All that you need to know about the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222
Over almost a decade QuickBooks have become one of the most popular accounting software used by organizations all across of the world. With the launch of this application business operations have become smoother and more organized. Besides having many effective features, QuickBooks releases new updates each year which consists of new and improved features. Even though it has benefitted small and medium scale business, the users often face errors.
The QuickBooks Payroll error 15222 is one common error that happens when the users try to download QuickBooks Payroll update or QuickBooks fails to verify the digital signature within the update file. So, in this article we will discuss in detail why this issue occurs and all the possible solutions to resolve it.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll error 15222
- The IE function often leads to the registered digital signatures stop to functioning.
- Non-working listed digital signatures.
- Slow internet or failure to connect to the internet can also lead to the error.
- When the default browser is not suitable especially when the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
- The software is not compatible with your system
- Your system is not properly configured.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll error 15222
- When you are not able to download the payroll updates.
- When you are not able to download QuickBooks updates.
- Within the file update, QuickBooks failed to verify the listed digital signature.
- QuickBooks freezes or doesn’t respond for a few seconds.
- Your system becomes sluggish making it difficult to use the application.
You may read also: How to Fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file?
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222
Following are the advanced steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 15222:
Step 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- In order to get your Digital Signature tab, the first thing to do is close QuickBooks Desktop, and choose the “Properties” option after right on QBW32.exe.
- After this you have to choose the Digital Signature tab by selecting Intuit Inc. in the list of signatures.
- In the Digital Signature details you will require to Select the “Details” option and then choose the option “View certificate”.
- In the certificate window, you have to click on the “Install certificate” option and then click on the “Next” button.
- Once done, the Finish menu will be displayed on the screen. You have to click on the Finish tab to complete the installation process.
- After entire procedure is done, you will need to start your system again and open and download the QuickBooks update again.
Step 2: Software Update
In case you have antivirus software, antimalware or antispyware, then these programs need to be updated so that the given exceptions can work:
- Processes – qbupdate.exeandqbw32.exe
- Domains – QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com
Once the entire process of updating these software are done, you will have to check if the QuickBooks Payroll error 15222 is being displayed or not.
Step 3: Validate IE settings
- The first thing you have to do is to check if IE is the default browser, if not, then make it.
- You also need to make sure the time of your PC is correct
- At the right bottom of the screen is the Time, you have to Double-click on it.
- Once done, a window having the name Date and Time Settings will open up. Now check if the current date and time are correct or not. If it isn’t correct, then change them if needed.
- Now you have to choose the zone.
- If the system is on a network then go to the account that you have to make sure that the date and time there are correct.
Step 4: Test the Cipher Strength
- You have to goto https://www.intuit.com/
- Select the File option On the menu bar, and you have to then choose “Properties”.
- After this you have to launch the Connection and then look for the number written before the bit encryption.
- If the cipher strength is less than 128 bits, this will indicate damaged IE, and thus, the QB process may not work as it should.
Step 5: Upgrade the IE Settings
- Firstly, you have to go to the “Tools” option.
- Then go to the Internet Options.
- Now you have to open the tab named General and select the “Delete” option. Delete all the Temporary Internet files, excluding cookies.
- You have to now launch the tab named Connections. Select the LAN settings.
- Put a checkmark against the Automatically Detect Settings.
- If you do not have access to the Proxy servers, then ensure that they are blank.
- After this click on the “Ok” option and go to the tab named Advanced.
- Put a checkmark against SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- You also have to make sure that there should be no checkmark against the Check for publisher’s certificate. If there is, uncheck it.
- On the same Advanced tab, go downwards towards the bottom and make sure that there must be a checkmark against TLS 1.2. If not, then put it.
- There should be no checkmarks against TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. If they are marked, then in that case you have to remove the checkboxes.
Fixing the QuickBooks Payroll error 15222 is not that much of a hassle. However, if you find it difficult then you can always connect with the QuickBooks payroll error support team at 1-800-615-2347. These are well-trained and experienced experts who are available 24/7 to help you resolve all your issues and guide you with all your queries regarding QuickBooks.