Ended up in cannot open company receive error code 6155? Well, need not to worry, as we have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the steps that are involved in fixing the QuickBooks error 6155. This error is seen when backing up the company file. Also, this error might seen when the QuickBooks company file doesn’t open. The primary reason behind to this error can be the QuickBooks file is corrupted or if the .nd or tlg file is damaged.
To know how to resolve this QuickBooks company file error 6155, make sure to read this post till the end, or take help from our support team. Our professionals will ensure to provide you with best possible assistance.
Why Error Code 6155 in QuickBooks
You may get this error due to the following reasons:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks desktop
- .ND and .TLG files are damaged
- QuickBooks File is corrupted
- Company file is missing from the QB installation directory.
- The company file that you are trying to open is a read-only file.
You may read also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189 and 816?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6155
You can perform the below steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6155:
Method 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks release manually
- You need to first close QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, move to the QuickBooks download and update page.
- You should now have to select the country, product, and version.
- Now, click on search and also click on get the latest updates.
- This might take some time to download, depending on the size of the file and internet speed.
- Once done with that, you should click on the downloadable file after the download is over.
- Click on yes tab.
- The last step is to follow the on-screen instructions to launch the QuickBooks update.
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup mode
- In this step, you should press Windows + R keys to open run box.
- After that, you should type MSCONFIG and hit ok tab.
- Next step is to select selective startup under the general tab and make sure to load startup items option is unchecked.
- Now hit a click on OK tab.
- Also click on restart tab.
- And also, uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Method 3: Copy the company files to desktop
- First step is to right click on the desktop and move to new and folder option.
- Next step is to move to the current company file location.
- Also, right click on the company file and choose copy.
- Now open the new folder and right click and select paste tab.
- Press ctrl key.
- After that, you should click on open or restore an existing company.
- You will now have to open a company file and hit next.
- Also browse to the desktop file that has been copied in a new folder.
- After that click on open.
Method 4: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor
- You should first download QuickBooks tool hub and move to the downloads by pressing ctrl + J keys.
- After that you will have to click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Now hit a click on yes to allow this app to make changes.
- Once done with that, you should click on next to install it and also click on yes again.
- Click on next tab and after that install.
- Next step is to click on finish after the installation ends.
- You will then have to open QuickBooks tool hub.
- And under the company file issues tab, you should click on run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Also click on browse to choose the company file.
- Followed by selecting check your file and network.
- Moreover, hit continue tab.
- Last step is to enter QuickBooks admin password and hit next.
Method 5: Download and run quick fix my program
- At first, you should download and install QuickBooks tool hub program,
- After that move to program problems tab and click on quick fix my program in tools hub.
- Now, the process might take some time.
- Also, reopen QuickBooks desktop and you are good to go.
Method 6: Update QuickBooks desktop
- Initially, open QuickBooks desktop.
- And also, move to help and update QuickBooks tab.
- Next step is to click on update now to the top right.
- And also check on reset update and click on get updates.
- The last step is to close QuickBooks.
Get instant help
Still unable to open your company file and receiving the QuickBooks error code 6155? If that is the case, you need to make sure to contact our QuickBooks error support team professionals right away. Our experts will ensure to provide you with immediate tech assistance.