Learn how to restore your lost data files with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery:
Losing data in QuickBooks can be super painful and so is recovering it. To ease the process of recovering the lost data, we are here with this segment. This article will focus on the procedure to recover the lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery. QuickBooks auto data recovery is a feature offered by Intuit that can be used in case of data loss or corruption. This helps in recovering all or nearly all of the data. Intuit data services usually assist in data recovery majority of the time. But, the process might take some time and might mean that you cannot use QuickBooks for several days.
However, using the ADR can be a quick way of recovering the lost data or corrupted data. Going through the segment would work in retrieving the lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery. Just in case you are seeking for any sort of tech assistance, then you can get on a call with our tech professionals using our dedicated support line , and leave the rest on our accounting experts.
Insight into QuickBooks auto data recovery
QuickBooks auto data recovery tool has been a savior many a times in case of data loss or data corruption, as this tool assists the QuickBooks users to recover almost all data. The auto data recovery tool can be a quick way to recover the data, whereas the process to recover the lost data can be a time-consuming process otherwise. Before jumping on to the procedure to utilize this tool, let us first check out some important points to be kept in mind:
How can Auto data recovery ADR help?
Auto data recovery can help in recovering the lost file by:
- It restores the lost transaction with the help of the current transaction log file and a copy of the company file.
- It further restores all but the last few hours of transactions with the copy of both the company file and the transaction log file.
Important points to consider
You can consider the below reminders, before to step ahead to recover the data.
- Make a note of the fact that ADR is only available in QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise solutions for windows.
- Another point to consider is that the feature is not available in accountant editions.
- The ADR file size limitation is 1.5 gigabytes. In case the backup is bigger than 1.5 GB, then QuickBooks will not generate an ADR file.
- To enhance the feature, ensure that QuickBooks desktop always has the latest updates.
Steps for recovering the recent transactions using the original .tlg file with .qbw.adr file
You can use the original transaction log file and ADR version of the company file for recovering all the recent transactions.
- You need to create a new folder on the desktop and name it as QBTest.
- Furthermore, open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Check the location of the company file in the product information screen and no company open window.
- Search for the tlg file in the company file’s folder. It has the same name as the company file.
- Just in case you are unable to spot the tlg file, then perform these to show file extensions.
- Open up the file explorer press windows + E keys
- Choose organize and select folder and search options
- For windows 10, 8.1, 8, you need to go for view option and choose file name extension
- Also, go for hide extensions for known file types
- Hit apply tab and also hit ok tab.
- Copy the corresponding .tlg file of the company file, and then paste it to the QBtest folder on the desktop.
- Open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- It will be same as the location of the company file.
- You now have to copy the qbw.adr file and paste it to the QBTest folder.
- Have a qbw.adr and .tlg file on the QBTest folder.
- Right click on the qbw.adr file and then choose rename tab.
- Eliminate the adr at the end of the file.
- Open up the QuickBooks software.
- Followed by opening the company file that is saved on the QBTest folder.
- Use the account register to verify all transactions.
- Opt for file and then go for utilities tab.
- Hit verify data and check that the data integrity of the recover file.
In case the copy of the company file is good, then you can move the damaged company file to different location and then transfer the copy form the test folder to original file location.
Recovering recent transactions using .QBW.adr and tlg.adr files
The solution steps below use the ADR version of both the qbw and tlg files.
- Make a new folder on the desktop named QBTest
- Furthermore, open the folder where the company file is saved find QuickBooksAutoDatarecovery folder.
- Check the location of the company file on the product information screen.
- No company open window.
- Spot the tlg.adr and .qbw.adr files.
- These files have the same name as the company file.
- In case you are not able to spot the files, then perform the below steps.
- Open file explorer and press windows + E keys..
- Choose organize and select folder and search options.
- Choose hide extensions for known file types.
- Hit apply tab and also click on OK tab.
- You now have to copy the tlg.adr and .qbw.adr files and paste them to the QBTest folder.
- Use the account register to verify all transactions.
- Check the data integrity of the recovered file, then choose file and also go for utilities tab and also hit verify data.
- In case this copy of the company file is good, then you can move the damaged copy of the file to the different location and transfer the copy from the QBTest to the main location.
For further assistance contact us!
Recovering the lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery can be a little easy with the steps that are listed in the above segment. However, for any query related to recovering lost data or even regarding to any sort of QuickBooks associated error, then get on a call with our QuickBooks desktop support experts using our helpline number.