Did you end up with the QuickBooks error code 6155, and are confused about how to get it resolved? Well, need not worry, as we have come up with this article, where, we will be elaborately discussing the steps that are involved in fixing the QuickBooks error 6155. This error is seen when backing up the company file. Also, this error might be seen when the QuickBooks company file doesn’t open. Another primary reason behind this error can be if the QuickBooks file is corrupted or if the .nd or .tlg file is damaged.
To know how to resolve this QuickBooks company file error 6155, make sure to read this post till the end, or take help from our support team. Our professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible assistance.
Why the Error Code 6155 occurs in QuickBooks?
There are several reasons that may contribute to the QuickBooks error code 6155. You may encounter this error due to the following reasons:
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Damaged ‘.ND‘ and ‘.TLG‘ files.
- Essential QuickBooks File(s) corrupted.
- The company file is missing from the QB installation directory.
- The company file that you are trying to open is a read-only file.
You may read also: Methods to Resolve QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060
Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6155
You can perform the below steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6155:
Method 1: Downloading & installing QuickBooks release manually
- You need initially close the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, move to the QuickBooks download and update page.
- You should now have to choose the country, product, and version.
- Now, hit on the search and also opt for get the latest updates option.
- This might take some time to download, depending on the size of the file and internet speed.
- Once done with that, hit on the downloadable file after the download is over.
- Tap on the yes tab.
- The last step is to follow the on-screen instructions to launch the QuickBooks update.
Method 2: USe the selective startup mode to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
- In this step, you should hit the Win + R keys to open the run box.
- After that, type in ‘MSCONFIG‘ and hit the ok tab.
- Next, opt for Selective startup under the General tab and uncheck the load startup items option.
- Now, push the OK tab.
- Also, tap on the restart tab.
- And also, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
Method 3: Copy the company files to desktop
- The first step is to right-click on the desktop and navigate to New, then folder options. This move shall create a new folder on the desktop.
- Next, move to the current company file location.
- Also, right-click on the company file and choose copy.
- Now, open the new folder and right-click and hit the paste tab.
- Hit on the ctrl key afterward.
- After that, tap on open or restore an existing company.
- You will now have to open a company file and hit next.
- Also, browse the desktop file that has been copied into a new folder.
- After that hit on open.
Method 4: Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor to resolve QuickBooks error 6155
- You should first download the QuickBooks tool hub and move to the downloads by tapping on the ctrl + J keys.
- After that, you will have to double-click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Now, hit on yes to allow this app to make changes.
- Once done with that, you should opt for next to install the tool and also click on yes again.
- Choose the next tab and after that install.
- Next, choose finish after the installation ends.
- You will then have to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- And under the company file issues tab, you should click on run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Also, tap on browse to choose the company file.
- Followed by option for check your file and network.
- Moreover, hit the continue tab.
- The last step is to enter the QuickBooks admin password and hit next.
Method 5: Download & run quick fix my program
- At first, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub program,
- After that, move to the program problems tab and hit on quick fix my program in tools hub.
- The process might take some time.
- Also, reopen the QuickBooks desktop and check if the error troubles you any further. If it does, head to the next method.
Method 6: Update QuickBooks desktop
- Initially, open QuickBooks desktop.
- And also, move to help and update the QuickBooks tab.
- Next, hit on update now in the top right.
- And also check on reset update and opt for get updates.
- The last step is to close QuickBooks.
Method 7: Change the filenames of the ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ files
- To begin with, advance to the location where the QuickBooks company file are stored.
- Now, search for the files having extensions ‘.ND‘ and. ‘TLG.’
- Right-click them and tap on the Rename option.
- Make sure to then type ‘.OLD’ towards the end.
- Finally, hit on ‘Yes‘ to culminate the process.
- Hopefully, the error 6155 should be ousted from QuickBooks by now.
Get instant help from our support team
Still unable to open your company file and receive the QuickBooks error code 6155? If that is the case, you need to make sure to contact our QuickBooks error support team professionals right away.
Our experts will ensure to provide you with immediate tech assistance to cut the roots of this error. Our team works with perseverance and utmost dedication, making sure that the QuickBooks software becomes free of all technical hindrances.