Everything that you need to know about this QuickBooks payroll error 15271 (Maintenance Releases & Update Issue)
Updating payroll in QuickBooks is as easy as going to the settings and taping a few options to get it done. But sometimes, this simple task of updating QuickBooks payroll can give complicated errors. The error that we will discuss in this article is QuickBooks error code 15271. This error appears when you try to download or install payroll updates and is likely caused when QuickBooks fails to validate the download file.
It is an error that can be resolved by implementing troubleshooting steps suggested by experts. Keep reading the article till the end to learn more about the troubleshooting process and how to solve the QuickBooks payroll error 15271. Thus, keep reading!
What is QuickBooks Update Error 15271?
This error is a very common problem that can occur when updating Windows components or if the Windows registry is damaged. QuickBooks displays an error message when the user encounters the QuickBooks payroll update error 15271. Intuit often suggests running off the user account control on Windows to remove this error. But this is not the only solution that always resolves the error. You might take the help of other solutions as well.
Windows first validates the downloaded file for integrity when a user tries to install the latest payroll updates. If imperfections are in the downloaded file, it gives an error message: “A file cannot be validated.”
What are the causes of QuickBooks desktop error 15271 during Installing Updates?
The diverse range of causes behind QuickBooks error message 15271 subsumes the following conspicuous contributors:
- The previous installation of QuickBooks desktop might have faced certain impediments.
- The system-security programs like the Firewall or antivirus may be causing network hindrance while updating QuickBooks.
- Incorrectly configured Windows user account control (UAC) settings to prevent QuickBooks from installing new updates.
- The update is not successfully downloaded or installed.
- Payroll tax tables may not be updated to their latest version.
- The files related to Windows components like .NET Framework may be damaged.
- The system settings or firewall settings are blocking the QuickBooks update.
You can read it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15107?
Some Easy Methods to Uproot QuickBooks Error Code 15271
Here are the step-by-step instructions that can help resolve the error 15271 in QuickBooks desktop:-
Method 1: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
You need to switch off the user account control on Windows when you need to resolve the error 15271 in QuickBooks program.
- In the very first step, hit a click on the Start button and type UAC in the search programs and files box.
- After that choose User Accounts option.
- Moving ahead, click on Change User Account Control Settings option.
- In the next step drag the slider to Never Notify and then click on Ok to save settings.
- Now, restart the system.
- After this, try to update QuickBooks desktop from the help menu and try to install the latest payroll updates.
- Hopefully now check if the method proved effective in resolving the ongoing error.
Method 2: Use the Disc Cleanup Tool
- In the beginning, hit on the Start menu on the taskbar.
- After this, click on My Computer (or My PC).
- Next, hit a right-click the C drive and select Properties.
- Now, hit on the General tab.
- After that, choose the Disk Cleanup tool and Run it.
- Lastly, choose the C drive and then proceed with the clean-up process.
Method 3: Download latest QuickBooks version in Safe Mode
Users should try to update the program after accessing the system in Safe Mode.
- At first, click the Start button and select restart from the shutdown menu.
- In the next step, tap on the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot-up options screen loads up on the screen.
- Within the screen, you need to choose Safe mode with Networking option from here.
- After then hit on the Enter key soon after and wait till the Desktop screen loads up.
- Now, open the browser and navigate to the official website of Intuit.
- Herein, select the current version of QuickBooks and all the other details asked about the current product.
- Then download all the recent updates available on the website and install them on the system.
- If all goes well, then QuickBooks will successfully get installed on the system without showing QB Error code 15271.
Method 4: Clean install QuickBooks in selective startup mode
The selective startup mode helps clean installation without any kind of interruptions. So you need to follow the given steps –
- The initial step requires to press the Windows and R keys together and launch the Run dialog box.
- After that, type ‘msconfig’ and hit on OK or press the Enter key.
- Then, in the general tab of the main menu, choose “Selective startup option.”
- Herein, checkmark the box beside Selective startup.
- Moving ahead, go for Load system services and select “Hide all Microsoft services.”
- Also, hit on the “Disable all” option and uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
- Now click on Apply and hit on Ok tab to close the window.
- Reboot your computer.
- After you restart the system, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Method 5: Make Certain changes in the Registry Editor
Follow the steps below to visit the Windows registry:
- At first, press on the Start button and type Regedit.
- After that click on OK or press the Enter key.
- Within the Registry Editor, search for the key related to Error code 15271.
- Once located, choose the file and then click on the Export option.
- Now select the folder to save the backup and then hit on the Save button.
- You also need to consider branch code from the export range.
- To remove them, you must take a complete scan with a malware expulsion system.
- End the process by removing all undesirable and junk records with temp files and folders from the system.
Method 6: Perform a Clean Install QuickBooks
Users need to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks. The guidelines given below should be of considerable assistance:
- Initially, open the Control Panel and then head to Programs and Features.
- After that find the QuickBooks program on the list.
- In the next step, select Uninstall/Change option.
- Then hit on the Uninstall option.
- Wait till the process culminates.
- Lastly, restart the PC and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 7: Download the latest payroll tax tables
You should not use payroll tax tables if you do not want error code 15271 in QuickBooks desktop. Here is how the new tax tables can be downloaded in your app:-
- Launch the QuickBooks and open the Employee’s tab.
- After that hit a click on “Get payroll updates” and then select “Download entire payroll update.”
- Now click the “Download the latest update” option, and you will come to know when updates are downloaded.
In this thorough article, we’ve enumerated QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271 and the multiple approaches of uprooting this technical snag once and for all. However, if users need any type of technical assistance related to accounting errors, unhesitatingly reach out to our QuickBooks error support team via our helpline i.e. +1-800-615-2347.