Learn what to do if you see QuickBooks Error 3371: Status code 1118:
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118? This is a pretty common error that you can ran into, when reconfiguring the system or setting up the company file. Tackling these technical glitches can be super annoying at times. However, going through this piece of writing will help you in finding out the right fixes to implement for fixing QuickBooks error code 3371.
Scroll through the segment with much care to avoid missing any of the important points. Whereas, if you aren’t interested in investing your time in fixing the issue manually, then contacting our tech geeks using our support line would surely help.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks error code 3371 is a common error which is reported by many users in the QB community. This error may occur due to missing or damage of the company file. If you are facing this error then you have reached at the right place because in this article we have focused on this error and it’s causes with the complete solution of it. At the time When you reconfigure your system or try to activate your QuickBooks desktop for the very first time, then QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118 may appear at that time on your computer screen. You may get a warning message showing:
QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
Once you will click on “OK” button, it will display you another box showing as – “QuickBooks Fatal Error“
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
In order to resolve this error by your own you can also take help from our certified experts. Our technical support will be please to help you out in this. Check out the info-graphic and learn the ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 11118.
Variants of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118
Below are the types of errors that could be influenced by a particular error message: –
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
This error code implies that data loaded incorrectly in the QuickBooks account. It means that the QB company files are missing or corrupted.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
It means that QuickBooks version is facing trouble in identifying the license data.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Ensure that all the core QuickBooks desktop files are undamaged. Check that no data corruption exists.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371?
See the possible reasons due to this error code occurs:
- If the one or both crucial components of the QuickBooks gets corrupted or damaged. In this situation, it possibly moves from its original location. Usually, those two components are:
- dat: It is one of the essential file present in the QB folder that contains the account’s license information. To check this file, you need to retrieve it while QuickBooks version opens.
- MSXML Component: MSXML Component is also a crucial component that make sure smooth operation.
- Due to the outdated Windows Operating System.
- If the system security program detects QuickBooks files as a threat or virus to the system.
- For Right Networks and QB Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may experience this error if you open the file before you save it.
Check also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code H202
Fixation of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Here are some of the methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code – 11118. In case, you require instant solution in a short time frame – you can follow the quick manual solution – you can follow the below given manual troubleshooting guide.
Method 1: Update your Windows system drivers
Ensure that all the Windows updates are installed.
- Firstly, hit a click on the “Windows” or “Start” icon.
- Click on the “All Programs” icon.
- Navigate to the “Windows Update” icon.
- Download the Latest Windows update and later, click on it.
- Later, follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Once it’s successfully done, install the QuickBooks application again.
Method 2: Delete the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file:
- Make sure that QuickBooks is completely closed.
- Check that no QB program/file running in the background.
- To see and close the background QB programs, visit the “Task Manager”.
- Now Press Windows+R keys on your keyboard.
- After that type C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 on the run command box.
- Go to the directory, search & open the ‘Entitlement data’ folder.
- Move to the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” file.
- Delete this file.
- Once the above steps done, you need to Run the QuickBooks and Register the product again.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Utilize the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool to resolve the Company file errors and connectivity problems. You can apply the diagnostic tool to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 – it can easily diagnose & repair the company files quickly.
Method 4: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Follow QuickBooks Clean install methods to resolve all the QuickBooks related issues.
Method 5: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub program will help you to resolve all the license, validation, and registration errors which is running on QuickBooks Desktop and it will stop the problem to recreate the damage file.
Step 1: Running quick fix my program
- Close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement.
- Click on Finish tab.
- Double click the QuickBooks tool hub to open it.
- Select the quick fix my program tab from program problems tab.
- Click on ok tab.
- End the process and open QuickBooks to open the data file.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Open installation issues from the tool hub.
- Choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Run it.
- Let the tool run and spot the issue.
- Note that the process might take some time.
- End the process by rebooting the system.
Step 3: Run 3371 error fix
- Double click the icon on the windows desktop and open tool hub.
- Choose installation issues tab.
- Select the 3371 error fix.
- Click on the ok tab and start QuickBooks and open the company file.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS038?
Method 6: Shut all running applications
- Herein, you are required to close QuickBooks.
- Close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Type in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the run window and hit ok tab.
- Open the task manager.
- Move the tab named processes and find all QBW32.exe instances.
- Select end task option.
- You now have to remove the entitlementDataStore.ecml file and open QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Hopefully, this segment would be useful for you to understand and fix QuickBooks Error 3371. However, In any case you need an immediate QuickBooks help or support for this particular error or any other issue – you can contact one of our Intuit certified professionals.
You may also like: