QuickBooks users, while trying to concentrate on some important tasks, suddenly get bumped into the QuickBooks install error 1712. Well, that is pretty common these days. This particular error is usually seen at the time of installing the QuickBooks desktop into the main or primary server system. You might see a warning message associated with this error that states as:
|“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712: One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible now”.
Get in full depth with the information, by reading this segment. You can also give us a call at the helpline number, and let our team handle the situation for you.
What Activates the Error 1712 in the QuickBooks Desktop?
When you know the root causes of an error, it becomes a little easier to handle it. Below are some of the basic causes due to which such an error could be seen.
- Damaged data files in QuickBooks can be one basic cause.
- If you have made any changes to the QuickBooks software within the same system recently.
- If you are trying to install QuickBooks desktop in a coded or damaged folder.
- You might face similar issues if there are some malicious software like adware, spyware, and viruses attack.
- If there are some registry errors or corruption in your software.
What are the Signs of the QuickBooks Installation Error 1712?
By going through the various signs below, you can identify the QuickBooks error code 1712 easily and will also know the appropriate step to take for ousting it from your system.
- If you see a blue screen appearing on the screen, it is one of the major sign of this error.
- If your system isn’t working in a proper manner.
- You can also spot this issue if there are shutdown issues.
- If your software freezes abruptly.
- HTTP error can also be a sign of such an error.
You may see also: Fix QuickBooks Company File Not Found or Missing Problem
Rectification Steps for the QuickBooks Install Error Code 1712
You can check out the below rectification methods to chuck off the QuickBooks error code 1712.
Method 1: Use Quick Fix My Program From The Tools Hub
- Under this method, you would have to close the QuickBooks software and then download the QuickBooks tool hub file
- Save the file on the system where it can be accessed with much.
- Later on, open the file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- Pay heed to the on-screen prompts and install the tool.
- After you have installed the tool properly, open it.
- Choose the Program problems option in the tool hub and further select Quick fix my program.
- Now try to install QuickBooks desktop.
Method 2: Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Herein, download the latest QuickBooks desktop application from the official intuit website.
- Choose the Change tab and head to the Product edition.
- Go for the latest version.
- And click on the Download tab.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
Method 3: Track Application Data in the Registry
- At first, you need to search for regedit.exe
- Enter the path that says “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser shell folders”
- You need to now click on entry App data twice.
- And also, change the original value with the local profile path.
- Lastly, reopen QuickBooks and detect the errors.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Either select the tool from the tool hub program or download it from QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Next, close all application running.
- And run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- You need to find I am having problems installing QuickBooks and choose OK tab.
- Lastly, reboot QuickBooks software.
Method 5: End All Processes in The Task Manager
- This is a basic process, where you need to tap on the Ctrl + Delete keys.
- And further, choose the Processes tab.
- Choose the End process in the Task manager.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Method 6: Make a New User Possessing Admin Rights
- By tapping the power button in the Start menu, hit on Settings, and then tap on the Gear symbol.
- After that choose Accounts in the Windows Settings.
- Pick the menu item marked Other People.
- Now choose for the Add another user to the computer option.
- If prompted, you don’t have to enter your email address.
- In a similar vein, you can skip entering your sign-in details by selecting I don’t know this person’s sign-in information.
- Opt for this option after adding a user who does not have a Microsoft account.
- Choose a New username & password for the new user.
- Hit on the Next button to proceed further.
- After that, opt for a Local account and make a fresh local account with administrator privileges.
Fixing the QuickBooks installation error 1712 is a little easy, with the steps that we have jotted down in this segment. As always, if you have any queries, comments, or suggestions, contact us via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347!
We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible QuickBooks desktop support services. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime and seeking for assistance!
Other helpful topics: