Simple Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
One of the common errors is QuickBooks Error Code -6000. If you receive this error, your desktop will show you a message that will have an error code like error 6000, -107, error 6010,-100, error 6210, 0, error 6190, -82, error 6190,-85, error 6000,-305, etc. These errors are more often than not related to incorrect or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
Reading this article till the end can help the users to get rid of the issue with much ease. However, for any further details, getting in touch with our dedicated technical support team using our support line can work in your favor. Our team of experts work dedicatedly round the clock, to provide the best possible support services.
Different types of QuickBooks desktop 6000 series errors
These are the different -6000 series errors you may see in your desktop screen:
|-6176, 0||Your firewall blocks the connection between two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupt|
|-6000, -1076||Your QuickBooks installation is corrupt|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or the QB Database Server Manager isn’t working right|
|-6190, 816||A user is in single user mode while they work in the company file.|
It can be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|-6000, -832||This error happens when hosting is on or the .ND file doesn’t work right|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and this happens in a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or there’s damage to your company file|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file, firewall settings block the connection, or there’s damage to the company file|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or there’s damage to the QuickBooks Database Manager Windows user account|
|-6120, 0||One of the workstations hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error occurs when you open open the file locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
When does QuickBooks error -6000 appears?
Mostly, you receive this error when you try to open a company file. This error pops up on your desktop screen and restricts you from opening the file. Generally, this error is followed by two, three or more digits. It looks something like QuickBooks Error 6000, xxxx.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 6000
There might be one or more of the following reasons to cause you -6000 series error.
- Your QuickBooks file is corrupt.
- The network connection isn’t configured properly.
- Two or more users are logged in for the same file.
- The server isn’t allowed to access to access the company file(s).
- User doesn’t have permission to access the file.
- You are trying to restore a previous backup of your file.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000: While Opening Company File
Before you try to manually fix error -6000 series, it’s recommended that you check if your QuickBooks is updated. If it’s updated, you can download and install and the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Note: You can also download the file doctor tool using QuickBooks tool hub program.
If the issue persists, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Opening the company file locally
There may be an issue with the current location of the company file. You can try moving it to another place like the desktop to open it.
- You need to first open the folder that is having the company file.
- Furthermore, find the file with the qbw extension.
- You now have to right click the file and choose copy tab.
- Right click the desktop and choose paste tab.
- You now have to press ctrl key and open QuickBooks.
- You will now be directed to the no company open window.
- Select “Open or restore an existing company.”
- Head to the desktop and find the company file you copied and open.
Just in case you are getting the same issue, then opt for the other steps.
Solution 2: Restore a backup
Many of the QuickBooks file errors, including error -6000 can be fixed by simply restoring a backup copy of your company file. That done, the file may work as new. In case you don’t know how to restore a backup, here is how you can do that.
- Open the folder that has your company file and then click “Open the File“.
- Go to the “File menu” and select “Utilities“.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” is on the list, select that and click “Yes” on next two windows that pop up.
- Ensure that the name of your company file doesn’t consist of more than 210 characters long.
- Try to “Restore the company file” again.
- If the issue persists, your file is corrupt and you can try the next step.
Read also: What is QuickBooks error code 9999?
Solution 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Open the folder where your company file is saved.
- After that find the “Company file” that you have to fix.
- Note the name of the company file and search the files with the “.ND and the .TLG extensions” of the same name.
- Right-click on the file and change their “Extensions“.
- The file extensions must have “.OLD” after their names.
- Try to reopen the file and log in.
Solution 4: Configure your firewall ports and your Anti-virus software
- Locate port “Monitor tab” and search the “QuickBooks version“.
- Copy or note down the “Firewall port number“.
- Now open your “Windows Firewall” and go to “Advanced Settings“.
- Right-click on the “in-bounds option” and select “New Rule“.
- Lastly, hit a click on “Port” and then Click on “Next“.
Solution 5: Open up a sample of the company file
- First of all, “open” the folder that contains the required company file.
- Next step is to find the file, with the extension “.QBW“.
- After that, right click the file and hit on “Copy“ option.
- Moving ahead, right click on the desktop and click on the “Properties“ option.
- Followed by, opening “QuickBooks“ so that you are redirected automatically to the “No company open window“, while pressing the “control key“.
- Next step is to bring back an existing company.
- The last step is to find the company file you have copied first, and then “open“ it and navigate to the desktop.
Solution 6: Shutting down all QuickBooks processes
- For this method, you need to log in as “Admin“.
- And then, to bring up the task manager press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys.
- After that, select the “Users tab“.
- Next step is to select the “End task“, on every QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) highlight.
- The last and final step is to “open” the “file” in the “QuickBooks multi-user mode“.
Solution 7: Check the folder permission
You might get these issues if the folder where you save the file doesn’t have the right permission. You should check the folder permissions to share company files. Try opening the file again.
Solution 8: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Download and install QuickBooks tool hub program on your system.
- Now open the tool hub program by hitting a click on the icon.
- In the tools hub, you need to choose Network Issues.
- After that select QuickBooks Database Server Manager option here.
- Now you’ll be asked to install the QuickBooks on your server if it isn’t already installed.
- Browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- Finally open your QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file.
You shall be able to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods. This issue is related to company files and requires immediate solution. In case the problem still persists after following the above steps, then in this case you can contact us for 24×7 quick and precise QuickBooks desktop error support services.
You may also like: