Are you in a search of the quick fixes to QuickBooks unexpected error C=184? Well, your search ends over here. This article will brief you with the complete solution to this error. The QuickBooks database error C=184 is usually seen when there is any damaged .ND (Network Data) file or .TLG (Transaction Log) file. As a result of it, the company file can be affected and couldn’t able to open. To fix the issue, you need to verify the company file is saved on a removable device or any other location. The causes and the fixation steps for this particular error is discussed later in this article.
Thus, if you are interested in finding out the fixation procedures for QuickBooks error message C=184, then make sure to stick around till the end. You can also get in touch with our dedicated support team for any further assistance.
What leads to QuickBooks error code C=184?
You can end up in with this issue due to the following reasons:
- Any damaged .tlg and .nd files.
- When QuickBooks isn’t installed properly.
- If the QuickBooks is not installed in a proper manner.
- When the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop aren’t matching due to leap years.
You might also see: Steps to Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code C=184
You can try performing the below set of steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code C=184:
Method 1: Move the company file
- The very first step is to move where the company file is saved.
- After that right click the file.
- The last step is to select cut and paste option and move file to another location.
Method 2: Run reboot.bat file
- In this process, you should close the QuickBooks software.
- And then, right click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the properties option from the drop down.
- Next step is to click on the location to open the file.
- After that, run the reboot.bat file.
- Now, press reboot.bat tab and press admin tab.
- As admin you should run reboot.bat
- The CMD window appears and the file components are processed.
- After that the system will restart.
- This would fix the issue up to certain extent.
Method 3: Update Windows
In next steps you should update your Windows operating system to the latest release if any.
- You can install the latest updates right away by selecting Start > Setting > Windows update > Check for updates
- You can choose to update and then install option, if there is any pending updates.
Method 4: Change the .ND and .TLG files name
- First step is to look for the folder where you have saved the company file.
- After that go for .nd and .tlg files.
- Next step is to right click on the same and also choose rename tab.
- Last step is to add .old extension to the company file name for both the files.
- And try to open the company file and check if the issue is fixed or not.
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the above stated information might be of some help in fixing QuickBooks database error C=184. However, if you have any query, then in that case contact us at 1-800-615-2347. Our QuickBooks error support team professionals will ensure to provide you the best possible support services instantly.
More helpful topics: