A sudden occurrence of any error in QuickBooks disturbs the entire smooth working procedure and so is the scenario when QuickBooks error code 6190 816 appears on the screen. This particular technical glitch is experienced when more than one user is trying to open a company file in single user mode. The reason behind the occurrence of such an error are many, but what makes the situation a little better is the fact that all errors in QuickBooks can be fixed by performing the related set of steps.
This segment is written with an intent to brief you with the information associated with QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 and also the corrective measures that you can perform. Thus, stick around till the end or connect with our experts in case of any query using our technical support line.
A gist of QuickBooks error 6190 and 816
Error code: 6190, -816
Error description: “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” or “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6190, -816): or “QuickBooks was unable to open the file [path] on the host computer”
Software: Intuit QuickBooks Desktop
Symptoms: Error code appearing on the screen, windows running slowly, system freezes, system crashes, loss of some essential data files, etc.
Quick solution: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
Why does QuickBooks error code 6190 816 appear?
Experiencing QuickBooks error code 6190 816 is common due to the below stated factors:
- One of the main reasons can be if the company files are stored in the read-only network folder.
- If you are trying to access a company file that has already been accessed by another user at the same time.
- Experiencing similar issue is portable file the transaction log file is doesn’t match with the company file.
- If the company file is corrupted.
- You can land into similar issue if the qbw file is being updated on another system but the transaction log file isn’t updated to the latest version.
You may also see: How to Correct QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
Corrective measures to Fix QuickBooks Error codes 6190 and -816
The below corrective steps would surely help you in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 6190 816. Let us explore them in detail.
Measure 1: Changing the name of the .ND and .TLG files
- You need to first open the company files.
- Find the company file. You will see the transaction log file and the company file having the same name but different extensions.
- Rename the company file with qbw.nd file extension.
- Add .OLD at the end of the name.
- Change the name of the files by right clicking the files and selecting the rename tab.
- Avoid deleting the extension that is necessary a part of the name of any files.
- Change the name of the transaction log file with .tlg file extension.
- End the program.
- Open QuickBooks and try to login to the company file.
Measure 2: Updating QuickBooks to latest
- Under this procedure, you need to close the company file and also close QuickBooks.
- Right click QuickBooks and choose run as admin option.
- You will see no company open screen after which you need to head to help menu and select update QuickBooks.
- Navigate towards the options menu and hit mark all.
- Click on save tab.
- Furthermore, head to update now tab.
- Mark the reset update box.
- Go for get updates tab.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
- Select yes tab.
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
Measure 3: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Save the file where you can access it easily.
- Complete the install procedure.
- Open the tool hub.
- Go for QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Let the tool run and detect for the issue.
- In case the tool finds any issue, it will automatically resolve the issue for by applying the corrective measures.
Measure 4: Check for single-user mode
- You are supposed to check for single user mode, as there can be a situation when many users are trying to run the company file, but the software is in single user mode.
- Log out of the QuickBooks software accounts.
- Reboot the systems that are on the network.
- Copy the company data file to the desktop screen of the system.
- Transfer it back to the original position.
- Log in to the QuickBooks account, so as to conclude the procedure.
Note: In the server, install the QuickBooks Database Manager Manager (QBDSM) that stores all the Company files. Then, after the installation process completed- restart the server..!
Measure 5: Use QuickBooks refresher tool
- Close QuickBooks desktop on all systems.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub if not already.
- Install it and open after installation.
- Access QuickBooks refresher tool.
- Click on fix my QuickBooks tab and wait till the process ends.
- After the repair completes, you need to open the QuickBooks desktop and check if you are able to open the company file or not.
Measure 6: Updating Windows
- Head to the start tab.
- Click on the settings and select the update and security tab.
- You now have to open the window update tab.
- Click on check for updates option.
- In case there are any update available, then it will start downloading on its own.
- Re-install QuickBooks after the process ends.
Need further assistance..!
The list of errors experienced in QuickBooks desktop is huge and with this segment, we have tried to answer the queries related to one of the most common error i.e., QuickBooks error code 6190, -816. For any further queries related to the same, or if you experience any other typical error in QuickBooks, get on a call directly with our certified accounting professionals using our 24/7 QuickBooks error support line and leave the rest on the experts.