Are you in search of the quick fixes to unexpected error C=184? Well, your search ends over here. This article will brief you on the complete solution to this error. The QuickBooks database error C=184 is usually seen when there is any damaged ‘.ND‘ (Network Data) file or ‘.TLG‘ (Transaction Log) file. As a result, the company file is affected and doesn’t open. To fix the issue, you must verify that the company file is saved on a removable device or any other location. The causes and the fixation steps for this particular error are discussed later in this article.
Thus, if you are interested in finding out the fixation procedures for QuickBooks error message C=184, then make sure to stick around till the end. You can also get in touch with our dedicated support team for any further assistance.
What leads to QuickBooks error code C=184?
You can end up with this issue due to the following reasons:
- Any damaged .tlg and .nd files.
- When QuickBooks isn’t installed properly.
- Incorrect date and time set up on your system.
- When the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop aren’t matching due to leap years.
You might also see: Steps to Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=184
Here we are with the effective methods to resolve the error code C=184 in QuickBooks. To make sure that the methods prove efficacious, follow the procedures contained in every method carefully. Perform the below set of steps to troubleshoot this issue.
1st Method: Move the company file
- The first step is to move where the company file is saved.
- After that, right-click the File.
- The last step is to choose the Cut and later Paste option in the destination folder.
2nd Method: Run the ‘reboot.bat’ file to resolve the QuickBooks error C=184
- In this process, you should close the QuickBooks software.
- And then, right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the Properties option from the drop-down.
- The next step is to hit on the Location to open the file.
- After that, run the Reboot.bat file.
- Now, hit the Reboot.bat tab and tap on the Admin tab.
- As an admin, you should run Reboot.bat file.
- The CMD window appears and the file components are processed.
- After that, the system will restart.
- This would fix the issue up to a certain extent.
3rd Method: Update Windows
In next steps you should update your Windows operating system to the latest release if any.
- You can install the latest updates right away by selecting Start > Setting > Windows update > Check for updates.
- You can choose to Update and then Install option if there are any pending updates.
4th Method: Change the ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ files name
- The first step is to look for the folder where you have saved the company file.
- After that go for .nd and .tlg files.
- Next step is to right-click on the same and also choose Rename tab.
- The last step is to add ‘.old’ extension to the company file name for both the files.
- And try to open the company file and check if the issue is fixed or not.
5th Method: Take assistance of the QuickBooks File Doctor
Amongst all the tools and utilities complementing the QuickBooks software, the QuickBooks File Doctor stands at the pinnacle. It is a marvelous utility that has the ability to troubleshoot a vast array of technical errors in the QuickBooks software. To use the tool for fixing the error C=184 in QuickBooks, follow the brief procedure given below:
- The initial step is to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and save the “qbfd.exe” file.
- Double-clicking the downloaded file will start the Installation process.
- Ensure that you follow the instructions precisely as they are shown on the screen.
- After the installation process is complete, double-click the desktop icon to start the tool.
- Pick the Company file that is having a problem, then let the tool check it for any problems.
- In the subsequent screen that shows up, choose either “Both file damage and network connectivity” or “Network connectivity only.”
- Hit on Next after entering the administrator password for your data file.
- Now, you must hit click on either the Host/Server or Workstation option. Pick the appropriate choice.
- hit a click on Yes or No when asked if you want to share your company file as well.
- After that, allow the tool to Check your company’s network and files for any problems.
- After finishing, restart your computer and open QuickBooks to see if the issue incited by the error code 184 got fixed.
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the above-stated information might be of some help in fixing QuickBooks database error C=184. However, if you have any queries, then in that case contact us today. Our QuickBooks error support team professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services instantly.