Learn what to do when QuickBooks desktop has expired issue occurs:
Often when you work on your QuickBooks software with full focus, some or the other issue might interrupt the smooth working. Same goes with QuickBooks desktop has expired issue. This error might appear on your screen and would hamper the entire work process. You might see the following error message on the screen:
|QuickBooks desktop has expired to continue using QuickBooks desktop, you must buy QuickBooks desktop now.|
|QuickBooks Desktop has reached the expiration date and will no longer open company files|
This error can be a huge stress for you. And considering your stress level, we have drafted this segment, where we will be discussing in detail the steps that can be followed in order to troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop has expired error successfully. Check out the segment to get more deep information. It is also possible to contact our support experts via our support line dedicated to us for assistance and request them to complete the required steps for you.
Factors triggering QuickBooks desktop has expired error
You can end up with QuickBooks desktop has expired error due to the below stated factors:
- If your software isn’t registered completely and hence QuickBooks desktop has expired message appears.
- If the 30-day trial period gets over, and you haven’t registered the software yet, then you might land up into this error.
- You might face similar issue if the license to register for QuickBooks is invalid.
- If the company files are corrupted or damaged.
Steps you can perform to resolve QuickBooks desktop has expired error
You can perform the below steps to resolve QuickBooks desktop expired error. Let us explore them one by one:
Method 1: Configuring the firewall or other anti-virus software settings
You need to configure your firewall and port settings manually:
- You can simply click on to the windows start menu and also type in windows firewall.
- Open windows firewall and choose advanced settings.
- Once done with that, you are supposed to select new rule by right clicking on inbound rules.
- Later on, select port and hit next.
- TCP should also be select.
- Now in the specific ports field, and enter the ports as per the QuickBooks year version:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2022: 8019, XXXXX
- QB Desktop 2021: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- You are now supposed to enter the port number and hit next tab.
- Go for allow the connection and also hit next.
- Later on, click on next after selecting the profiles.
- Create a rule with the name such as QBPorts.
- Lastly, hit finish tab
- These steps should be repeated for outbound rules.
Method 2: Eliminating etitlementdatastore.ecml file
- You are now required to close QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, look that no QuickBooks process is running in the background.
- You need to use Ctrl + Shift + Esc for opening task manager.
- Further, select the processes tab.
- Now using the processes name header, sort the processes.
- Look for the variations of QBW32.exe and also choose end task.
Open the entitlement data folder for the operating system and version of QuickBooks with the steps below:
- Herein, you are supposed to open the run window by using Windows + R keys.
- Now, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit Enter key.
- Right click the file and select delete.
- Hit Yes tab.
- Register the QuickBooks again and see if the issue continues.
Method 3: Update QuickBooks desktop and the server manager
You can update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version by clicking on Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks. However, if you haven’t QuickBooks on your system and want to download and install it from Intuit server then following steps are for you:
- You are supposed to download the latest version of QuickBooks.
- And choose the country in the select country dropdown.
- Furthermore, choose product and version.
- Now get updates and save the downloaded file at easily accessible location.
- You are now supposed to open the downloaded file from the saved location to install it.
- Update QuickBooks database server manager.
- Reboot the server.
- You might see the following message “The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks desktop”
- You might get prompt to create the backup.
- Open the file when done.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- You need to close QuickBooks and download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Furthermore, save the file at an easily accessible location.
- Now, open the location where QuickBooksToolhub.exe.
- Install the tool hub after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Open the tool hub by clicking on the icon created in desktop.
- You now have to click on company file issues when QuickBooks tool hub opens.
- Click on run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Select the company file from the drop-down menu.
- After that choose browse and search to find the file.
- Go for check your file.
- Hit continue tab.
- Enter the QuickBooks admin password and hit next tab.
May may like also: Simple Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123 0
Summing up article!
We end the segment over here with the hope that you might be able to eliminate the QuickBooks desktop has expired issue successfully. Whereas, if for some reason you aren’t able to fix the issue, then connect with our QuickBooks error support team and let them perform the necessary steps for you.