Here’s we have explored the ways to resolve QuickBooks payroll error 15107
QuickBooks is a feature-loaded software that assists users in managing all the accounts and keeping the businesses up to date. It automates all the financial operations, ultimately simplifying the business process. We all must agree to the fact that QuickBooks has been releasing it’s updated versions right from the time when it had a handful of followers, and even today when there are millions of subscribers worldwide, each time Intuit brings forth the latest updated version.
However, users may sometimes fall into certain errors and issues that can make it difficult for them to work. One such error is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107. With the help of this segment, we aim to solving the issues that users generally face, especially in context with such error. Also, you can get in touch with the our support team and get all their queries answered.
What factors triggers to QuickBooks error 15107?
Well, throwing light upon the various causes of this error, it is generally believed that this error occurs while updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll updates. Certain other errors are also detected, including:
- Any damage or corrupt registry files may cause this error.
- Cases when the payroll files are damaged or corrupted
- At times when firewall configurations are blocking the connection.
- Incomplete or intentionally closing QuickBooks update may also cause such errors.
General Symptoms of Error Code 15107 in QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks payroll error 15107 is regarded as one of the most common errors and certain symptoms can be observed that can help the users to detect this error in advance. The symptoms of this error can be as follows:
- The message of error being displayed on the screen.
- If proper update file cannot be accessed or started up in the software.
- Also, if QuickBooks is not properly configured to deal with the newest versions of the file.
You might also like: How to Fix Multi-Currency Journal Entry Error Message in QuickBooks?
What are the Workable Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15107?
Below are discussed in detail different solutions that can be implemented for permanent resolution of Error 15107 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Reboot your computer system
The very first solution is to restart the computer system. This is one of the basic methods that one can opt for in order to deal with this error. When we restart the device, the error is compelled to reset and also move out of the way of the screen. Thus, it is suggested to restart the computer. Also, when any device is restarted, it works in a more efficient way. This is one of the basic and simplest solutions, and in case this solution does not work, one can move on to other solutions listed below.
Solution 2: Downloading the QuickBooks updates again
Another solution that one can opt for is downloading the QuickBooks update again. The steps that one needs to follow in this method are scribbled below:
- First step is to shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Next step is to visit the “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\Components”
- Then search for the folder by the name “DownloadQBxx”, where the xx is the version of QuickBooks.
- Now, rename the folder as “DownloadQBxx.OLD”.
- Then reopen the QuickBooks.
- Advance to “Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now.
- Then tap on “Reset the updates” and check box to roll back the update.
- Now, download the newest update again by simply hitting on the “Get updates” button.
- The next step is to wait for the download to finish.
- Finally, install the update by tapping on the “Install Now” button.
Solution 3: Running Reboot.bat file
In some instances, running the batch file named “Reboot.bat” in the QuickBooks folder can effectively resolve the ongoing error, and other update errors belonging to Error code 15xxx family. The steps for running the file are:
- Make a move to the QuickBooks folder. For you reference, you can right-click on the QuickBooks icon, and then tap on Properties to choose Open File Location tab.
- Once in the QuickBooks folder, look for the Reboot.bat file and once located, right-click and opt for Run as administrator tab.
- Wait for the culmination of the process.
- Finally, run QuickBooks and try the update process again upon hitting on the Help tab and then choosing Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
Solution 4: Perform a QuickBooks Clean Installation
In order to get any kind of assistance, one can use QuickBooks clean install tool. This is one of the most effective tools that can be utilized to get rid of this error. All you need to do is to follow some steps.
- The basic step is to download the tool named “QuickBooks Clean Install” and then save it on the desktop.
- Next step is to double-tap on the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.”, in order to open the setup file.
- Once you have performed the above step, a new box will appear asking for permissions, then click on the “I Accept” option on the license agreement.
- Then, you will be directed to another box. Hit a click on it and choose the “Continue” button.
- The last step is to hit on the “OK” button.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
Repairing QB Desktop can help in fixing Error message 15107 in QuickBooks. For this, follow the trails below:
- Initially, open the Control Panel, and upon opening the window, opt for Programs and Features.
- Here, the user should choose QuickBooks Desktop version which is facing the update-related issues.
- Tap on the icon and follow up by hitting on Uninstall/Change tab.
- Now, click on Repair tab and get the accounting program repaired by following the onscreen directions.
- Later, once done, restart the computer, and try the update process again.
- This should exterminate Update Error 15107.
Solution 6: Install digital signature certificate
- You need to follow the path C:\Program files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooksXX (XX means the QuickBooks version being used)
- You will see a Search bar, where you are required to insert QBW.exe. Herein, right-click the QBW32 and from the open list, tap on the Properties tab.
- Look for Digital signatures and opt for Intuit from the list.
- Head to the Details tab.
- Choose the View certificate and hit on the Install certificate option.
- Opt for Next till the Finish tab appears.
- Restart the system to update the changes.
- Try to download the update again.
Solution 7: Configure Internet settings
- Initially, run the Internet Explorer browser, and make a move to the Internet Options.
- From there, advance to the Connections tab.
- Within the Connections tab, opt for the LAN settings and place a checkmark in the box besides “Automatically Detect Settings”.
- Also, make sure that the Proxy server is empty. Follow up by hitting on Ok.
- Now, shift to the Advanced tab, and therein, checkmark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Make sure to unmark the option besides Check for Publishers certificate.
- Also, checkmark TLS 1.2, and uncheck TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 checkboxes.
- Once done with all the foregoing steps, try the QuickBooks update process once again. Error 15107 should no longer be showing up.
Solution 8: Switch to normal startup mode
- For this, you need to access the run box by pushing the Windows + R keys.
- Enter in ‘Msconfig’ and hit on the OK tab.
- Look for Normal startup mode and also tap on it.
- Hit on the Apply tab and also tap on the ok tab.
- Reboot the system to save changes.
The current discussion focused on the different solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 15107. If you need technical assistance of any kind, just give our QuickBooks payroll error support experts a call at the helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.
More recommended articles: