Here’s how you can resolve the QuickBooks status error code 3180
QuickBooks is considered as one of the most popular accounting software to meet business needs. What’s best is that every year a new version of QuickBooks is launched by Intuit which consists of new and improved features to ensure seamless business operations. However, it is just an application and thus users do face few technical glitches or errors often. Some of these issues can be easily handled by users by following various articles available on the internet but for few QuickBooks support service providers assistance is recommended.
You might see one of the following status error code in your screen:
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid
- Status code: 3180 Status message: There was an error when saving a Employees list, element “Employee, Name“
- QuickBooks Status code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt
- Status code 3180: Status message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
- Status code 3180: …QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have vendor
QuickBooks error 3180 generally encounters when the wrong type of QuickBooks Desktop account was used in mapping accounts in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. Another reason can be behind to this error is if there is a damaged payment item or if it’s the wrong type. In this article we will discuss about QuickBooks error code 3180 and it’s solution. Before we try to troubleshoot the glitch, it is important to understand why this issue is occurring.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
Below are some of the reasons of QuickBooks error code 3180.
- The sales tax item in QuickBooks Desktop is not linked to any of the vendors.
- The account mapping of sales tax payable account may be incorrect
- By using the sale tax payable account, a paid out was created.
- It can be because using the sales tax payable account as the target account for one or more items on receipts.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Message 3180
As a QuickBooks user, you may witness a number of signs and symptoms upon the arrival of the QuickBooks error code 3180. Mentioned below are some of the most conspicuous signs that indicate the intrusion of this error.
- Your system responds extremely slowly to the inputs provided by the mouse or keyboard.
- You are unable to save the sales receipts.
- QuickBooks will shut down abruptly.
- The QuickBooks error code 3180 will be displayed on your screen.
You can see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
Troubleshooting Steps of QuickBooks Error Code 3180
Having sailed our boat across the various causes and signs associated with the error, it is high time that we go through the various troubleshooting solutions to oust this error from your computer system. Learn how to fix the 3180 status code error in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale by following the solutions given below:
1st Solution: Merge Items in QuickBooks
- The first thing to do is open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then head to List, followed by Item.
- Now, choose to Include Inactive.
- In order to sort the list, you have to choose the Type header.
- Now, you have to rename the Point of Sale items.
- Right-click on the Payment item that begins with the Point of Sale.
- opt for the Edit Items option.
- To the item, name introduce ‘.OLD’ and choose OK button.
- Now from your Point of Sale Run the financial exchange.
- Merge the duplicate items in QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, right-click on the payment with OLD
- Afterward, pick the Edit Item option.
- You are then supposed to remove Old
- Hit a click on OK and to confirm, tap on Yes.
2nd Solution: Ensure you Assign the Vendor to the Sales Tax Item
- At the first, you have to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, proceed to the Item List.
- Then, opt for Include Inactive.
- In order to sort the list, you have to opt for the Type Column.
- Finally, ensure that all the sales tax items have a tax agency attached to them.
3rd Solution: Choose Your Tax Preference
- Initially, run the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Now, go to File and then choose Preferences.
- After that, you have to choose Company and hit on Accounts under Financial.
- Now, tick the Basic and Advanced tabs.
- Also, tap on Make Sales Tax Payable in the sales tax row. In case it is not then change it and run a financial exchange.
4th Solution: Ensure That you Have not Paid out the Problem Receipt Using Sales Tax Payable
- To begin with, launch the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Now, you have to choose Sales History.
- After that right-click on any of the columns.
- Once done, choose the Customize Columns option.
- Do ensure to choose the QuickBooks Status.
- Now, search for the Receipts that are not completed yet
- Now, choose the Receipts if any of the receipts are paid out to the Sales tax payable
- After that hit a click on the Reverse Receipt
- Using a non-sales tax payable account, Recreate the paid out.
- Lastly, run the financial exchange.
5th Solution: Rename the Financial Methods
- To start with, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, head for the Customer & Vendor Profile Lists menu under the Lists heading.
- After that, choose the Payment Method List.
- Hit a click on the Cash method option with the right mouse button and choose Edit payment method.
- The payment method field should now have the letter “X” at the beginning. Save your modifications.
- Opt for New after right-clicking the Cash method option.
- Replace it by renaming it to Cash.
- Begin with the Financial exchange.
- Change the names of all payment options if necessary.
- Verify that the error 3180 got fixed.
In case, you get stuck while troubleshooting QuickBooks error 3180, then you can always seek assistance from the 24/7 QuickBooks error support team. These are well-trained experienced experts who will guide you through all your QuickBooks queries and are available 24/7. All you need to do is make contact with our QuickBooks error support team through the live chat option, or through the helpline 1-800-615-2347.