Now, open the Task manager.
- Move the tab named Processes and find all QBW32.exe instances.
- Choose each instance individually and hit on the end task option.
- You now have to Remove the entitlementDataStore.ecml file and open the QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS038?
Method 7: Uninstall and Reset MSXML
Some corruption in the Windows components can also embolden QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118. To get this thwarted, perform the steps below:
- The first move is to head to the Control Panel.
- Therein, make a move for Programs and Features tab.
- upon clicking on this tab, a long list of installed apps will appear. Search for MSXML and .NET Framework programs and get them uninstalled by clicking on Uninstall/Change tab.
- Then, proceed by clicking on the Repair tab to get these components removed.
- Although there is another option of repairing the file, but it is better to uninstall the components and install the compatible versions of these components from the official website of Microsoft.
Hopefully, this segment would be useful for you to understand and fix QuickBooks Error code 3371. However, In any case, if you need immediate QuickBooks help or support for this particular error or any other QB-related issue, you can contact our Intuit-certified professionals via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347. We comprise a US-based team of qualified professionals who have devoted themselves to the field for several years and have served clients on a global level.
You may also like: