Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks error 12007:
QuickBooks is one of the most employed accounting software, especially by small and medium-sized businesses. This new age application is packed with many powerful features like bookkeeping, payroll management, tracking of financial transactions, generating reports, etc. Even though QuickBooks is very beneficial for businesses, its users do face technical glitches at times and one of the common errors faced is the QuickBooks payroll update error 12007. There are several reasons behind this error and even more methods for troubleshooting the issue. In this article, we shall be dealing with all of those methods, and we assure you that by the end of this article, the error won’t even exist.
If you want our certified professionals to fix the QuickBooks error message 12007 for you, then all you need to do is call our helpline. Our experts will make sure that the error gets rooted out from your computer.
What is QuickBooks error 12007 and What Leads to it?
The QuickBooks error 12007 generally occurs due to misconfigured files or when a user is downloading a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates. This is a common issue that QB users may face at the time they try to update the QuickBooks Desktop or make any kind of alterations in the QuickBooks Payroll Service function. The following error message might appear on your computer screen upon the arrival of this error:
|Problem||Error 12007: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server|
|Solution||Check your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks from the Help > Internet Connection Setup menu selection. Verify that your connection is set to use your computer’s Internet connection.|
What Factors Cause the Error 12007 in QuickBooks?
Before troubleshooting the QuickBooks error message 12007 it is essential to understand what causes the error code to occur. So, below are some of the most possible causes of this error:
- System unable to connect to the internet
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser
- Due to network issues, QuickBooks is unable to access the server
- The firewall blocked the connection
- From the Internet Option, the SSL checkbox option may have been removed.
You might read this: Easy Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Easy Solutions for Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 12007
Below we have mentioned viable solutions to rectify the QuickBooks error message 12007. So, let us go through each of the solutions elaborately.1
1st Solution: Check your Internet Connection Configuration to Fix Error 12007
- Firstly, on the top right corner of Internet Explorer hit on the Gear icon and pick the Internet options from the drop-down menu.
- Now, head to the Connections tab and then hit on the LAN Settings.
- After that, check-mark the box beside Automatically Detect Settings and make sure that all the servers are blank while updating QuickBooks.
- Once done, apply the Changes and then jump to the Advanced tab.
- Now, find the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and place a Checkmark on the respective boxes. Uncheck the box against the Check for publisher’s certificate option.
- Subsequently, on the same tab, scroll down to verify that TLS 1.2 option is not checked. Ensure that the box next to TLS 1.1 is checked.
2nd Solution: Reset the QuickBooks Update Settings
- The first thing to do is restart the computer.
- Now Reset the QuickBooks updates and try to download an update.
- Afterward, you have to launch the company file in Single-user mode.
- Once done download the Latest QuickBooks update and install it.
Read it also: What are the QuickBooks Desktop System Requirements?
3rd Solution: Check for Issues in Internet Explorer
- Firstly, hit on the Windows + R simultaneously and type ‘sfc/scannow in the provided box.
- Now, hit on OK and follow the instructions displayed on the screen carefully to complete the File Checker Process.
- Now restart the Windows after the completion of the file repairing process and then verify if the QuickBooks error code 12007 is resolved. If not, go to the next method.
4th Solution: Make Internet Explorer your Default Browser
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and then hit on the Tools menu.
- Now, choose Internet Options.
- After that, you have to opt for the Programs tab.
- Choose the Make default option and hit on OK.
- finally, close Internet Explorer.
5th Solution: Fix Internet Explorer’s Installation Issues
- Initially, all running applications running in the background need to be closed
- Afterward, hit the Win + R to open the run box and type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ , and tap on the OK button.
- Once the Internet Options box appears head to the Advanced tab.
- From the Reset Internet Explorer options choose the Reset option twice.
- Check-mark the Delete personal settings option and from the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window choose the Close option
- Once done, restart QuickBooks and check if the error is now resolved.
6th Solution: Update QuickBooks Desktop
If the solutions illustrated above couldn’t fix the error code 12007, we highly recommend you update your QuickBooks software to the latest release. For doing this, follow the steps provided below:
- Initially, make an exit from the QuickBooks software.
- Subsequently, press and hold the Ctrl key when you double-click on the QuickBooks icon to bring up the No Company Open window.
- Hover over the Help tab and hit on it.
- Afterward, pick the Update Now tab after choosing Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Additionally, check the Reset Update box and choose the Get Updates.
- After the update is complete, close the window.
7th Solution: Go for a Clean Installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
By now the error should be sorted out. However, if the issue seems bleak and pervades even after confirming the above-mentioned solutions, it is advised that you go for a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. You can either do it manually through the control panel or opt for the Clean Install Tool. It is a comprehensive utility that aids in the complete wipe out of the QuickBooks software from your system, and also helps in reinstalling the software without any hassle.
Steps to Opt for a Clean Installation Using the Clean Install Tool
- In the inception, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from the Intuit website and save it to some convenient destination.
- Afterward, double-click on the downloaded ‘.exe’ file to initiate the installation.
- Upon completion of the installation process, launch the tool by double-tapping on it.
- Utilize the tool for uninstalling the QuickBooks software from your system.
- Once completed, re-install the QuickBooks software (make sure to keep your license and product keys along with you).
Steps to go for a Clean Installation Using the Manual Procedure
- Head to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Afterward, move to Programs and Features. Pick QuickBooks software from the list and subsequently, hit on Uninstall/change button.
- Choose Uninstall to start the process.
- Once the uninstallation concludes, restart your computer and re-install the QuickBooks software.
- Hopefully, the issue must be resolved by now. Verify the same by opening the QB software and inspecting if error 12007 vanished.
Concluding on a Supportive Note!
We hope that you could comprehend and implement all the points to resolve the QuickBooks error 12007 pretty easily. Our experts have made every attempt to make it easy to understand for everyone.
However, if still you are stuck anywhere or the problem still persists, then don’t panic as our Axpert Advisors team is there to assist you. Our professionals have vast experience in the field and will make sure that the error gets fixed.
Other helpful topics: