The QuickBooks error 267 rebuild not working is often seen when the users open an older customer invoice and then view it. When the user tries to close, the dialog box will ask the credential for modification before the closing date.
After performing other activities in QuickBooks, if the user opens the balance sheet, then such an error appears on the desktop screen. If you are also facing this problem, then, in that case, read this article till the end.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 267?
This QuickBooks error code 267 can occur for the following reasons:
- The very first reason can be if the balance sheet was not in balance.
- If the balance sheet reports do not display all accounts.
- If certain discrepancies show up on the report or invoices.
- Another reason can be if the sales tax code is missing from the target.
- If in case the token headers regarding user referred to null.
You might see also: How to Troubleshoot Most Common QuickBooks Payroll Errors?
Steps to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 267
This issue can be resolved using the following methods:
Step 1: Verify the data
- The user needs to first locate Window and click on Close all.
- After that opt for the File and choose the Utilities tab.
- Subsequently, navigate to the Verify data.
- Afterward, the following pointers will show up:
- QuickBooks detected no issue in the data. Also, no further action needed.
- If you see a message specifying data damage.
- You need to perform rebuild data.
- And head to the steps ahead.
Step 2: Rebuild the data
- The very first step is to opt for the file and then hit on the Utilities tab and opt for Rebuild data.
- After that, you will get a warning message.
- Hit the OK tab.
- Later on, take a backup before performing a rebuild because it might include deleting the process of transactions, invoices, or list entries to fix the issue.
- The company file backup ensures that you have a secure company file.
- Afterward, Locate and opt for the location where you wish to save the backup file.
- Hit on the OK tab.
- Choose the No option if you are asked in a dialog box that you wish to replace another backup file.
- The next step is to provide a new name in the field of the file name.
- Hit on the Save tab.
- After the backup fails, choose to Cancel at the prompt named rebuild, or you can seek Payroll help desk support for advice.
- The backup of the rebuild data utility begins.
- Opt for the OK tab.
Step 3: Verify the left damage of data
- The user needs to first locate the file.
- And then hit the Utility tab.
- The next step is to opt for the Verify data option.
- In case found, any extra damage that specifies damage needs manual correction. The user would have to locate the issue within qbwin.log and find the resolution accordingly at the QuickBooks desktop official support site.
- If not, then the user needs to Restore a backup that you created previously.
- Move to the File and then hit the Restore tab.
- When restoring, ensure that he/she doesn’t overwrite the Existing company file.
- The user can manually re-enter the entries.
Step 4: Remove the error 267 by deleting the Invoice and creating a new one
Since a damaged invoice is usually the root cause of QuickBooks error 267, it’s imperative that you delete the incorrect Invoice and start over.
- On the QuickBooks screen, find the Invoice that is having this problem.
- Hit on the More button at the bottom of the screen to open the Invoice window.
- Then, tap on the Delete key, then choose Yes to confirm your choice.
- The erased Invoice must then be recreated.
- Choose Audit Log from the available options by hitting on the Gear symbol up top.
- Hit on “Show only these events, Transactions” under Filter after tapping on it.
- Afterward, hit on the “Deleted transactions” and then choose OK.
- Locate the Invoice that you removed, then hit on the View tab in the History section.
- To duplicate the Invoice, make a note of its specifics.
- When you tap the + New button, hit on Invoice.
- Hit on Save after entering all the necessary invoice information.
Reading this post till the end might have helped the user in fixing the QuickBooks error 267 successfully. But if the error continues for some reason, then in that case, it is suggested to get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team professionals and let them perform the steps for you.
Most helpful topics: