Here’s how you can resolve the QuickBooks status error code 3180
QuickBooks is considered as one of the most popular accounting software to meet business needs. What’s best is that every year a new version of QuickBooks is launched by Intuit which consists of new and improved features to ensure seamless business operations. However, it is just an application and thus users do face few technical glitches or errors often. Some of these issues can be easily handled by users by following various articles available on the internet but for few QuickBooks support service providers assistance is recommended.
You might see one of the following status error code in your screen:
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid
- Status code: 3180 Status message: There was an error when saving a Employees list, element “Employee, Name”
- QuickBooks Status code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt
- Status code 3180: Status message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
- Status code 3180: …QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have vendor
QuickBooks error 3180 generally encounters when the wrong type of QuickBooks Desktop account was used in mapping accounts in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. Another reason can be behind to this error is if there is a damaged payment item or if it’s the wrong type. In this article we will discuss about QuickBooks error code 3180 and it’s solution. Before we try to troubleshoot the glitch, it is important to understand why this issue is occurring.
What causes QuickBooks error code 3180?
Below are some of the reasons of QuickBooks error code 3180.
- The sales tax item in QuickBooks Desktop is not linked to any of the vendors.
- The account mapping of sales tax payable account may be incorrect
- By using the sale tax payable account, a paid out was created.
- It can be because using the sales tax payable account as the target account for one or more items on receipts.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 3180
- Your system responds sluggishly to the inputs provided by the mouse or keyboard.
- You are unable to save the sales receipts.
- QuickBooks will shut down abruptly.
- The QuickBooks error 3180 will be displayed on your screen.
You can see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
Troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks error code 3180
Learn how to fix 3180 status code error in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Solution 1: Merge items in QuickBooks
- The first thing to do is open QuickBooks desktop.
- Then go to List followed by Item
- Now select to include Inactive
- In order to sort the list, you have to choose the Type header
- Now you have to rename the Point of Sale items
- Right click on the payment item that begins with the Point of Sale
- Select Edit Items
- To the item name add OLD and choose OK.
- Now from your Point of Sale run the financial exchange
- Merge the duplicate items in QuickBooks Desktop
- Now right click on the payment with OLD
- Now select the Edit Item
- Remove Old
- Now click ok and to confirm tap on Yes.
Solution 2: Ensure you assign the vendor to the sales tax item
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks Desktop
- Now go to List
- After that go to the item
- Now select Include Inactive
- In order to sort the list you have to choose the Type Column
- Now ensure that all sales tax items have an agency attached to it.
Solution 3: Choose your Tax preference
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Now go to File and then select Preferences
- After that you have to choose Company and hit a click on Accounts under Financial.
- Now tick the Basic and Advanced tabs
- Also hit a click on make Sales Tax Payable in the sales tax row. In case it is not then change it and run financial exchange.
Solution 4: Ensure that you have not paid out the problem receipt using sales tax payable
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Now you have to choose Sales History
- After that right click on any columns
- Once done, choose Customize Columns
- Do ensure to choose QuickBooks Status
- Now search for the receipts that are not completed yet
- Now choose the receipts if any of the receipts are paid out to the sales tax payable
- After that click on Reverse Receipt
- Using a non-sales tax payable account recreate the paid out.
- Lastly run the financial exchange.
In case, you get stuck while troubleshooting QuickBooks error 3180, then you can always seek assistance from the 24/7 QuickBooks error support team. These are well trained experienced experts who guide you through all your QuickBooks queries and are available 24/7.