Are you in search of the quick fixes to unexpected error C=184? Well, your search ends over here. This article will brief you on the complete solution to this error. This error usually seen when there is any damaged ‘.ND‘ (Network Data) file or ‘.TLG‘ (Transaction Log) file. As a result, the company file is affected and doesn’t open. To fix the issue, you must verify that the company file is saved on a removable device or any other location. The causes and the fixation steps for this particular error are discussed later in this article.
Thus, if you are interested in finding out the fixation procedures for QuickBooks error message C=184, then make sure to stick around till the end. You can also get in touch with our dedicated support team for any further assistance.
The following error message can be appears on your screen when the Error C=184 occurs in your QB software.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error Code C=184?
You can end up with this issue due to the following reasons:
- The date and time set on the computer may be incorrect while performing specific tasks in QuickBooks.
- The Network (ND) and the Transaction Log (TLG) files might be corrupted.
- Reporting dates in QuickBooks Desktop may not be correctly aligning due to a leap year.
- Incorrect QuickBooks installation can be another major cause.
You might also see: Steps to Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Different Methodologies to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=184
Here we are with the effective methods to resolve the error code C=184 in QuickBooks. To make sure that the methods prove efficacious, follow the procedures contained in every method carefully. Perform the below set of steps to troubleshoot this issue.
Method 1: Changing the location of the Company file
The steps of relocating the Company file from its original location to a new location (preferably Desktop) are:
- First of all, move to the Company file folder. For this an easy method involves right-clicking the QuickBooks .exe file and opting for Properties < Open File Location.
- Now, opt for the Company file(s) that trigger such error and then proceed by right-clicking on the file. Next step requires clicking on Copy.
- Proceed ahead with the creation of a new folder on the Desktop and then paste the file in that folder by using the short key Ctrl + V keys.
- Final step requires launching QuickBooks again and opening the company file from the new location.
Method 2: Run the ‘Reboot.bat’ File
Opening the Reboot.bat in the QuickBooks folder shall restart all the components and processes linked with QuickBooks. This can prove to be a panacea against multiple technical issues encountered in the accounting program, including Error message C=184. The following steps should guide you through:
- The initial step mandates the user to make an exit from all the active windows of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow up by right-clicking the QuickBooks icon and then opting for Properties.
- Now, proceed to choose the Open File Location tab in the Properties window.
- This will directly take the user to the QuickBooks folder. Herein, double-clicking on the ‘reboot.bat’ file is required.
- This will open the Command Prompt window on which certain processes will operate automatically. Make sure not to perform any other tasks in the meantime and wait for the completion of the process.
- Once completed, run QuickBooks as an admin and open the Company File once again.
- This should annihilate the running issue.
Method 3: Update Windows Operating system
It is mandatory to update Windows to leverage the recent updates rolled out by Microsoft. The updates are also associated with the Windows components which form a necessary backbone of seamless QuickBooks functioning. The update process requires users to perform the following steps:
- Start by clicking on the Start tab on the Taskbar, and soon after, type “Update”.
- When the Windows update window shows up, the next step require clicking on Check for updates. Now, make sure to mark all the important updates which are linked with MSXML, .NET Framework, including other important windows components.
- Upon choosing all the important updates, the user needs to tap on the Download button and once it is complete, follow up with a system restart.
- When the system restarts, the downloaded updates will automatically start installing on the system.
- Once done, the Desktop will load and you are good to go.
Note: To double-check the effectiveness of this process in fixing Error code C=184, access the company file after opening QuickBooks.
Method 4: Change the ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ Log Files
- The initial step is to head to the QuickBooks Company file folder.
- Follow up by searching for the ‘.TLG’ and ‘.ND’ files in the same folder.
- Once located, the user should proceed by right-clicking each of these files and follow up by hitting on Rename.
- Now, the user can append any random text like ‘.old’ towards the end of the file names.
- Once done, with that, click anywhere on the screen to save the changes.
- Follow up by trying to launch QuickBooks and open the company file once again.
Method 5: Take Assistance of the QuickBooks File Doctor
The walkthrough to user QuickBooks File Doctor for resolving QuickBooks Unexpected Error C=184 is discussed below:
- Start by downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit website.
- Now, get the tool installed on the system and then run the tool.
- The subsequent step requires hitting on the Company File issues tab from QuickBooks tools hub program.
- Then choosing the Company file after tapping on the Browse tab.
- Also, the user should click on the “Both file damage and network connectivity” option.
- The user should next provide the correct credentials and subsequently click on Next.
- The next step requires opting for the “Host/Server” or the “Workstation” option.
- Follow up by clicking on “Yes” or “No” on the prompt regarding the sharing of the company file.
- The tool will initiate the scan process.
- When the process is done, restarting the system is required. Following that, launch QuickBooks and then attempt to open the same company file that was provoking the ongoing error code.
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the above-stated information might be of some help in fixing QuickBooks database error C=184. However, if you have any queries, then in that case contact us today. Our QuickBooks error support team professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services instantly.