When it comes to QuickBooks desktop, what strikes everyone’s mind is features and functionalities, but what comes along with that is the bunch of errors that are accompanied with those fabulous features and functionalities. One such error that we will be addressing in this piece of writing is QuickBooks error code 6130, 0. This particular error indicates that QuickBooks isn’t able to disconnect from the system on which the file is located. It often occurs when QuickBooks is being operated in multi-user mode.
Get to know a little more about the factors triggering QuickBooks error code 6130 along with the quick fixes for the same, by going through this segment till the end. Or else you can also connect with our tech team using our dedicated support line and they will get back to you with the most effective solutions for your queries.
Early signs to QuickBooks error 6130, 0
These signs can help you in spotting the QuickBooks error 6130:
- One of the basic signs can be if the system freezes repeatedly.
- If the error appears on the screen with the error code itself.
- If the active program window crashes after the error appears on the screen.
- You might also face this issue when the system runs sluggishly.
- If the system crashes when running the same program.
What instigates this QuickBooks error 6130 issue?
The following can be the triggers to QuickBooks error 6130:
- One of the major triggers can be mistakenly deleted QuickBooks-related programs and files.
- If there are corrupted QBW files or Windows system files due to the virus attack.
- Due to an incomplete QuickBooks accounting software installation.
- Another reason can be if the QuickBooks software download is corrupted.
- You can also face the error if there exists a corrupted windows registry.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
You can rely on the following methods, to correct the QuickBooks error 6130. If any method doesn’t help your cause, then without feeling demotivated, jump to the subsequent troubleshooting method. Let us explore together:
Method 1: Use disk cleanup to clean out the system junk
- Under this process, you need to hit Start tab.
- Type in Command in the Search bar.
- Avoid hitting Enter yet.
- You would now have to press and hold Ctrl + Shift keys.
- Hit Enter key.
- Now you will get a permission dialog box where, you need to hit Yes tab.
- Type in cleanmgr in the search bar and hit Enter again.
- The Disk cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the Temporary file and also permits you to remove it.
- Finally, you would have to choose the boxes of the Categories you wish to clean and hit OK tab.
Method 2: Rename your QuickBooks Company file
- You need to first locate the files with .nd and .tlg extension.
- Further, you would have to right-click on the files with .nd and .tlg extensions and hit Rename.
- Moreover, alter the filenames by Adding OLD at the end.
- You also have to open QuickBooks and try to access the files. If the error continues, head to the further processes.
Method 3: Reboot the database service for QuickBooks on the server
- Herein, you are supposed to open Run window on the server system by pressing Windows and R keys.
- Type in ‘Services.msc‘ in the box and hit the Enter key.
- You need to now look for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Moreover, hit on the service and press the Start tab from the left side panel.
- Open the company file and check if the issue is rectified.
Method 4: Repair Windows registries
- You are supposed to hit the Start tab at first.
- Furthermore, type in the Command tab and avoid hitting Enter key.
- Press Ctrl + Shift keys and hit Enter key.
- A permission dialog box will appear.
- Opt for the Yes tab.
- A black box will be seen with a blinking dialog box.
- You will also have to type in ‘regedit’ and hit on the Enter tab.
- Now, in the File menu, choose Export option.
- Head to the Save in list and select a Particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks desktop key.
- Move to the File name box and type the name of the backup file.
- Further, go to the Export range and ensure that select Branch is correct.
- Hit the Save tab.
- The file will get saved with .reg extension
- At last, you would have to have the backup of the QuickBooks related entries.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 503?
Method 5: Use the system restore to undo the recent system changes
- Herein, you need to hit Start tab.
- Furthermore, type in System restore and hit Enter key.
- Click on the System restore option.
- Now, if asked you should enter any Admin password.
- Perform the steps according to the instructions in Wizard ad go for Restore point.
- End the process safely by rebooting the system.
Method 6: Make a new user on windows
- Under this process, you would have to again hit the Start tab,
- Go for the Control panel and choose User accounts.
- Next, opt for Create new user option.
- You also have to check that you have selected the Admin for user type.
- Log out of the Existing user.
- And reboot the system.
- You need to log in to the QuickBooks with the help of the created users.
- Also, save the QuickBooks company file on the desktop.
- Moreover, open QuickBooks again.
- Run the company file.
Method 7: Creating a damaged folder again
- If the above methods didn’t work for you, you can simply open the new folder on C:\ drive
- Furthermore, launch the folder where the company file is saved.
- Place the File therein.
- Also, right-click the .qbw file and hit on the Copy option.
- You need to now Open the new folder and select Paste.
- Further, Share the company files by setting windows access permissions.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks desktop and access file from new location.
Method 8: Opt to uninstall and re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
There might be a chance that the previous methods didn’t work out. In that case, the best avenue is to opt for a clean installation of the software. Proceed as follows:
- Hit on the Start button, then opt for the Programs and Features window.
- Thereafter, double-click on the Control Panel from the menu’s right side.
- Next step is to opt for Programs.
- Then, head to the Programs and Features.
- Find the program that is responsible for Error 6130, 0.
- Select the option related to this error.
- Hit on the Uninstall button in the top menu.
- Wait for the QB software removal process to complete.
- Thereafter, reinstall the software. For this, you will need your product and license keys.
- Once done with the installation, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and verify that the process removed the error.
Concluding this blog with a brief note!
Once you are thorough with the steps discussed above, you should be easily able to chuck off the QuickBooks error code 6130. On the contrary, if you aren’t able to, then in that case get on a call with our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support team. We shall make sure that the error doesn’t bother you next time.