Are you facing QuickBooks error code 15311 and unable to decide what to do? Well, get the detailed solution to the QuickBooks error code 15311 by reading this article carefully. This error usually appear on the screen while downloading the payroll update or downloading QuickBooks. The error crashes the active window and also the system freezes periodically.
QuickBooks error code 15311 usually comes up with an error message that states as:
|Error name:||QuickBooks Error 15311|
|Error number:||Error 15311|
|Description:||QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully and cannot connect to the QuickBooks payroll.
This is basically a runtime error, which crashes the system while running, as we mentioned earlier. It doesn’t mean that the code was corrupt, it just means that it did not work during its run time. Further, there can be multiple causes that could end up in such an error, which we will be discussing later in the post.
If you are interested in knowing more about the causes and fixes to this QuickBooks payroll error 15311, then continue reading the post. Or if you are in search of a technically sound support team, who can help you in dealing with the error, then you can contact our professionals anytime. Our experts and certified professionals will be help you out in resolving the error immediately.
Read it also: Recover Lost QuickBooks Data File from a Hard Drive
What leads to QuickBooks payroll update error 15311?
There can be various causes accountable for arising the QuickBooks error code 15311. The causes include the following:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software hindering the update process.
- When the QuickBooks software gets infected from a malware or virus attack.
- Another reason why this error occurs is the accidental deletion of QuickBooks related file is one of the apparent reasons for the failure of the update process.
- Moreover, recent QuickBooks changes corrupting windows registry entries can lead to such an error.
- In case any other program is interrupting the download, then it also can be one major factor.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 15311
The impacts of this error can be many on both the system and the software. The major signs and symptoms that could help the user in identifying the error code 15311 can be as follows:
- An active window crashing, as soon as the error takes place.
- The windows run sluggishly and the keyboard inputs do not show up.
- Another sign of this error can be if the user is unable to download the latest maintenance release for QuickBooks.
- In case the update process gets stopped and the user is unable to proceed with an ongoing task.
- Each time the user tries to update the payroll tax table, QuickBooks error message might show up on the screen.
Solutions of QuickBooks error code 15311
Now that you are aware of the causes and symptoms of the error 15311, it is the right time to start with the procedures to resolve the QuickBooks error 15311. Let us explore the solutions one by one:
Solution 1: Installing a digital signature certificate
The user will have to do a windows search for QBW32.exe, which is located at: C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks. The steps involved are:
- The very first step is to right click the QBW32.exe
- And then, opt for the properties tab.
- The next step is to click on the digital signature tab and also verify that the Intuit.Inc is selected in the section list.
- After that, the user needs to click on details.
- And also, in the detail window, the user needs to select the view certificate.
- Followed by clicking on the install certificate in the certificate window.
- The user will then have to click on next till finish tab is displayed.
- After that click on finish to end.
- And also, reboot the system.
- To end the process, open QuickBooks and download the update again.
Solution 2: Fix QuickBooks desktop update
In order to get rid of the issue, the user can try to fix the QuickBooks desktop, by carrying out the steps below:
- To begin with, the user needs to verify if the QuickBooks subscription is active.
- Also, reset the QuickBooks desktop update.
- The user is then required to verify that the payroll service key is right.
- Now, navigate to the employees and then click on my payroll service.
- The user will be then supposed to click on manage service key.
- After that click on edit and then see that the key is right.
- Also, click on next and then hit finish.
- The last step is to reboot the system.
Solution 3: Checking the internet connection settings
The user needs to check the faulty internet connectivity issues or server. Many of the payroll update issues occur due to the application being unable to access the internet process. The steps involved in this are:
- The user needs to ensure if the Internet explorer is the default browser.
- If the date and time on the system is right.
- Next step is to check if the windows firewall or any other third-party application is restricting the QuickBooks application.
- Also, ensure if the box SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 are checked.
- Lastly, the user needs to ensure if the cipher strength is not less than 128 bit.
Also, ensure all the parameters that are required in order to have a flawless internet access.
Solution 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks in windows safe mode
The user can reinstall the QuickBooks in the windows safe mode and try to fix the QuickBooks error code 15311. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to open the run window and press Windows + R keys.
- Also, type in MSConfig in the search bar and then click on ok and enter keys respectively.
- Now, the system configuration window will open up.
- And the user will then have to click on BOOT.
- And also, clear the safe boot checkbox.
- After that, click on apply and then hit OK tab.
- The user will then have to reboot the system and also this time the system will boot in safe mode.
- Now, run the payroll update once again to check if the issue is still coming back.
Solution 5: Running Reboot.bat batch file to re-register QuickBooks files
- In this process, the user is first required to close QuickBooks desktop application.
- And then, right click the QuickBooks icon on system’s desktop.
- Also, click on properties.
- And also, go for the open file location option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to navigate to the reboot.bat file in the QuickBooks folder and then right click.
- Next step is to click on run as admin and wait till the process of registering all the QuickBooks files to windows is completed.
- The last step is to reboot the system and then check the status of error 15311.
Getting rid of the this problem becomes easy by carrying out the above scribbled steps. In order to ease the process further, the user can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team.
Talking to our experts and certified professionals will help you out in resolving the QuickBooks error code 15311. You can contact us via our toll-free support number i.e. 1-800-615-2347.