Facing QuickBooks error code 61 and unable to decide what to do? This error code is quite common, and can be seen when printing, downloading, refreshing, adjusting, opening an accounting, erasing, expelling, uninstalling, sending out windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. Furthermore, these sorts of issues can be seen in case of corruption or malfunctioning of hardware. Before performing the steps further, ensure that if you are using multi-user in QuickBooks enterprise with hosting, then immediately contact error support team as it requires some technical troubleshooting to fix the issue.
Other users can perform the required steps to fix QuickBooks error code 61, which we will be discussing later in this article. Thus, to know more make sure to stick around the article carefully till the end.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 61?
The QuickBooks users can end up in QuickBooks error 61 due to the following reasons namely:
- In case the spyware, virus or malware attack might be seen.
- If the .qbw file itself gets damaged.
- Another reason behind facing this issue can be whenever a registry page or important framework is deleted from the system.
- If the bank service institution provides a fresh credit card or account number which is not linked.
You may also like: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Company File is Missing or Can’t Be Found
Rectification methods to QuickBooks error code 61
After you are aware of the cause of the error, it is important to find out the relevant solutions to the same. Let us check out the relevant solutions for QuickBooks error code 61 that can be incorporated:
Process 1: Manually fix QuickBooks desktop
The first method can be to manually fix the QuickBooks software. The steps to be followed herein are as follows:
- The first step is to click on the file menu and click on rebuild data under the utility tab.
- Now, click on verify data tab under the utility tab.
- The next step is to check if the message QuickBooks is not responding appears on the screen.
- If it appears, then click on Ok tab and reboot the system.
Process 2: Updating the company file
At times, the issue can be triggered by the company file. The below steps can be followed to open or restore the company file.
- The very first step is to click on open or restore company tab under the file menu.
- And then choose open company file tab and go for the next tab.
- Next step is to look for the data file and then click on the open option.
- Now, when you see the update now tab on the screen, click on the same and perform the on-screen prompts.
- End the process by copying the backup and placing it back in the folder of the company file.
Process 3: Repair using reimage repair tool
- In this method, the user needs to first move to the Intuit’s website and download the reimage repair tool.
- After that install the software and run it.
- It should be noted that the tool will clean the PC and will show all the damaged files on the system.
- Next step is to hit a click on start repair tab for fixing the damaged files.
- Further, reboot the system after the process ends and the tool fixes the files.
Process 4: Merging a new account
If the above methods didn’t work, the user can perform the steps to merge a new account and try fixing the error.
- First of all, the user is supposed to launch the QB desktop and also click on the chart of accounts under the lists option of the menu bar.
- After that click on the view tab and choose option to resort list.
- Next step is to verify the company file again.
- And if the error code continues, then make a new account and merge it with the existing damaged one.
- Last step is to restart the system and also open the file to verify it one more time.
Process 5: Update QuickBooks desktop
The last method that one can try is to update QuickBooks desktop to latest release.
- Under this, the user needs to move to the help menu and click on update QuickBooks.
- The next step is to click on update now tab.
- And also, select the available updates tab and click on get updates to download.
- Further, shut down the QuickBooks desktop and open it.
- You will get a prompt to update QuickBooks desktop on the screen.
- And also click on install or yes and then follow the update wizard.
- The final step is to reboot the system once the installation is complete.
Troubleshooting of the QuickBooks error code 61 becomes easy, once the above stated set of steps are followed in a proper manner. However, if you have any sort of issue or if you need our assistance at any point of time, then do not hesitate in connecting with our professionals at +1-800-615-2347, and our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team will be more than happy to help you.