Learn how to fix QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 when opening company files:
Always when you try to work on your QuickBooks accounting software, you might be interrupted by some or the other error. In this segment, we will be getting in detail about the QuickBooks error code 6150 1006. Well, this is basically an error that can be seen when you aren’t able to open the company file. It might appear on the screen with an error message that says:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6150 and -1006). We are sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150, -1006)”.
If you are interested in chucking off the QuickBooks error 6150 manually, then we would highly recommend you to go through this segment at least once. Whereas, if you need our experts to fix this error permanently for you, then get on a call with us and our accounting professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services immediately.
You may like: How to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15107?
Insight into QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
While creating, working, or opening the company file in QuickBooks, you might encounter QuickBooks error 6150, -1006. After encountering the error, you might encounter frequent crashes of windows and the QuickBooks software.
What instigates the QuickBooks error 6150 1006?
Well, the below factors can possibly instigate the QuickBooks error 6150 1006. Let us explore together:
- One of the major factors can be corrupted installation of the QuickBooks accounting software.
- You might also come across such an error if the company file is corrupted or infected with virus.
- If there is damaged or corrupted company file, then it might trigger the issue.
- Also, if the system is infected with cryptowall virus.
- In case you are trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening the QuickBooks accounting software.
- When you make an attempt to open a portable file without opening QuickBooks, you might end up in such an error.
- If you are trying to save the QuickBooks Macintosh file while using the QuickBooks for windows, then you might encounter this type of error.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150
Identifying QuickBooks error 6150, -1006 is not that difficult. The error code generally appears during the installation period, or while running the installation program while restarting or shutting down the windows. We have jotted down a few of the signs that might help the QB users to identify the error 6150 -1006.
- The very first symptom can be when the system slows downs or do not respond to the keyboard inputs.
- Another sign when the system hangs for a few seconds or minutes.
- If you encounters a pop-up on the screen and the window program crashes.
- When the error code 6150 1006 pops up on the screen.
What methods to implement to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6150 1006?
Underneath scribbled methods can be a little supportive in chucking off the QuickBooks error 6150 1006 successfully.
Method 1: Create QuickBooks desktop company file
Well, you can make a company file in QuickBooks, by performing the steps below:
- Start with opening QuickBooks software.
- Further, head to the no company open window and click on create a new company.
- Now pick from the express start or detailed start option.
- For this, you need to cater the information on the easy step interview screen and choose next.
- Moreover, pick the industry and hit next.
- Go for the type of business entity and hit next option.
- Set the fiscal year’s first month and hit next again.
- You need to now select the QuickBooks admin password and hit next tab.
- Go for the location where you wish to store the company file.
- And hit save.
- Next to customize your QuickBooks should be select or choose leave.
- Herein, you need to type in the information required in the QuickBooks setup window.
- Further, go for create company tab.
- You need to now start creating the customers, chart of accounts and services or select start working directly.
Method 2: Check for cryptowall
- In this particular method, you would first have to go for windows start tab.
- Furthermore, type in file explorer in the search bar.
- Open the file explorer.
- And look for and open QuickBooks folder.
- You would now have to look for the files that have decrypt or instructions.
- If you found the file, then reach out to the antivirus provider, and ask them to eradicate the cryptowall virus.
Method 3: Getting a backup of the company file
Well, this is the last method in this list, that you can perform so as to chuck off the issue. After you convert a company file to a later version of QuickBooks, you might not be able to use open it in previous version. This is where it is important to take a backup and restore it.
- Start off with heading to QuickBooks file menu and click on open or restore company.
- You need to now choose open or restore a backup copy and hit next.
- Go for local backup and Hit next.
- Select the location of the file from the dropdown.
- Choose backup file and hit a click on open and hit next.
- You need to now, select the location where you wish to restore the file from the save in drop down.
- Type a file name in the given field and save as type field will populate QuickBooks files.
- Hit save tab and also pay heed to the onscreen instructions before the process of restoration starts.
- In final step you need to click on save tab and pay heed to the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Method 4: Use Auto data recovery
Auto data recovery is a tool developed by Intuit that can help you in repairing the QB company file. It should be noted that the process is quite lengthy and can take a few days or so. The catch here is that you will not be able to use the QuickBooks accounting software, till the time the process continues.
- Under this process, you would simply have to have the auto data recovery tool, and you would be successfully able to get back your data during the data loss.
- And in case you don’t have it, you would have to seek for immediate assistance from some professionals.
Method 5: Basic troubleshooting steps
- If the error message is linked to the file extension of the company file, then in such case you are required to consider changing the file extension and then save the company file with a proper extension.
- Then, you are required to authenticate whether the company file is opening on any other device or not.
- Also, re-install the QuickBooks software, in case the file is not up-to-date.
- You have to save the QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac system and not in the windows based system.
- Lastly, perform a proper antivirus update before opening the company file, in order to avoid the error.
By now, you might be able to make the best use of the above steps in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 6150, 1006. However, as always, if you have any query, comments, or concerns, call us immediately at our helpline number. We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible QuickBooks error support services. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime and seeking for assistance!